Page 50 of 79 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 78 79
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
Originally Posted by DBT

By what moral law that was in effect. The inability to grasp the simple logic of ancient times is mind boggling.

What you fail to consider is that we are not discussing ''the moral law in effect'' as displayed by the people in that time and place, but the moral values of God as described in the bible, especially the dichotomy between the new testament version of god and the war god of the tribe of Israel, Yahweh. That is the contradiction.

Putting this simply--there is no atrocity unless there is a moral standard of judgment. There is no contradiction between the Testaments because the Old prophesied about the New. There is no contradiction when change is prophesied and then implemented. What these last few pages represent is that the skeptics were not able to make any compelling points on this thread for their positions and this is their last stand/holdout. You know or should know by now that if you lose this argument you have no more blanks to fire. Skepticism by its very nature is logically indefensible because the best it can do is speculate on probability, attack the leading evidence against their case, and avoid offering anything of moral substance for others to critique.

You are dead wrong on everything you have posted. And too blind to understand.

Moses:
DEUTERONOMY 2:34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them – men, women and children. We left no survivors.
DEUTERONOMY 3:6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city – men, women and children.

There sits the heart of the matter. Like a festering boil.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by carbon12
So are you acknowledging that you are good at mucking things up?

Going ad hominem?

No, it is asking for honesty in realizing that mankind is good at mucking things up and has a history of doing so. God does not always intervene to shield us from the circumstances of our choices when that happens, but He always has a way to see that His ultimate ends are accomplished.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
God does not always intervene to shield us from the circumstances of our choices.

When has God ever intervened?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
[/quote]

It was also a Spanish Inquisition thing where other religions such as the Jews were forced to convert to Christianity. So from the early 4th Century up to the early 1500's other religions were persecuted by Christians. [/quote]
No, there was persecution long after that. You do realize these times were harsh, particularly for those not of noble stature. And the nobles and the "church" was often totally corrupt, liars and hypocrites, and ruthless.

America became the host for all kinds of refugee's from religious persecution both long before the Revolutionary War establishing America and after.

Now we again see the evidences of Christian persecution.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
God does not always intervene to shield us from the circumstances of our choices.

POTUS Election, 2016.

He interviened for those with ears when He said, "....Hear this, O foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear. "

Your kind roars like the mighty ocean which can not breach the sandy beach.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/10/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jaguartx

POTUS Election, 2016.

He interviened for those with ears when He said, "....Hear this, O foolish and senseless people, who have eyes but do not see, who have ears but do not hear. "

So you are claiming that supernatural monkey wrenching was necessary for a Trump presidency?

Now that is a sure sign of low T.

Write yourself an extra large script and get er done, Eyeball.

Last edited by carbon12; 07/10/19. Reason: uuuuuurp
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Says a popcorn fart in the wind.

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Says a popcorn fart in the wind.

Arn't we all?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Speak for yourself. One mans meat is anothers poison...
Themen will become as women. Good will become evil. Israel will regain their homeland and become a nation. The Temple will be rebuilt. Their enemies will try to drive them into the sea. They will be carried to safety as if by the wings of an eagle.

Popgun farts are deaf and blind with scales on their eyes, yet they would tell me 2 and 2 make 3.

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Speak for yourself. One mans meat is anothers poison...
Themen will become as women. Good will become evil. Israel will regain their homeland and become a nation. The Temple will be rebuilt. Their enemies will try to drive them into the sea. They will be carried to safety as if by the wings of an eagle.

Popgun farts are deaf and blind with scales on their eyes, yet they would tell me 2 and 2 make 3.

Must be 5 O'clock somewhere.

Can always tell. That is when the name calling and insults start.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I used to be blind too, so i have been where you still are. Ive seen both sides of the coin, as have many others on the Fire.

Who are you to call us liars, we who have walked in the dark and the light?

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/10/19.

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Moses:
DEUTERONOMY 2:34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them – men, women and children. We left no survivors.
DEUTERONOMY 3:6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city – men, women and children.

