Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Great Falls is the best big town in Montana.

Shut the hell up, Jim.

I may retire there.

Bullchit you are headed to Mississippi to retire and live your dream as hillbilly hog farmer living in a classic 1971 single wide with holes in the floor. While mastering your craft of the banjo..

You point out the holes in the floor like their a derogatory thing, instead of the obvious fact that it saves getting out of the lazboy to let the chickens in !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by 79S

Shut the hell up, Jim.

I may retire there.

Bullchit you are headed to Mississippi to retire and live your dream as hillbilly hog farmer living in a classic 1971 single wide with holes in the floor. While mastering your craft of the banjo..

You point out the holes in the floor like their a derogatory thing, instead of the obvious fact that it saves getting out of the lazboy to let the chickens in !

It's also a good place to toss empty's.

Once a year, send the kids under the trailer and pick cans to turn in for the 4th a Jooly Bob-A-Que money.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Scheel’s which is like a Cabela’s wannabe

I'll go to Scheels 10 times out of 10 before I step foot in another Cabela's. They are great stores IMO.

I've never been to a North 40 though. Would be cool to get one around here. The Gander Mountain is sitting empty....

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Scheels blows Cabela's out of the water.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Went to my first Cabelas in Billings Montana.

It was pretty wild!

We later went to the Billings Scheels...........it was crazy.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Scheels is based out of Fargo, ND. They do A LOT of good things for the communities they are in.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by 79S

Shut the hell up, Jim.

I may retire there.

It's also a good place to toss empty's.

Once a year, send the kids under the trailer and pick cans to turn in for the 4th a Jooly Bob-A-Que money.

Hey, they also allow for pressure differentials during tornadoes so the trailer house don't blow over. Work's like them roof flappy thingies on the NASCARs. What with the normal broke window or six, air just flows thru whenever it needs too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Can’t agree there, Cabelas doesn’t sell soccer balls. Anyplace selling soccer balls and has a women’s department, isn’t really a sporting goods store...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Can’t agree there, Cabelas doesn’t sell soccer balls. Anyplace selling soccer balls and has a women’s department, isn’t really a sporting goods store...

Shrap,

Those are sold for baiting purposes.

Not playing soccer.

Be sure to buy or build a nice blind to go with it.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cabelas has changed for the worst.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll take a Scheel's gun department over a modern-day Cabela's gun department any day of the week. I just don't go to the soccer ball section.............. Cabela's has always had a women's section in their larger stores...............

The original Cabela's gun shop in downtown Sidney, NB was a great place to shop for guns and reloading equipment in the 1970's. Then they went big time and the luster fell off quickly for me. The original store was a merchandise showroom on the street level, a gun shop that you entered by walking down one flight of stairs from street level and the second story of the building above street level was Cabela's early mail order supply/warehouse for what they sold via catalog.

Times have changed and what was once a robust Cabela's slowly slid even further down the road to ruin and since BP bought them, the slide steepened considerably. Cabela's clothing was worth buying in the past. Not the same can be said for the BP products now in Cabela's stores.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BayouRover
I'll take a Scheel's gun department over a modern-day Cabela's gun department any day of the week. I just don't go to the soccer ball section.............. Cabela's has always had a women's section in their larger stores...............

The original Cabela's gun shop in downtown Sidney, NB was a great place to shop for guns and reloading equipment in the 1970's. Then they went big time and the luster fell off quickly for me. The original store was a merchandise showroom on the street level, a gun shop that you entered by walking down one flight of stairs from street level and the second story of the building above street level was Cabela's early mail order supply/warehouse for what they sold via catalog.

Times have changed and what was once a robust Cabela's slowly slid even further down the road to ruin and since BP bought them, the slide steepened considerably. Cabela's clothing was worth buying in the past. Not the same can be said for the BP products now in Cabela's stores.

I agree.

Sportsman's Warehouse for the win though.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I agree.

Sportsman's Warehouse for the win though.

