Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by victoro
"Ok, one issue at a time....in the Bible, are there any examples of someone “finding God”..... or “experiencing Jesus” ..... without the Bible?"

Eh? I enjoy reading about this stuff but I have a question that may have already been discussed. What is in that Heaven that all you true believers are all dying to get into?

My best friend was trying to "save" me from Hell one day at the deer lease and I interrupted him when I saw a dead coon in road and asked "Did that coon go to Heaven when he died"? He said "Of course not! Animals don't go to Heaven!" My best friend is a good guy but he did go to a Christian school (brainwashing center) from grades 1-6. The brainwashing kicked in he started worrying about his mortality about age 70.

So what should all the "saved" people expect when they arrive expect when the arrive in Heaven TF49? I'm not talking about the pearly gates and all that Bible stuff. I mean the good stuff like having sex with your old girlfriends and things like that. Will they revert back to being young/hot and to me being young/handsome again?

Arrive in Heaven! Be greeted by the Creator of the universe! No more sickness! Perfect health! No sin! Play 20 questions with a God!

Unfettered communion with Jesus!

Then, as we are being greeted by an infinite God, there will far more....more than I can imagine.

Gonna be good....exciting!

Oh, and if I need a break, stroll on down the streets of gold and over to the rib eye tree.....,

Not much of a description.

Does he get to bang that old girl friend or not?

Surely not a satisfying answer to one who is limited in view and can only imagine more of what he has already experienced.

Given a choice between the best that I can imagine or the best that God can imagine, I chose what God has in mind.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”