Originally Posted by rimfire
If the bible was truly "gods" word it wouldn't have evolved , 600 years ago the earth was flat today its round. A god would have known at the time the bible was written that it was round and not let the primitives (bible writers) believe it was flat.

rimfire:

The text, in context, in Isaiah 40:22-23….is as follows:

“…21Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been declared to you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the foundation of the earth? 22He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth; its dwellers are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. 23He brings the princes to nothing and makes the judges of the earth meaningless.…”

So, grasshopper, let me help you with this. The point is the majesty of God and GOD looking ….ready for it? ….. DOWN on the dwellers of the earth. If one is in the skies, like an astronaut, the earth appears as a circle.

Simple, but I suspect you are not seeking an understanding.

No problem, no contradiction…. only an eagerness to be quick to conclude and a lack of understanding on your part. I doubt you ever even read the verse in context and tried to understand it. If you did and failed to see the viewpoint…well, you can guess…..

Keep to your studies grasshopper…… oh, and take your blinders off.

add: Did you actually think this verse teaches that the earth is flat …...or are you just kidding?

Last edited by TF49; 07/08/19. Reason: kidding?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”