Originally Posted by jaguartx
I wonder if people ever stop to consider what would have compelled the desciples to tell the story of Jesus, especially after seeing Him crucified.

I dont think think they were getting rich or much wine, women and song for it. Were they just such good buds of Jesus they did it to piss the govt and religious leaders off?

Seems to me that, like our forefathers, there was something important at stake for them to risk life and limb for. Paul gave up robbing, raping, killing and pillaging for a life of pain and misery.

You athiests arent interested in putting 2 and 2 together or you would see its the same for many believers on the Fire. You cant swallow that they know something you dont, such as what changed them.

Why would He and the desciples and we say so if it werent so? Are we getting paid for it?

I would not claim to know the motivation of any man.

Why did Joseph Smith do the things he did? it lead to his murder and that of his brother.

David Koresh died for his actions along with many of his acaccolytes.

Martyrs can be found throughout human history. And most for reasons less benign than attempting to guide the Hebrew church toward a kinder and gentler path.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.