Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Anybody using one of these care to briefly review its pros and cons? Interested in what owners think after spending some time with one.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Steaming pieces of fhuqking schit,on their BEST days.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
You mean the Freedom rimfire? They have a couple fixed focus models and one adjustable objective in that line

Buddy has the 3-9x fixed and says its ok.

I bought the adj obj model. It has a cylinder type eyepiece and does not look good on a reg rifle. Also there was an odd distortion around outer edge. Not sure what that is. Looked at a reg freedom 3-9x and it had it too....but to leaser amount.

Mine dialed in easy. Didnt wander. And the adj obj seemed close enough.

Usable but not as good as hoped

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My CZ 455 now wears my old VX1 2-7x.
The Freedom 3-9x EFR is back in its box.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by hookeye
You mean the Freedom rimfire? They have a couple fixed focus models and one adjustable objective in that line

I bought the adj obj model. It has a cylinder type eyepiece and does not look good on a reg rifle. Also there was an odd distortion around outer edge. Not sure what that is. Looked at a reg freedom 3-9x and it had it too....but to leaser amount.

I've got a Freedom 3-9 fixed, and I think I can see better thru a Simmons .22 Mag, if that tells you anything. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, for any reason. I took it off and put the Simmons back on the rifle.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by hookeye

I've got a Freedom 3-9 fixed, and I think I can see better thru a Simmons .22 Mag, if that tells you anything. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, for any reason. I took it off and put the Simmons back on the rifle.

Wow. Phugging Simmons beats the Leupy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
After Leupold insulted all the members of this forum who had issues with Leupold scopes, I can no longer support Leupold.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulBurnedHard,

Reupold mechanics are what fhuqking suck,but your VERY Tender Feelings are HILARIOUS! Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks for the replies. Think I’ll steer clear and get another Weaver RV9.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do it this way. What's your budget? What's the application? What is the platform?

Hint..............

R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Ruger American Rimfire, stainless synthetic, 17HMR.

Small game hunting and target shooting. 125 yards max.

$200-$300

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SWFA 6x MQ...SampleList Style. Hint.

[Linked Image]

You get to adjust parallax to the 10yd line,something that will REALLY hold zero,track amazingly and will open windows of opportunity that you never even knew existed. Throw a set of their 30mm Lows in the cart,order a Bob(DIP) 25MOA 1913 extended rail and you are there.

[Linked Image]

Throw the fhuqking Trigger Lever off a fhuqking cliff and you just got a "custom" trigger in the bitch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re-spring if you want,while you are there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

NOBODY is tough enough,to not to shoot said platform wayyyyyyyyyyy beyond the 125yd line. I zero at 125yds,which is .2" high at 50yds. .6" high at 100yds and the reticle will take it to the 500yd line,in Today's atmosphere. CCI 17's at 2630fps and the assigned sight height.

Thank me later.

Hint.................

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Hint..............

How do you find time to shoot all your rifles and still be on the Fire at all hours pissing and moaning? Give us all a break and get lost , jerk!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Snatch,

I am no fun to keep pace with. Congratulations?!?

Pardon Facts and Physics so reliably upsetting your VERY Tender Feelings,as you do your Melting Snowflake Routine,which is assuredly no fhuqking "act"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your hesrtfor Crying.

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In fairness however,you'll end up wanting a stock. Hint.

Boyds does it best,for the jingle.

[Linked Image]

Just saying.

[Linked Image]

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Bless your heart for Whining though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
That really lines everything up. Think I’ll give it a whirl. Thanks

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ring3
Ruger American Rimfire, stainless synthetic, 17HMR.

Small game hunting and target shooting. 125 yards max.

$200-$300

I use a Burris Fullfield II 3-9X on my .17HMR. It has the Ballistic Plex reticle, which works perfectly out to 300 yards, where the HMR has run out of gas anyway. They usually run $200 or thereabouts. I've hit prairie dogs with the first shot at 250 yards, using that reticle. It sorta fits in your price range, though they don't come in "white". It would match the stock, of course.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
ring3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Got an older FF II on a rifle I don’t shoot anymore. Had not considered it for this application. May try it out on the RAR. Thanks Rats. Wish we had prairie dogs and the rabbits the guys out west have so much fun hunting. Here it’s ground hogs and crows. Ground hogs aren’t as plentiful as years past.

Was waiting for the SWFA Christmas special to get a SS 6X. Stick’s heads up on the “demo” good info I’m going to use. Other instructions provided look easy enough too. I’m no gunsmith but think I can manage them.

Thinking about what to put on this rifle I was focused on small, light, rimfire scopes. Really like my Weaver RV9 and planned on another. Now I think I’ll try some of these ideas first.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SWFA 6x MQ...SampleList Style. Hint.

[Linked Image]

You get to adjust parallax to the 10yd line,something that will REALLY hold zero,track amazingly and will open windows of opportunity that you never even knew existed. Throw a set of their 30mm Lows in the cart,order a Bob(DIP) 25MOA 1913 extended rail and you are there.

[Linked Image]

Throw the fhuqking Trigger Lever off a fhuqking cliff and you just got a "custom" trigger in the bitch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re-spring if you want,while you are there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

NOBODY is tough enough,to not to shoot said platform wayyyyyyyyyyy beyond the 125yd line. I zero at 125yds,which is .2" high at 50yds. .6" high at 100yds and the reticle will take it to the 500yd line,in Today's atmosphere. CCI 17's at 2630fps and the assigned sight height.

Thank me later.

Hint.................

In fairness however,you'll end up wanting a stock. Hint.

Boyds does it best,for the jingle.

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/924/1avxXy.jpg[/img]

Just saying.

[img]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1280x1024q90/661/9eSsiX.jpg[/img]

Pardon my shooting it all and then some.

Bless your heart for Whining though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Ring3,

I dupe’d this build in 22lr. Replaced an old rem 511 standby. Only difference was the 22 got the Burris Signature rings instead of swfa lows. Listen to Stick, the 6x MQ is the biggie here.

Hell...Reloading/Shooting are still my favorite things to do,besides play in the box the kids came in.................
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 54 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,840
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.