[/quote]However the list of contradictions in the details in the Bible is very long:

“… the earth abideth for ever.” — Ecclesiastes 1:4
the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” — 2Peter 3:10[quote]

I am not going to respond to every contrived/alleged contradiction but I'll respond to this one to illustrate again how these alleged contradictions are simply based on cursory readings for the purpose of a skeptic's agenda.

Eccl. 1:4 A generation goes and a generation comes, But the earth remains forever.
Going back to Genesis 1:2 we can see that the earth is being referenced even before it was created into it's current condition from a 6 day creation. There was a pre-existing earth and water mass before the start of creation. There will also be a renewing and reshaping of the earth at the return of Christ. The world as we know it now will be burned up. A renewed heaven and earth will be formed that will last forever but this new heaven and earth comes out from the complete remake of the current earth.

This event is spoken of in the old and new Testaments:
Isa 65:17. For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21 Whom the heaven* must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

By this we can understand that the new heavens and new earth is a restoration of a perfect and sinless order.

Rev. 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

This the fulfillment of that promise.

So there are two truths being taught throughout scripture--the destruction of the world as we know it today and the future renewal of the earth to perfection. In the one sense the earth abides forever and in the other sense the world as we know it is destroyed and passes away. It is very common for the easterner to think about two complementary concepts without seeing them as contradictions.

The analogy is given in Scripture of the destruction of the world being compared to the flood of Noah. While the water did not obliterate the earth it did destroy the world as they knew it at that time. So whether you believe in the flood or not you need to understand the hyperbole of the document being studied.

2 Pet. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

I found it interesting that many skeptics who point to the alleged contradictions in Scripture and will then turn around and say all religions are equally valid--and not see the obvious contradiction in that statement.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/02/19.