Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

I find it kind of interesting that one of the primary complaints is “they wrecked my area”..... if that truly was the case.... how do these guys continue to hunt those same areas year after year, and be successful? I’ve seen Newberg kill elk and deer in many of the same units for the past 6 or 7 seasons... on public land... that he has been obvious about. He obviously hasn’t pissed too much in his own pool.... or he’d be moving on to more of “your” areas.

Do you seriously think that there hasn't been a decline in the quality of hunting in SE MT since Newberg started running his cock holster about it at every opportunity? Try and book a place in Broadus for a Nov hunt, it ain't gonna happen unless you do it on your way out the door the prior year. Hell, even Randy's boytoy Buzz cries about the decline in Custer over on HT; he just doesn't have the balls to call out his sweetheart on his contributions to the problem.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bigvalleyboy
Hell, even Randy's boytoy Buzz cries about the decline in Custer over on HT; he just doesn't have the balls to call out his sweetheart on his contributions to the problem.

In all fairness to the potbellied ginger, it's not wise to bite the hand that fuc......feeds you.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Free country, people can make shows wherever they legally are allowed to.

Randy did shows with Jim in my area. That particular spot Was already getting hit hard before the shows. Now I get calls to see if I do charter drop offs to that area. Groups of 5 guys. They’ll educate the big bucks and push them off the alpine and we’ll have a chance at a monster during the rut.

Kinda glad though all the attention is being focused on one area.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've always thought that every resident of any given state that applys should get a tag before any NR. I certainly feel here in my state a NR license should be 20x the cost it currently is...at least to people from Conn. del and NJ. I'm good with 1k for the rest of the states.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s easy to blame individuals but I blame the digital age, internet as a whole, social media, smartphones and the ease and instantaneous way information travels these days. If it wasn’t these guys you’d have a target on somebody else’s back. “Social media influencers” and anybody that puts themselves and their best interest in front of what’s best for the sport are the people I have a bone to pick with. I’m not a fan of a self appointed spokesperson trying to speak on behalf of all sportsmen and women

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm so glad we don't have to draw for anything here, except for a few hunts in parks. Buy a license, pick a public spot, hunt.

Might have been a fluke, but even during the rifle season, there didn't seem to be many hunters, and I live in a "bedroom" county near D.C. Mostly just deer here, but that's fine with me. Doubt I'll run into Randy or Steve, or their posses while I'm out enjoying the woods and hopefully making meat.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Took words out of my mouth

Broadus and SE Montana used to hold nice bucks and deer numbers and a great chance of drawing a non res tag every year until Montana was pimped out on “ hunting shows” now takes about 3 years to draw a non res tag. The locals must be really pissed off.Thank god I went to landowners tag.

The self proclaimed wolf introduction expert buzz should show up shortly to school us all of This hubbub .

A few years ago Rinella was doing a remote Colorado mule deer hunt. His editing wasn’t so great as a night shot showed houses’ porch lights a few hundreds from where he was hunting.

Rinella sure has a lot of rabid fan boys though

Many are quick to point out he is the spokesman for hunters.

I find it kind of interesting that one of the primary complaints is “they wrecked my area”..... if that truly was the case.... how do these guys continue to hunt those same areas year after year, and be successful? I’ve seen Newberg kill elk and deer in many of the same units for the past 6 or 7 seasons... on public land... that he has been obvious about. He obviously hasn’t pissed too much in his own pool.... or he’d be moving on to more of “your” areas.

Do you seriously think that there hasn't been a decline in the quality of hunting in SE MT since Newberg started running his cock holster about it at every opportunity? Try and book a place in Broadus for a Nov hunt, it ain't gonna happen unless you do it on your way out the door the prior year. Hell, even Randy's boytoy Buzz cries about the decline in Custer over on HT; he just doesn't have the balls to call out his sweetheart on his contributions to the problem.

