I find it difficult to believe in people that say they believe in Christ yet they have not given all their wealth away, and are not poor humble people living with nothing and spreading the word. Jesus Christ is very clear about what you have to do to be a Christian, and what the penalties are if you do not.
Only the poor need apply for a start. I don't think that nearly all Christian people really do believe in the bible, not really. The bible is very clear on all points.

I can therefor say, that I have never met anyone who was a true Christian except for a man I once saw, who lived rough, had nothing at all, and was shouting at passers-by from a park about how they were all going to hell. (Or some monks and priests that I have read about, having not met complete ascetics myself personally.)

That man was the only true Christian I have met. I can't see anyone on this thread for example, as having followed Jesus's instructions, and I am not sure I believe them when they say they are believers, or profess to believe that he the only "true way" or other similar language.

I have thoguht a good deal about this.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain