Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
This ain’t the Tour de France, and I ain’t Lance Armstrong.

These mountains are kicking my a$$ grin

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
“Chain Up Area 1/2 Mile”

Does that mean uphill or downhill?

I would prefer the latter.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats a coal dump?

I hate bicyclesist as bad as the next man, but I'm willing to bet the assplug driving that truck, would have had his ass handed to him by any of the men that could peddle a bike up those hills, for the arogant f~cks that won't get off the road . blacken them,tar them, but just f~cking with people doing what they love to do is just showing what kind of ass we all can be.

Wake the f~ck up people, we all love being out there, in our own ways, showing our asses to those who do it different isn't helping our cause at all.

I don't know where South Peyton is but if you drive mountain roads like that, they are all "arrogant fugks" because there's not enough road to allow you to not hit the bicyclist and the oncoming traffic at the same time. You have to constantly slow to their speeds and wait for zero risk of oncoming traffic.

They are a royal pain in the fugking ass.

The smoke treatment beats killing them.

Still an ignorant ass hole move.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
“Chain Up Area 1/2 Mile”

Better phone a friend.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ironbender

Still an ignorant ass hole move.

Most consider it an ignorant ass hole move to ride a bicycle on a busy mountain road.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The are no bike lanes on a mountain road.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have you on ignore, but it looks like you have hijacked another thread that had nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Congratulations, I guess...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m sorry, mudhen.

I won’t post any more.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’m sorry, mudhen.

I won’t post any more.

More lies.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
“Chain Up Area 1/2 Mile”

Better phone a friend.

Hot damn, a put-your-chains-on-before-you-climb sign of course.

But I got this! Just granny-geared up the whole damn thing cool Longest continuous slope I have ever climbed.

What was it Helen Reddy said?

“I am strong, I am invincible...........”

Cardiac to follow......

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Be strong Birdy.

But if you do keel over.....try and do it outside the lane of traffic.......

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I don't see a problem with a bicyclist on the road that stays to the right in the margin. I don't get bothered even if they take a little bit of the lane for a short stretch if needed then get back over. As long as they indicate they are conscientious and courteous, I'm good with that. I also don't mind if they are in the lane where the speed limit isn't that great, and they are moving it along, especially if they have a hill and can really scoot.

In that Cummins vs Cyclist video, I didn't see any cyclists infringing on the driving lane. The Cummins driver certainly didn't have any problems getting by them so I don't agree with his rolling coal on them. Cyclists only bother me if they make no effort to make way for vehicles. It's obvious when they are being obnoxious about it and especially so when they have a large group spread out taking one or more lanes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I believe “retarded” is the operative word.

Ya, 62 but only got the body of a 25yo, Yo cool

Give it back, you're getting it all wrinkled..... wink (j/k)

Birdy, if you make it back out to Ohio, at any time, let me know. I'm sure we can find a pool table and some adult beverages.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell I couldn’t walk up one of those fuggin Montany hills with my wore out knees any more. Much less ride a bike.
You da man Mike!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Be strong Birdy.

But if you do keel over.....try and do it outside the lane of traffic.......

Hey I was in the gas station here in Boulder and some young guy comes up to me and says, "Hey I seen you grinding up the pass man that was rad!" his buddy advised me that here at the OZ Motel they got good wifi and they do cool Which means I can show pics here again sooo....

But what if I want to rollerblade from Chicago to St. Louis?
Will you be patient? I promise to wear a green vest.

Eerie coincidence.....

[Linked Image]

'Nother eerie coincidence today, do you recall Mittens, from scene two? eek

[Linked Image]

OK, back to business, the coolest thing I thought about the City Bar in Great Falls was the bicycle/coffee shop/locksmith next door....

[Linked Image]

The Celtic Cowboy gets two thumbs up.....

[Linked Image]

...as does the North 40.....

[Linked Image]

Finally, the airport in Great Falls uses an actual vintage aircraft as a weather vane cool

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Covered so much ground/taken so many photos in the last three days I hardly know where to begin....

The part of the Great Falls what ain't been covered up....

[Linked Image]

Heading south out of Great Falls into a stiff headwind, somewhere in this photo is a buffalo jump and a bridge used to film a scene in "The Untouchables"....

This was around 3pm on a Monday, note how packed with traffic I 15 was, pretty much the way its been the whole time....

[Linked Image]

Further along, the water is the Missouri, in the background was the first notable climb.

[Linked Image]

Up that hill, a scenic lookout....

[Linked Image]

Further along, homes along the Missouri, the current is swift, Louis and Clark and Co. musta worked their a$$es off to pole against it.

[Linked Image]

My home for the night, the rest area just short of Craig. Rain was forecast so I slept on the ground behind the bike. I can sleep most anywhere but an inflatable pillow sure helped. Unpacked my 40F rated sleeping bag and used it like a blanket.

[Linked Image]

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Further along, the water is the Missouri, in the background was the first notable climb.

[Linked Image]

This is a great shot.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It had to be unbelievable for Lewis and Clark seeing that country for the first time!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Day Two:

This was in my sheet in the morning, a psuedoscorpion, maybe an inch long......

[Linked Image]

Just outside of Craig, that's the Dearborn River joining the Missouri from the west, it was soon figured out you could save 400 miles following the Dearborn west than you could following the Missouri which flows from the south all along this stretch....

[Linked Image]

Drift boats for fly fishing piled up in Craig, ain't seen drift boats since the the Upper Delaware on my NY bike trip. The rancher lady at the bar said if ya can't catch trout on the Missouri ya can't catch 'em anywhere.... Meanwhile up at Wolf Creek a couple of local guys said everyone fishing at Craig are from somewhere else, you can tell because they catch fish and then just let 'em go.....

[Linked Image]

Two thumbs up for this place, open at 8am and free WiFi, a local rancher lady tends the bar in her spare time. Good coffee and all the good conversation ya can handle, makes me sad tho to be around the local alcoholics getting their morning fix. Like everybody else, the rancher lady did observe that Montana is being bought up by Californians at an alarming rate.....

[Linked Image]

Among the graffiti on the porch, the words of a sage....

[Linked Image]

At the places I've been so far Montana is the land of happy dogs, this one in Craig reminded me so much of the late lamented best dog in the world in my avatar that I took her photo...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Day Two, part two....

Climbing up Wolf Creek along the old road, I figured the smaller the creek got, the closer I was to the top...

[Linked Image]

Coming back onto the Interstate, the top had to be close, I mean how much mountain was left?

[Linked Image]

At the top; this is how they mark traffic fatalities in Montana. Elegantly simple I thought...

[Linked Image]

I was figuring to jet back down after reaching the top, but the road opened up onto about eight to ten miles of high mountain meadows.

[Linked Image]

Had to push the bike up about the last mile to the second high pass on the other side, I was dead beat and almost out of water but I made it, here looking down from near the top of Mac 3 Hill...

[Linked Image]

Page 25 of 49 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (160user, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 163bc, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,660
Posts18,512,866
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.