Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Looks like the omega is the one.

And the 45K

If I read correctly, the decibel reduction on the 45K is not as good as the Octane, although, it is shorter. If the overall length means more to you than the sound reduction, I can see going with the 45K.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

HR IC

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I bought another Hybrid and sent in for the 45 can. I went with the Hybrid because it’s more of a do-all. It’s .46 caliber, so I can use it on big bore stuff too. I also have a couple of additional plates for .224 and .308. I’ve shot it on every centerfire I own that’s threaded.

https://silencerco.com/silencers/hybrid/

I bought an Omega and a Hybrid. shortactionsmoker is right. The Hybrid is multi caliber. Once you get the additional end caps, you're good to go.

Not downspeaking the Omega. It's still in my FFL's safe and looking forward to shooting it. I have shot the Hybrid and like it. Very quiet, even with 5.56.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
What's the benefit of the Omega over the Harvester, besides the fact it is AR rated and the Harvester isn't? I have no AR's and don't intend to get one. Also, where are you guys finding the Omega for $800?

Much shorter overall package, longer life due to better materials, no shooting a few shots and waiting to cool down to room temperature (silencers heat up fast), fewer reports of blowing up. If you're going to wait all that time, might as well get the best within reason... In the end it's not the cost that's bad, it's the wait, you don't want to be regretting going cheap by the time your number is finally up.

As for where to get them, keep in mind that this special has been going on almost a month, so some of the places with best deals (like Lanbo's Armory) are out. That said, Esilencers has them in stock for $835 with free shipping to your SOT, and Hansohn Brothers has them in stock for $904.

Esilencers - Omega

Hansohn Brothers - Omega

Also, Capitol Armory has Omega 300s with a direct thread mount, ASR mount and a muzzle device for $905, the two mounts and no muzzle device for $855, or just a direct thread mount for $770.

Capitol Armory - Omega

Last edited by Gtscotty; 07/11/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Much appreciated Gtscotty.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Found a LE priced 338 Harvester. Anyone using this for lesser calibers?

It's rated for 338 LM, and weighs 21 OZ.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Have been on the fence to buy my first suppressor for a while now and couldn't resist this deal either. After some pretty thorough research have concluded the Omega 300 would best fit my needs (AR's in 223 Wylde and 300 Blackout along with a Montana in 308). Found one on Gunbroker with a "buy it now" for $800, no tax or CC fee + $20 shipping. Leaning heavily toward the Octane 9 for my freebie as it'll be mainly used for 22LR.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What kind of transfer fee for the suppressors are you guys seeing? I’ve never researched them before today, but my LGS stayed $100 for suppressors, while only $25 for normal firearm transfers. Maybe that’s for the months of safe storage they have to provide??

Last edited by turkish; 07/13/18.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
$100 is pretty typical around here too to receive it and do the paperwork. I've got one pretty close by that is charging $50 and also has one of the Silencer Shop kiosks that's included in the deal that should simplify things. I've decided for my needs to just do the purchase as an "individual" vs the trust route (Convenient & quick,
NO LEGAL COSTS, LESS PAPERWORK, and SMALLER MARGIN OF ERROR) not to mention a quicker approval from the ATF..

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ga whitetail
Have been on the fence to buy my first suppressor for a while now and couldn't resist this deal either. After some pretty thorough research have concluded the Omega 300 would best fit my needs (AR's in 223 Wylde and 300 Blackout along with a Montana in 308). Found one on Gunbroker with a "buy it now" for $800, no tax or CC fee + $20 shipping. Leaning heavily toward the Octane 9 for my freebie as it'll be mainly used for 22LR.

I think the Omega is the premier SiCo offering for 95% of people's uses. It's tough, relatively light weight, quiet - especially for only being 6 inches, and uses probably the most common mounting system (with more options popping up all the time.)

If I didn't already have a Saker 762 for tough use, and a Liberty Sovereign for lightweight, I'd be jumping on this offer as well.

Given how many people seem to be doing the SiCo BOGO, I'm wondering if the volume hike will drive a mini 41F style wait time increase spike.

As for transfer fees, I think there is one guy in town that charges $100, but others are less. My last two have been transferred by a dealer that charges $65, I think I'll have the next one transferred by TBAC since they are in town and do transfers for around $50.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 07/13/18.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’m a first timer here ... Silencerco needs a serial number to take advantage of this promotion, no later than, July 30. If I purchased online this weekend, when do they typically provide a serial number?

Never mind, I see it on my order now. Thanks to those who’ve contributed to this thread, for making me spend more money.

Last edited by turkish; 07/15/18.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Smokin' deal regardless of what you choose. Good time to be buyin'.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Finally got notified my submission for a free suppressor has been approved by Silencerco! Feds cashed the check but nothing yet on the first one.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Stamp arrived today. Wow, that was quick! 11 months and 3 weeks.

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Which free one did you pick and have you heard anything on it yet. I received and email several months ago from Silencerco saying they will arrive at dealers by no later than June 29, 2019. They better hurry

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BATSCH30
Which free one did you pick and have you heard anything on it yet. I received and email several months ago from Silencerco saying they will arrive at dealers by no later than June 29, 2019. They better hurry

No word on it since the same email you got. They got swamped. I bought the Omega 300 locally in a hurry and free "Something" pretty sure the Hybrid but maybe Osprey. I'll update when I can.

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Did not get in on the free one deal, but I am currently waiting on the Hybrid 46. Got a 5.56, 6.8, and 308 that it will go on, and maybe a 9mm is I get a threaded barrel for it.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Got a omega last July 15th I believe and the free octane 9. My omega still hasn’t cleared. My 2 dead air cans did in 10 months. Octane arrived at dealer 2 weeks ago. Going tomorrow to do paperwork and then wait again.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Holy smokes! I was not expecting it to be this quiet! Wow! Wow! Wow!

Anyone on the fence about getting an Omega? Just do it.

[Linked Image]

BTW: Free one is close, Silencerco contacted the flunky retailer for updated paperwork.... 365 days from paid to pickup on the Omega.

--- Kid Rock 2022

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds like I probably need to hurry up and get my rifle chopped, threaded, and ready for my currently incarcerated Omega. Still haven’t heard from Silencerco on my freebie. I’m done with those clowns.

Last edited by turkish; 07/08/19.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (16penny, 1234, 160user, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 1,934 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,886
Posts18,497,845
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.