In my reading of what I consider the best evidence available, I believe the local presentations of the universe is about 13.7 billion years old. the earths around 4.5 billion years old, and modern mans been around for 100,000 to 250,000 years.

What do you thinks closer, the numbers I proposed above, or those proposed by Bishop Ussher with all three created around 6,000 years ago?

The beginning of Genesis indicates that there was a chaotic mass of water and earth before the literal 6 day creation began. Based on this there can be a lot of geological evidence from before the start of creation of the world as we know it today, that still bears evidence. Additionally creation called all the waters into ONE place for the dry land to appear- more catastrophic geological evidence. There is also the evidence for the tectonic plate shift and divisions of the earth and divided bodies of water in the days of Peleg--more catastrophic geological evidence. The breakup of the Pangaea explains a lot. These are 3 major sources of geology outside of Noah's flood. Any time there is a major geological catastrophic event radiometric dating is skewed because it accomplishes in a short time what otherwise would take millions of years to produce. So I am saying a couple things regarding geology:
1. the pre-existing creation matter of earth and water could bear witness to millions of years
2. the 4 catastrophic geological events recorded in scripture will skew radiometric dating significantly and in this case the geology will be much younger than carbon dating would show
3. the creation and biology of the earth as recorded in Genesis is young

So in short I believe in a young literal 6 day creation that was based on a pre-existing geology of earth and water as the Bible describes. I am simply taking the Bible for what it says and I see no conflict between it and the concrete evidence of science. Radiometric dating is based on uniformitarianism which is a purely speculative and inaccurate assumption when applied to time that lapses over catastrophic events.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/09/19.