[/quote]

this is an illustration of the point that so many who walk among us can't or won't understand.

there was a complete shift in the god of the old testament versus the god of the new testament.

it's been forever difficult to fuse the old testament to the new testament.

when god failed in his implementation of rules in the old testament, he re-invented himself and began a new tact in the new testament.

but we can tell the tale anyway we wish, or grew up to believe in. and now the muslims are adding their version of the story to the cosmos.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I used to be blind too, so i have been where you still are. Ive seen both sides of the coin, as have many others on the Fire.

Then peace be with you, bro.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

POTUS Election, 2016.

So you are claiming that supernatural monkey wrenching was necessary for a Trump presidency?

Now that is a sure sign of low T.

Write yourself an extra large script and get er done, Eyeball.

lol. i ain't heert tell of that phrase in a coon's age. monkey wrenching lives on! just watch out for the carbide teeth flying through the roof! lol.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Moses:

this is an illustration of the point that so many who walk among us can't or won't understand.

there was a complete shift in the god of the old testament versus the god of the new testament.

it's been forever difficult to fuse the old testament to the new testament.

when god failed in his implementation of rules in the old testament, he re-invented himself and began a new tact in the new testament.

but we can tell the tale anyway we wish, or grew up to believe in. and now the muslims are adding their version of the story to the cosmos.
[/quote]

As I tried to point out Thomas Jefferson had the same problems with the Bible, yet he still believed in God, the Creator.

"Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him (i.e. Jesus) by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being."
Source: Letter of Thomas Jefferson to William Short, April 13, 1820.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Bowsinger posted:
"Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him (i.e. Jesus) by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being."

---------------

And speaking of contradictions, Thomas Jefferson penned "all men are created equal" but kept many slaves until the day he died.

Mr. Contradiction also wrote about personal liberty:
"Under the law of nature, all men are born free, every one comes into the world with a right to his own person, which includes the liberty of moving and using it at his own will."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As I tried to point out Thomas Jefferson had the same problems with the Bible, yet he still believed in God, the Creator.

Neither God nor we are obligated to provide answers that suit your preferences nor do we recognize a need for any further reconciliation. The truth does not need to be palatable to liberals, it only needs to be true. Unless you are omniscient you cannot possibly judge a cosmic plan that none of us can fully comprehend with our finite minds. As to Jefferson, while I respect him in many ways, his thoughts on the Bible were in the minority among the founders--which is why his Bible is nothing more than a museum relic and the real one is read all over the world without a knowledge that pen-knifed personalized Jeffersonian version exists that carries no authority.

p.s. In cutting with a pen knife how does one exactly know which portions to cut so that both sides of the page are infallibly corrected--unless a person has an infallible mind and possesses what he says does not exist in the Bible.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 07/10/19.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

Bowsinger posted:

---------------

And speaking of contradictions, Thomas Jefferson penned "all men are created equal" but kept many slaves until the day he died.

Mr. Contradiction also wrote about personal liberty:
"Under the law of nature, all men are born free, every one comes into the world with a right to his own person, which includes the liberty of moving and using it at his own will."

Did Jefferson claim perfection?

Making a contradiction comparison of Jefferson v.s. God (who does claim perfection) is silly at best.

Did you fail to see your Straw Man logic fallacy?

Last edited by carbon12; 07/10/19. Reason: uuuurp
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Neither God nor we are obligated to provide answers that suit your preferences nor do we recognize a need for any further reconciliation. The truth does not need to be palatable to liberals, it only needs to be true. Unless you are omniscient you cannot possibly judge a cosmic plan that none of us can fully comprehend with our finite minds. As to Jefferson, while I respect him in many ways, his thoughts on the Bible were in the minority among the founders--which is why his Bible is nothing more than a museum relic and the real one is read all over the world without a knowledge that pen-knifed personalized Jeffersonian version exists that carries no authority.

p.s. In cutting with a pen knife how does one exactly know which portions to cut so that both sides of the page are infallibly corrected--unless a person has an infallible mind and possesses what he says does not exist in the Bible.

You are obligated to provide answers that suit our preferences if you want to convince us of the correctness of your position. Otherwise, why are you here wasting time?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Furthermore Thomas Jefferson's butcher job on the Bible did not resolve any alleged contradictions between the morals of the Old Testament and the morals of Jesus Christ. In that sense the Bible that he created is worthless.

Page 50 of 79 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 38 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,329
Posts18,526,651
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.