Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I would not. But the Patriarchs of the OT would.

In that post, I simply offered to you, their rationalization.

I wrote of what I was taught. I did not speak therein of what I believe.

Just for the sake of argument, you would not kill your child for breaking the Sabbath, gathering toys, sticks or whatever, and neither would any reasonable human being in this day and age.

Which appears to make us as human beings more reasonable, more caring, more considerate than the God of the bible as described in these verses....a God, a Being, that is supposed to be the ultimate in love, compassoon and mercy is surpassed by His creatures.

I'll put it this way. if I were a pioneer trying to raise a family in the wilderness, without the recourse of modern legal and medical intervention and I had one bad child making attempts to kill his siblings........Yes, I would put him down.

False analogy....The stick gatherer was not out to kill anyone. He probably just needed more wood for his fire, to feed his family. For which he was not forgiven or chastised, but killed..
.let those without sin cast the first stone!!?

Please provide the proof that he "needed" to do this for the good of his family. If so why would he not ask if anyone could help his family rather than doing something for which he knew there was a death penalty. A loving father would not put his family at risk in this way. You feel the need to read into the text in order to avoid what is stated and make an emotional argument. You proposed as a logical contradiction, if it truly was that, you could prove it without making these speculative statements.

A person normally gathers wood because wood is needed. Which makes it a fair assumption that the man was gathering sticks because he needed sticks for his fire.