Last edited by ribka; 07/08/19.
C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Ironically, as JG pointed out, private land is sounding more and more like a bargain. I'm not going to play the points game.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora
It’s easy to blame individuals but I blame the digital age, internet as a whole, social media, smartphones and the ease and instantaneous way information travels these days. If it wasn’t these guys you’d have a target on somebody else’s back. “Social media influencers” and anybody that puts themselves and their best interest in front of what’s best for the sport are the people I have a bone to pick with. I’m not a fan of a self appointed spokesperson trying to speak on behalf of all sportsmen and women

It's amazing the info guys give out on the www. About units locales etc....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ribka

Broadus and SE Montana used to hold nice bucks and deer numbers and a great chance of drawing a non res tag every year until Montana was pimped out on “ hunting shows” now takes about 3 years to draw a non res tag. The locals must be really pissed off.Thank god I went to landowners tag.

The self proclaimed wolf introduction expert buzz should show up shortly to school us all of This hubbub .

A few years ago Rinella was doing a remote Colorado mule deer hunt. His editing wasn’t so great as a night shot showed houses’ porch lights a few hundreds from where he was hunting.

It's the best place in montana!!! 😂😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

What cracks me up is all the people that believe they are Public Land DIY hunters. I thought John Lee is a GUIDE! So if you are hunting with John Lee aren't you using a "Guide"? Anyways they are a bunch of blowhards. I know most in the industry that I know tolerate them because they sort of have to. I have never heard a single good word about them from anyone but the people that watch and listen to their show.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh I suspect the wrangells are going to get hit hard this yr by NR and residents during sheep season. Ol A-hole Randy first scene of his sheep hunt was down Nabesna road. Hell I know what trail they were on. Granted the wrangells were no secret, but a lot of people did not know about nabesna road. Didn't help both he and his sidekick got real nice sheep..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My buddy ran into rinella at 40 mile air they were both trying to fly out into the Tok management area (TMA) he said ol Steve the friend of the hunters was not very sociable.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Cha ching$$$$$

Originally Posted by 79S
Oh I suspect the wrangells are going to get hit hard this yr by NR and residents during sheep season. Ol A-hole Randy first scene of his sheep hunt was down Nabesna road. Hell I know what trail they were on. Granted the wrangells were no secret, but a lot of people did not know about nabesna road. Didn't help both he and his sidekick got real nice sheep..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I never hunted that area around Broadus but buddies did

I prefer more remote areas off the radar with fewer deer numbers

Originally Posted by Judman

It's the best place in montana!!! 😂😂

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Never been there myself.... Grin

Ain’t easy havin pals.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I’ve hunted near broadus one time about 6 or 7 years ago. I shot a good buck there haven’t been back since. I’ve shot a metric [bleep] ton of good mountain white tails in nw Montana... that’s more my deal.

Oh and ribka, I buy my nr Montana deer tag otc every year for half price... bought several for $64 before the fee increase to half price of what you pay. Being a Montana native has its privileges. I’ve had a deer tag in Montana every year since 1979, including another this year. Must suck having to apply.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was just in Biddle looking around. Stopped at the little store there and got a lot of information and a ice cream. And I’m from Indiana.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RMerta
I was just in Biddle looking around. Stopped at the little store there and got a lot of information and a ice cream. And I’m from Indiana.

See that's where you messed up. The pros sell their soul, and get on their knees....that's how you get your "spots". Or just start handing out free schit...

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 07/09/19.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Funny..... on one hand we bitch about hunter recruitment, and our need for representation at the local, state, and national levels..

None of my friends have that bitch. Quite the opposite. We laugh at the "hunting is dying" threads. It seems to be dying to those not applying. Point creep is real in every state.

But I do agree with one thing. I bitch about Randy showing up in AZ with a mob of social media "crews" all running cameras trying to earn a $ and pretending they're doing it for me.

Alabama cares how many hunters are in Arizona?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,228
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.