Originally Posted by Starman
Malachi 4:1

"Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming
will set them on fire," says the LORD Almighty. " Not a root or a branch will be left to them."

Wow imagine that ...God says there will be nothing remaining of the transgressor.

how does one torture and torment forever what has been totally destroyed and amounts to nothing?

If one has been turned to spent ash of no worth or value, then what actually remains that can continue to burn for eternity?
its easy to see that there is an actual end to the burning/consumption process for sinners.

However, nowhere does it say the devil , false profit and Beast will be turned to ASH, because their fate ( Rev20:10) is described
as different and very specific (ie; tormented forever).

It is beyond the scope of this thread to discuss the Biblical concepts of hell and torment vs annihilation ... I will simply say that you often are not distinguishing between body, soul, and spirit in your interpretations and applications of passages. As a starting primer consider that Jesus' body laid in the grave, His spirit went to God--"into they hands I commend my spirit," and His soul went to Hades (thou wilt not leave my soul in hell) to preach to the spirits in prison as the scriptures testify.