Hop To
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Does anyone here REALLY care how other folks spend their money?

I sure don't.

Is there anyone who regularly participates on this site, other than Mule Deer, who is an opinion leader and just by his words, can change people's minds about a product or service?

None that I'm aware of.

I don't think anyone here, including John, has the power to change a lot of minds. Dollars drive things.

A cynic would say Leupold doesn't care.

Someone with a hopeful view might say that Leupold came here to take a reading on the market share. Is 24 Hr Campfire representative of the scope buying public? I suppose the Leupold MBAs will add the comments from from here into the info pile to see if a change is warranted.

Marketing is very sophisticated and there is a lot of consumer data available to make marketing, product, and sales decisions with. I would suspect that 24HCF members account for a fraction of 1% of the scope buying universe and although negative aspects that have been pointed out to Leupold may be 100% valid, we are too small of a market share to drive change. Even 35 years ago, before the internet, Philip Morris had consumer data down to the neighborhood level that the marketing and sales people used to push different brands and styles of cigarettes. Marketing 101, incremental shelf space, dictates that you expand your brand options and push your competitors' products off the shelf or at least to a less desirable place on the shelf. Winston and Salem just didn't die, Marlboro killed them, metaphorically speaking of course.

I think that you're wrong about John's opinion not counting for much. One person's opinion can make a difference. In shooting sports, JOC made the 270 and Layne Simpson saved the 7mm-08.

I'm sure that Leupold has their share of bean counters on staff. smile I doubt 24 Hr Campfire accounts for much, but it's all part of the information gathering. Given the poor presentation made by Leupold, it seems that they don't believe 24 Hr Campfire has anything relevant to say. It didn't appear that they put the A Team on for their presentation.

WRT John, I am sure everyone here appreciates what he has to say, but I believe he has a greater influence on readers of the magazines where he's featured. That would be sheer number of Handloader readers for example, as opposed to the number of Campfire readers.

I agree that John's published articles reach a much larger audience than do his posts on this site, but I think that if John came out strongly in favor of some new product, people on this site would take notice.

I consider myself to be an expert in the things that I do and am mostly indifferent to the things that others do as long as those things don't directly impact me in a negative manner. I'm happy to share my experiences, but whether people agree or disagree, I could care less.

I thought of another couple of opinion leaders, Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton in the handgun universe.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Sorry, but MuleDeer ‘s posts do not influence my spending.

And you count for a fraction of a percent, so anything that you do is statistically irrelevant

Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by GregW
The most interesting thing is seeing the folks that unapologetically are still defending Leupold after that joke of a presentation. Their attitude and condescending tone was embarrassing. Anyone associated with that presentation should be embarrassed.

Brand loyalty makes lots of folks blind to reality. Elmer Fudds like Redgewell are exactly who they are marketing too...

Funny thing is Leupold seems to be trying to market more to the flatbrim crowd with their presentation. Suppose they figure the Fudds are already locked down....but they aren't helping themselves in that department either, by discontinuing gloss scopes, some of the fixed powers, and redesigning their scopes to look more tacticool than streamlined and classic.

Trying to fit in with the cool kids with products the cool kids don't want because the products don't work correctly, while losing out on the old timers by discontinuing the products they use, all from a site that looks like it was designed for a suburban house wife's cooking blog. Not sure what Leupold's deal is these days.

Agreed. Also, the flat brim hat wearing, man bun crowd doesn't have any money compared to those who they should be catering to. Anyone who is half way in touch with the hunting community is obviously absent from Leupold's organization, or they wouldn't have let those two clowns represent the company. It was way embarrassing.

Another snowflake that got their feelers hurt cause Leopold’s marketing doesn’t cater to their appearance. Your life must be terrible son

The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, MT
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
JG is no snowflake. Have to call ya on that one.

I think those guys represent Leupold very well, culturally and in every way.

What you see is what you get.

DF

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

I am just making the same quick judgement that he did to those Leopold folks. He’s a special snowflake. “Show me on the doll where Leopold hurt you”

The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, MT
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HunterT

DF

I am just making the same quick judgement that he did to those Leopold folks. He’s a special snowflake. “Show me on the doll where Leopold hurt you”

That’s an easy one Doc...Everyone points to their wallet. 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Marketing is very sophisticated and there is a lot of consumer data available to make marketing, product, and sales decisions with. I would suspect that 24HCF members account for a fraction of 1% of the scope buying universe and although negative aspects that have been pointed out to Leupold may be 100% valid, we are too small of a market share to drive change.

I would guess this is the situation we're dealing with. There may not be enough people who demand precision and reliability in tracking and zero retention for Leupold to pay serious attention.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Sorry, but MuleDeer ‘s posts do not influence my spending.

And you count for a fraction of a percent, so anything that you do is statistically irrelevant

Same as you .any more ground breaking news?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

DF

10 posts and you’re spreading [bleep] like a ‘stick wanabee?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

DF

Nah,,,

He's no Stick... wink

DF

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I agree that John's published articles reach a much larger audience than do his posts on this site, but I think that if John came out strongly in favor of some new product, people on this site would take notice.

I consider myself to be an expert in the things that I do and am mostly indifferent to the things that others do as long as those things don't directly impact me in a negative manner. I'm happy to share my experiences, but whether people agree or disagree, I could care less.

I thought of another couple of opinion leaders, Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton in the handgun universe.

I think John is wise to stay away from topics like this. smile You have 3 sides. The pro and anti Leupold people, and a third, 'I'm just here to stir the pot' group.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by AKwolverine

DF

Is this how you welcome new members? No wonder all the experts live on snipers hide rather than here

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
New guys who come in hot often get a certain kind of welcome.

Originally Posted by mathman

If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen son

Just curious since I'm also a new 'guy'. Is Post count a method of identifying who is most knowledgeable around here? Or, do we just learn who is full of noise by hanging around long enough, and learn how actually knows stuff. Or, does post count just tell me who talks the most?

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
JG was the next to the last (Jud grin) Leupold holdout. He gave them more than a fair chance.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Is this how you welcome new members? No wonder all the experts live on snipers hide rather than here.

Originally Posted by Huntress1956
Just curious since I'm also a new 'guy'. Is Post count a method of identifying who is most knowledgeable around here? Or, do we just learn who is full of noise by hanging around long enough, and learn how actually knows stuff. Or, does post count just tell me who talks the most?

Don't sweat it. You are new to 24 hr CF, and don't agree with one or more of the posters. They read your posts, puffed out their chests and started spouting off. Fealty is to be paid! smile

Don't let them bother you. You can even have fun with them. Wanna bet that one or more of the afflicted won't be able to resist replying to this, even though I didn't name names? grin

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Not the point.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The idiot and troll detector amongst 24 HCF members is pretty strong, and accurate.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.

Not the point.

Who would have thought that the dork with over 30,000 posts could find a sarcastic comment and then feel the need to reply?

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 338Rules, 6MMWASP, AlanF, 11 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 844 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,083
Posts18,501,663
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.