Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Why not? If you can afford them and can make use of the meat.

Right on; apply and hunt away!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never seen donated deer meat at any of the food banks being handed out. Food bank jands out "manager's special" chicken cuts and other grocery meats.

That was part of my blowing the lid of the food bank stunt I pulled a few months back, just to see.

Donated deer meat must be ending up on chinese buffets and Taco Bell. Some people donate meat just so they can tell everyone they donated meat. Maybe they are hoping the state will issue a Meritorious Bronze Star license plate for DONATED DEER MEAT.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As for "tags"

I have no fugging clue what those are

In Tn, you pay for a "license" that license has bag limits.
License for archery
License for muzzleloader
License for centerfire

And then for me, I qualify for landowner exemption; don't even have to buy a license. I can shoot 300 deer if that many would cross the fences. 2 or 3 is all I want and I ain't hauling out a deer carcass just to hand it over to some wino that beats his wife and kids.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I buy between 8 to 10 deer tags in Nebraska each year. I buy 2 buck tags and between 6 and 8 antlerless whitetail tags. I buy 4 "BLUE NORTHWEST" seasons choice tags and between 2 and 4 "RIVER" tags that will allow me to take between 8 and 12 antlerless whitetails. I keep some of the meat and give the rest to friends and to Hunters Helping the Hungry. Shooting that many deer allows me to field test a variety of rifle chambered for different cartridges and using different combinations of components.

Is there much public land with good deer hunting?

There is very little public land available for hunting in all of Nebraska and none that I know of in the BLUE NORTHWEST management area.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I've never seen donated deer meat at any of the food banks being handed out. Food bank jands out "manager's special" chicken cuts and other grocery meats.

That was part of my blowing the lid of the food bank stunt I pulled a few months back, just to see.

Donated deer meat must be ending up on chinese buffets and Taco Bell. Some people donate meat just so they can tell everyone they donated meat. Maybe they are hoping the state will issue a Meritorious Bronze Star license plate for DONATED DEER MEAT.

AFAIK, all of the meat from the deer that I donate is ground into burger and sent to homeless and battered women shelters.

If I couldn't give away or donate the deer that I've shot, I'd still shoot them. I wouldn't leave them in the field, as that would be wanton waste, but I don't know what I'd do with them. I used to donate the meat to my church for their Wednesday family dinners, but some of the members complained when they realized that they were eating Bambi, so now they have more meatless meals.

I'm not seeking any recognition for my charity. I have been blessed with a great family, a great Wife, plus a little skill, foresight, and luck throughout my life and it is only right that I do something for those who have not been as fortunate. LUKE 12:48 says better than I ever could; "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.".

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

AFAIK, all of the meat from the deer that I donate is ground into burger and sent to homeless and battered women shelters.

If I couldn't give away or donate the deer that I've shot, I'd still shoot them. I wouldn't leave them in the field, as that would be wanton waste, but I don't know what I'd do with them. I used to donate the meat to my church for their Wednesday family dinners, but some of the members complained when they realized that they were eating Bambi, so now they have more meatless meals.

I'm not seeking any recognition for my charity. I have been blessed with a great family, a great Wife, plus a little skill, foresight, and luck throughout my life and it is only right that I do something for those who have not been as fortunate. LUKE 12:48 says better than I ever could; "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.".

Jeff, you seem like a heck of a good guy. Kudos for your efforts.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
As for "tags"

I have no fugging clue what those are

In Tn, you pay for a "license" that license has bag limits.
License for archery
License for muzzleloader
License for centerfire

And then for me, I qualify for landowner exemption; don't even have to buy a license. I can shoot 300 deer if that many would cross the fences. 2 or 3 is all I want and I ain't hauling out a deer carcass just to hand it over to some wino that beats his wife and kids.

A Nebraska hunting license is good for small/upland game. A hunter must purchase, or draw for, big game tags for antelope, deer, elk, mountain lion, sheep, and turkey. The five management areas that I regularly hunt in are Blue Northwest, Blue Southeast, Missouri, River, and Wahoo. The Petrzilka buck was killed not far from where I have permission to hunt in the Wahoo MA, so while I have limited access in Wahoo, I always buy a buck tag for Wahoo with the hope that there is another B&C record buck out there waiting for me to show up in the same place at the same time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.