Hop To
Page 46 of 79 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 78 79
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by jaguartx

The agenda is to destroy the only nation dedicated to God by inculcating in peoples minds that we are nothing more than pissants and rats and there is no reason for morals and that animalistic behavior and pedophelia are A OK. IOW, the agenda is to follow the satan they deny the existence of.

The God in Numbers via Moses certainly seems to not condemn pedophelia.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:1-18

Moab and Midian are the same confederate nation. Num.22:4
Their women seduced Israelite men and brought a judgment upon themselves. Num.25
As a result God called for their destruction since they were bent on destroying Israel by using sex to introduce them to false worship.
But again all the nations were given warning ahead of time that they could make peace with Israel otherwise God would destroy them for their sin which had reached its fullness.
Midian chose the path of seduction and depravity and reaped the promised judgment that they were forewarned about.
The females below puberty were spared. Those who were spared were always given the option of following Jehovah and being included in the Jewish festivals.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/09/19.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Pedophilia was condemned in the family. Sparing their lives does not equate to pedophilia.
Leviticus 18:7–16; Leviticus 20:11–21

They were not allowed to lie with women who had not converted to Judaism.
Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
However, if you want to discuss judeo christian myths, Modern Biblical Scholars agree The Exodus belongs at the top of the list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus#The_Exodus_as_myth

There is an almost universal consensus among scholars that the Exodus story is best understood as myth;[38] more specifically, it is a "charter" (or foundation) myth, a story told to explain a society's origins and to provide the ideological foundation for its culture and institutions.[1] While some continue to discuss the potential historicity or plausibility of the Exodus story, the overwhelming majority have abandoned it as "a fruitless pursuit" (Dever, 2001).[39][40] There is no indication that the Israelites ever lived in Ancient Egypt, and the Sinai Peninsula shows no sign of any occupation for the entire 2nd millennium BCE (even Kadesh-Barnea, where the Israelites are said to have spent 38 years, was uninhabited prior to the establishment of the Israelite monarchy).[41] In contrast to the absence of evidence for the Egyptian captivity and wilderness wanderings, there are ample signs of Israel's evolution within Canaan from native Canaanite roots.[42][43]. The modern scholarly consensus is that the figure of Moses is a mythical figure,[44] and while, as William G. Dever writes, "a Moses-like figure may have existed somewhere in the southern Transjordan in the mid-late 13th century B.C.", archaeology cannot confirm his existence. [39]

When I read things like this I wonder about the level of scholarship employed.

The Proto-Sinaitic script was the first alphabetic writing system and developed sometime between about 1900 and 1700 BC. People speaking a Semitic language and living in Egypt and Sinai adapted the Egyptian hieroglyphic or hieratic scripts to write their language using the acrophonic principle. This invovled choosing about 30 glyphs, translating their Egyptian names into the Semitic language, and using the initial sounds of those names to represent the sounds of their language.

For example, the Egyptian nt (water) became mem in Semitic and represents the sound /m/, and eventually developed into the Latin letter M.

Inscriptions in Proto-Sinaitic have been found at Serabit el-Khadim (سرابيت الخادم) a mountain in Sinai and at a temple for the Egyptian goddess Hathor (ḥwt-ḥr) that is located there. The script was partially deciphered by Alan Gardiner in 1916. Inscriptions very similar to those found at Serabit el-Khadim have been found at Wadi el-Hol (وادي الهول).

https://www.omniglot.com/writing/protosinaitc.htm

When we have very specific archaeological evidence which proves the presence of Semitic people in Eqypt and that this proto Sinaitc script was the basis of the Hebrew alphabet, it leads me to conclude that liberal scholarship is based largely on prejudice. While the level of scholarship in the Wikipedia can be good at times, its always best to check it against other sources. I guess we need to ask how the Semites in Eqypt got to Canaan and spread their language around without ever making an exodus.
[/quote]

Your thinking is way to linear. Keep in mind, Arabs are also "a Semitic people" as where the Phoneticians Assyrians, Akkadian, Eblaite, Hyskos (who were also know to inhabit Egypt), and Amharics, who reside as far south as Ethiopia. Semitic is not synonymous with the Jewish people.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Pedophilia was always condemned.

32,000 virgin Midianite girls. I wonder what their ages where and what the Israelites did with them.....after all, they killed everyone else.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Name one formally organized atheistic nation that was beneficent.

Do you believe in the existence of any gods other than the Christian God?

Avoiding the pertinent question?
The Bible looks at the idolatrous forms of gods on one hand as nothing, but on the other hand as living demons which stand behind those representations--so the
idols are nothing but their demons are real.

I didn't ask what the bible says.

I asked what do YOU believe?

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Your thinking is way to linear. Keep in mind, Arabs are also "a Semitic people" as where the Phoneticians Assyrians, Akkadian, Eblaite, Hyskos (who were also know to inhabit Egypt), and Amharics, who reside as far south as Ethiopia. Semitic is not synonymous with the Jewish people.

Missing the point my friend--the proto Sinaitc script was the basis of the Hebrew alphabet i.e. the Jews which then became the basis of other alphabets. There is no evidence of those other groups in Eqypt developing an alphabet while they were servant slaves.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Name one formally organized atheistic nation that was beneficent.

