Originally Posted by DBT

This was already addressed. Do you believe that the bombing of all citizens in Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Berlin were immoral because the Axis powers refused to surrender under any terms? This was a much larger scale of indiscriminate destruction than the Canaanites who were given many opportunities and generations to reform before they were destroyed.

The NT makeover theory is logically unsustainable--the NT writers quoted the OT writers with no apologies--including the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

A lot of things were asserted but absolutely nothing was addressed, there is no comparison to be made between a God - presuming existence - ordering the butchering of women and children and taking virgins as sex slaves and what the allies did in the war, which is something that we alone are responsible for.

I laid out the Biblical criteria for it a number of pages back. When asked to address a Biblical question I give a Biblical answer. I'm not going to make things up or speculate when God said why He did what He did. How can that not be addressing the issue?