Originally Posted by Starman
For those not on the short list to get into heaven, take heart that God is still with you in hell.

Psa 139:7-12 KJV -

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

This is another good example of the skeptics lack of Scriptural understanding:
The word hell is used to mean grave or place of punishment. David is saying if he dies or takes his life and should he go to the grave or the abode of the wicked he will not escape the judgment of God. In the final judgment death and hell will give up their dead to stand before the Great White throne judgment to be tried for their deeds on earth. Rev.20:13

Alleged contradictions that are based on a lack of understanding are not legitimate contradictions--they are alleged contradictions that exist in the mind that is prejudiced against reconciliation or truth.