Do you believe in the existence of any gods other than the Christian God?

Avoiding the pertinent question?
The Bible looks at the idolatrous forms of gods on one hand as nothing, but on the other hand as living demons which stand behind those representations--so the
idols are nothing but their demons are real.

I didn't ask what the bible says.

I asked what do YOU believe?

what the bible says .. nor did you answer my question. Is there a reason?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

32,000 virgin Midianite girls. I wonder what their ages where and what the Israelites did with them.....after all, they killed everyone else.

servants--see previous post above--they could not have relationships with heathens.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Missing the point my friend--the proto Sinaitc script was the basis of the Hebrew alphabet i.e. the Jews which then became the basis of other alphabets. There is no evidence of those other groups in Eqypt developing an alphabet while they were servant slaves.

Actually, paleo-Hebrew was adopted from Phonetician, much like the Greek alphabet was also adopted from Phonetician.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

servants--see previous post above--they could not have relationships with heathens.

Servants.....biblical slang for slaves....as in sex slaves...

And Judah had no problem taking a Heathen woman:

Genesis
38:1 And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah.

38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.

At about that time [1], Judah had a sex with a Canaanite woman (the daughter of Shuah), which resulted in three sons, Er, Onan, and Shelah.

38:3 And she conceived, and bare a son; and he called his name Er.

38:4 And she conceived again, and bare a son; and she called his name Onan.

38:5 And she yet again conceived, and bare a son; and called his name Shelah: and he was at Chezib, when she bare him.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/09/19.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
And here's directions from God on what to do with that HOT captive:

21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,

21:11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife

21:12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;

21:13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Serious?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Actually, paleo-Hebrew was adopted from Phonetician, much like the Greek alphabet was also adopted from Phonetician.

That's what most people used to believe but now its been proven that the Phoenicians borrowed. Even Britainnica records this now.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The agenda is to destroy the only nation dedicated to God by inculcating in peoples minds that we are nothing more than pissants and rats and there is no reason for morals and that animalistic behavior and pedophelia are A OK. IOW, the agenda is to follow the satan they deny the existence of.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites ... And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males ... And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones ... And Moses was wroth with the officers ... And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. Numbers 31:1-18

Their women seduced Israelite men and brought a judgment upon themselves. Num.25
As a result God called for their destruction since they were bent on destroying Israel by using sex to introduce them to false worship.
But again all the nations were given warning ahead of time that they could make peace with Israel otherwise God would destroy them for their sin which had reached its fullness.
Midian chose the path of seduction and depravity and reaped the promised judgment that they were forewarned about.
The females below puberty were spared. Those who were spared were always given the option of following Jehovah and being included in the Jewish festivals.

You should take a few minutes to contemplate what you are actually saying.

Moses told them to keep the 32,000 Virgins alive, but kill everyone else.

So how many people did they murder? 150,000? 250,000?....and for what, a few young men did what young men do, so they killed everyone but kept all those wicked virgins for themselves?

But you don't see this as an atrocity?

Really?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And here's directions from God on what to do with that HOT captive:

21:10 When thou goest forth to war against thine enemies, and the LORD thy God hath delivered them into thine hands, and thou hast taken them captive,

21:11 And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife

21:12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;

21:13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

Which means as a wife she had the privileges of a Jewess.
Again I remind you that these laws are only relevant to the Jews. As Gentile Christian's we have never practiced this. All your points are irrelevant to our times. You however are making sweeping statements about Judaism who still considers their laws to be in effect.

Additionally you fa to recognize that whatever charge you make against Judaism is multiplied against ancient paganism.

Furthermore no one has answered if the I discriminate bombing of Germany and Japan on a larger scale was moral. You are not engaging in honest discussion.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Genesis
38:1 And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah.

38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went in unto her.

At about that time [1], Judah had a sex with a Canaanite woman (the daughter of Shuah), which resulted in three sons, Er, Onan, and Shelah.

38:5 And she yet again conceived, and bare a son; and called his name Shelah: and he was at Chezib, when she bare him.

The law was not given yet nor was this condoned. Another irrelevant example to the point you are trying to make. A skeptic tries to critique the Bible without having sufficient Bible knowledge or understanding to do so.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Genesis

Please substantiate where servant means sex slave.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pedophilia was condemned in the family. Sparing their lives does not equate to pedophilia.
Leviticus 18:7–16; Leviticus 20:11–21

Spoils of war were considered family?

Yes, sparing their lives does not equate to pedophilia, but the point was, that it was not forbidden either.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

You should take a few minutes to contemplate what you are actually saying.

Moses told them to keep the 32,000 Virgins alive, but kill everyone else.

So how many people did they murder? 150,000? 250,000?....and for what, a few young men did what young men do, so they killed everyone but kept all those wicked virgins for themselves?

But you don't see this as an atrocity?

Really?

No it was not under those times and conditions. What about the bombing of Germany and Japan don't you see a contemporary atrocity?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Whosoever leads one of these little ones astray....... whistle

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 46 of 79 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,354 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,412
Posts18,528,173
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.