Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by jaguartx
You aint seen nothin yet. wink

Give it your best shot.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can hardly wait for you guys to get to this part of the bible.

"It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it (i.e. the Book of Revelations), and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherence of our own nightly dreams."
Source: Letter of Thomas Jefferson to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Book of LIFe has already been written and filled with the names that shall appear.
hence the fate of the saved and unsaved are pre-ordained / already decided.

Yet the likes of JagX and TF49 continue futile attempts to offer hope and save people from a fate in a burning hell.

Maybe they will explain What special deal or arrangement they have with God that will force his hand
to [edit] add to the contents of the Book of Life..?

I have requested jAg tell the CF on what page # his name appears, apparently he has not seen his name listed
nor can he provide any supportive evidence.

All we have so far is hot gospelling salesmsanship from a pair of God botherers.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT

You aint seen nothin yet. wink

Give it your best shot.

I dont have to shoot anything.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
You cannot use Jesus words as standard of measure unless we understand that they are the words of Jesus. Either you accept Jesus Words and the OT record both as reliable accounts or you have no case at all to discern. You can't say you believe in Jesus moral standard if you don't even believe in Jesus or His words.

If you believe in neither testament than what is your moral standard that we are going to use to judge?

The words we have are not the words of Jesus.

What we have is the words of Authors writing under the names of Mark, Luke, Matthew, Pauls' letters, etc....and the words quite obviously say what they say and mean what they mean.

One more time;

God is love. - 1 John 4:8

1 Corinthians 13; Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.''

1 John 4:7-8; Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Now, once again - these are not my words, they are not my definitions. It has nothing to do with me.

Nor are these the words of Jesus. The words are written decades after the death of Jesus the charismatic Rabbi upon whom the legend was built.

He is love, but He is also jealous, and He is also just. You make the choice to live in the law or out of it.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
The Book of LIFe has already been written and filled with the names that shall appear. hence the fate of the saved and unsaved are pre-ordained / already decided..

So let's drink and chase women 'cuz it don't matter anyway? Never could figure that one out.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Starman
The Book of LIFe has already been written and filled with the names that shall appear.
hence the fate of the saved and unsaved are pre-ordained / already decided.

Yet the likes of JagX and TF49 continue attempts to offer hope and save people from a fate in a burning hell.

Maybe they will explain What special deal or arrangement they have with God that will force his hand
to [edit] add to the contents of the Book of Life..?

I have requested jAg tell the CF on what page # his name appears, apparently he has not seen his name listed
nor can he provide any supportive evidence.

So, He knew you before you were born and what you would choose. Pretty smart, huh? He knew what Cain would do.

Those who wrote our laws loved people too and wanted civil society. Some choose to kill. Their being hung does not mean the lawmen hate them.

Thats too difficult for some to grasp.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So, He knew you before you were born and what you would choose. Pretty smart, huh? He knew what Cain would do.

If you believe your God , then he planned it all...Adams fall , Cains murder of his righteous brother
and the betrayal by Judas.

All the evil in this world is made possible by God that gave Satan divinely ordained position and power over people.
God calls on Satan like a hired and trusted mercenary.

What God tells Satan to do, is dutifully done by Satan...in fact he is a much more loyal and reliable servant to God
than you be...God cannot trust earthly transgressors, they fail him endlessly.

Everything that God does is deemed as good, surely that must include Satan and his purpose.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

He is love, but He is also jealous, and He is also just. You make the choice to live in the law or out of it.

Sorry, but that's not what the bible tells us;

"God is love." - 1 John 4:8
"Love is not jealous." - 1 Corinthians 13:4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huh? The bible says you have no free will?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
could God risk Adam not eating the forbidden fruit, or Judas not betraying Jesus?

In order to fulfill Gods will and plan , Adam must eat the fruit and Judas must betray Jesus,
there are no other permissible options.

If they didn't do things exactly according to Gods pre-written script they would not get their part
in the movie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weak.

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So DBT
If you have don't believe the Words of Jesus as recorded are a reliable record then we can't make a comparative analysis as we might be dealing with a skewed record.
Additionally you have not provided your personal moral code that you believe in. If you have no moral code then you are not a moral person. If you are not a moral person you are not qualified to make any moral analysis or draw any moral conclusions.

I am calling you out .... what is the moral code that you subscribe to, and where can I find it to read it?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Huh? The bible says you have no free will?

You need to brush up on the nature and mechanisms of the decision making process.....if by 'free will' you mean our ability to make decisions. It's not as straightforward as you appear to think, given your simplistic remark.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Weak.

No.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Weak.

No.

Yes. Talk about simplistic.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Weak.

So Adam and Judas could have altered Gods pre-ordained plans by deciding otherwise?...

How is it possible a couple of transgressors could have put a spanner in Gods works?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Weak.

No.

Yes. Talk about simplistic.

Never mind the remark I responded to in kind. wink

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
So DBT
If you have don't believe the Words of Jesus as recorded are a reliable record then we can't make a comparative analysis as we might be dealing with a skewed record.
Additionally you have not provided your personal moral code that you believe in. If you have no moral code then you are not a moral person. If you are not a moral person you are not qualified to make any moral analysis or draw any moral conclusions.

I am calling you out .... what is the moral code that you subscribe to, and where can I find it to read it?

That's not what I said. Please go back, read more carefully and try again.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
DBT
It doesn't matter what you did or did not say ... I have more moral analysis to offer between the Old Testament and the New Testament and will discuss that with a person who has a moral code.

Again I am calling you out. What is your moral code? Without that you are not a moral person and having further discussion with you on this would be moral folly. Why I would try to reach a moral understanding with an amoral or immoral person?

Page 53 of 79 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (29aholic, 308xray, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 2500HD, 300_savage, 27 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 974 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,186
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.