Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Morewood
I also voted for Perot and would do it again.

Morewood, I read your intro and I was impressed.

That has evaporated, however, as you appear to be a dumbass.

Why would you vote for a dead man?

Is Morewood from Illinois? That would explain that.

P

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by milespatton
Voting republican no matter what is why we keep getting George Bushes. If the sobs don’t run the best candidate, I ain’t voting for em.

So, if I understand you correctly, if you had been a Ted Cruz man, when Trump got the GOP nomination, you would have abstained from voting even if it meant Hillary would win? crazy miles

No. I voted for Trump. Even though he ran Republican, he is an outsider. I was concerned about having a reality show host running the country, but so far, i'm pleased with his performance.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We all know that Perot got Clinton elected. I'm still wondering, though, whether he ran just for that purpose or if he really thought he could win.
Our system is set up for 2 parties and it's virtually impossible for a 3d party to win.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We all know that Perot got Clinton elected. I'm still wondering, though, whether he ran just for that purpose or if he really though he could win.
Our system is set up for 2 parties and THEY damn sure aren't going to allow a 3d party to win.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood
A c+p comment from another website paraphrased below. Pretty much nailed it.

CharterOakie says:

July 9, 2019 at 10:55 pm

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

Heartfelt condolences to the Perot family and closest friends.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."

interesting. This guy was a NeverBusher. That's fine. The fact that he got his panties in a wad over GHWB and clan attacking Perot, but could care less that Perot (and Buchanan) went after GHWB is OK? He doesn't think that a super strong personality like H. Ross Perot didn't piss off countless people in his career and that Perot made as many enemies as friends? That's life in politics.

Let's say Perot was elected President and not Clinton or Bush. What would have been the outcome? The outcome that would see Perot trying to "clean out the barn", as he would as being the absolute power and authority at EDS would have been disaster. George Mitchell, Ted Kennedy, and Tom Foley would have stonewalled everything Perot wanted to do, much in the same manner we see Pelosi/Schumer obstructing Trump today. The MSMS would have quicklyjumped on Perot by claiming "He's ill equipped for the political arena. Can't cut a deal. Too radical. Out of touch with Washington." Nobody thinkgs the Deep State wasn't all powerful in those days? Better look again.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We all know that Perot got Clinton elected. I'm still wondering, though, whether he ran just for that purpose or if he really though he could win.
Our system is set up for 2 parties and THEY damn sure aren't going to allow a 3d party to win.

It's our electoral college that keeps a 3d party from winning. Perot pulled a lot of votes but not a single EC vote. The last 3d party candidate to win any EC votes was George Wallace who won his own state but no others. The EC is one of the really great things in our constitution but it does limit us to 2 parties.
The most any 3d party could accomplish is to keep a major party from winning a majority and throw it into the house. That would almost guarantee a Republican will win no matter which party controls it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The Electoral College is the only thing allowing the states to matter. Otherwise only the larger population states would rule the vote. So if you’re happy to live with a president selected by NY, CALIFORNIA, Florida, Texas etc. then get rid of it.
Ross Perot was was a great man but he made great mistakes. He was a vindictive little cluck that changed the country in ways unimaginable back then.
GHWB made a huge mistake trusting the Democrats with their$.50 gas tax. Any idiot would have known they’d use it against him. Reagan made the same mistake in 86. by trusting them with immigration. That forever changed California to democrat.

You can’t vote so much ideology as it will always fail. You have to make a cold clear look at the candidates you are presented with and choose wisely. Perot never intended to win. That’s why he cut and ran. He got what he wanted and we got the shaft.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The ones that voted for Perot are no smarter today than when they cast that vote. Anytime you split the vote you cause problems.
Our system is not designed for 3 parties.
Perot qualifications really don’t matter , his running elected Clinton and all the heart ache that came with him. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No small wonder we're in the mess we're in, given the asinine comments here...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
No small wonder we're in the mess we're in, given the asinine comments here...

Agree ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,832
Posts18,477,994
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.