I agree totally............

However, I hate to say it for fear that Bristoe is going to read this and then declare that we are brothers from different mothers and hence unfit people for not agreeing with him on other things that he holds near and dear.............. His learned opinions always concern me greatly............. crazy laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

However, I hate to say it for fear that Bristoe is going to read this and then declare that we are brothers from different mothers and hence unfit people for not agreeing with him on other things that he holds near and dear.............. His learned opinions always concern me greatly............. crazy laugh

That's silly.

My brother and I agree on everything and still hate each other.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That's silly.

My brother and I agree on everything and still hate each other.

laugh

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
😂

Originally Posted by 79S

Shut the hell up, Jim.

I may retire there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
I was just up at the scheels in Great Falls last month

Outstanding customer service and decent prices on guns bows fishing gear.

Phug cabelas

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good place to grab a burger is in Wolf Creek and it's right on your way.

West side of Interstate off the just a little past the end of the off-ramp on the right side. Used to be The Frenchman and Me but they changed the name. Maybe Shotgun Annie's or something like that.

I live south of Helena in Clancy so PM me if you get in a bind.

Safe travels, you're getting a lot of shxx but I've been enjoying reading about your journey so keep it up.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

FYI, Birdwatcher: https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/discussions/hpcdiscussions.php?disc=pmdspd

Short Range Forecast Discussion
NWS Weather Prediction Center College Park MD
256 AM EDT Wed Jul 10 2019

Valid 12Z Wed Jul 10 2019 - 12Z Fri Jul 12 2019

...Looming tropical threat in the northern Gulf of Mexico...

...Threat of heavy rainfall will begin to ramp up along the central Gulf
Coast...

...Severe thunderstorms possible in the Great Lakes & Southern Plains
today and the Northeast on Thursday...

An area of low pressure will move southwest from the Florida Panhandle
before slowly strengthening over the warm waters of the northern Gulf of
Mexico through Friday while turning more westward. The National Hurricane
Center (NHC) is forecasting a high chance of this system developing into a
tropical depression or tropical storm by Thursday. Please refer to
Tropical Weather Outlooks from NHC for the latest on the status of the
Gulf low. The low should begin delivering some heavy rainfall to the
central Gulf Coast over the next couple days as it drifts slowly west just
offshore the central Gulf coast. Outside of the system's circulation,
record warm low temperatures are possible across portions of the Southeast
and Gulf Coast within a hot and humid summertime air mass.

Another low pressure system moving across the Great Lakes will produce
thunderstorms with heavy rain over the Northern Great Lakes and Midwest
today/Wednesday and the Northeast on Thursday and Friday. Severe weather
is possible with the thunderstorms, with large hail and damaging winds are
the primary hazards. Localized flash flooding will also be possible.
Cooler weather is expected behind an associated cold front, with highs in
the 70s to lower 80s over much of the northern Plains on Wednesday,
western Great Lakes on Thursday, and interior portions of the Northeast on
Friday.

Increasingly hot temperatures are expected across the western United
States with time as the jet stream retreats northward. On Thursday and
Friday, high temperatures in the 90s will be commonplace, with 110s and
perhaps a 120+ reading or two expected in the Desert Southwest.

Roth/Lamers

Graphics available at www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basicwx/basicwx_ndfd.php

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes
Safe travels, you're getting a lot of shxx but I've been enjoying reading about your journey so keep it up.

8am sitting in a bar in Craig MT on the Upper Missouri amidst possibly the best trout fishing in the World. Town is packed w “ahem”,.... White men who hunt and fish and got trucks and boats. Birdwatcher rolls in on a bicycle, really reminded me of this, ‘cept the last fight I was in was like thirty-five years ago, pretty sure I lost, and I ain’t seen any Chinamen in the street (diff’rent story in Yellowstone NP I’m sure).... grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 18 of 49 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

275 members (1minute, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 219 Wasp, 42 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,587
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.