Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by carbon12
TF49

What does your faith in God allow for the souls of our beloved dogs? Do the dogs have an afterlife? If so, is it with the afterlife of their humans?

Nobody knows anything about an afterlife. But rereading "Rainbow Bridge" can help ease the lost of a beloved pet.

Re carbon 12: Qualifier; it is not my ”faith” or what my faith in God would allow that is important on this issue. What matters is what a God said...what the Bible has to say about it.

Seems there is not much said about it but it seems the majority of bible scholars believe that indeed there are animals in Heaven. That they are created seems right. I am not sure about our beloved pets. It may be that pets have “souls” but it may be that they do not have eternal souls.

Having said that, it would seems to me...speculation only....That if we wanted our beloved pet with us and asked the Lord to make it happen, I would not be surprised if He would do exactly that.

Sorry for the inconclusive answer but that’s all I’ve got.

Btw.... I did have a lady pose a question similar to that.... she knew the dog had loved nothing more than chasing rabbits and did in fact catch a couple....hence her question....I chickened out and told her that dogs in heaven can chase rabbits and the rabbits love to be chased and enjoy the race but the dogs just can’t seem to catch them. Oh well...best I could do at the time....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”