Originally Posted by Thunderstick
To all
In reflecting back I think there were times that I could have stated my thoughts more charitably. I apologize for not doing this. I only want to provide what I offered as a benefit and don't want to disrespect anyone. I hope that the interchange here will be helpful in some way to those who participated or who are silently reading. Blessings to all.

Seems to me that we have high school graduates trying to explain algebra to petulant and prideful kindergarten children.

Children who insist that their simple copy and paste actions from the algebra book constitute some knowledge of algebra. They can list the equations but simply do not understand them. Indeed, they cannot understand and refuse to accept the fact that their level of knowledge and expertise is quite low.

One oft repeated example of this is a failure to understand the Law and then the fulfillment of the Law. There will be much confusion about this until one understands Matthew 22:37-40..... if one looks it up, pay special attention to verse 40.

I was told one time: “Well, I can tell you and I can explain it to you but I can’t understand it for you.”

They lack discernment but do not see the lack.

I wouldn’t worry too much about offending folks here. After all, this is the internet and this is the Campfire. Also, they would not be here if they didn’t have some interest and that..... I think.... is a good thing.

There are some skeptics that post on these Christian threads that are straightforward in their views and objections. I appreciate much of what Bowsinger posts. He says what he thinks and can usually state his objections. OK.

Others are simply here to inject doubts in the minds of the undecided. Others are simply trolls that post absolute malarkey as undisputed fact. But, they are here and again, I am ok with that.

Discussion and dispute is better than just an echo chamber.

Last edited by TF49; 07/02/19. Reason: Add echo comment

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”