-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm still waiting on my first Leupold failure.

Nightforce et al. are not an option due to cost.

The only Leupold problem I consistently run into is the locking nut of the ocular bell won't stay tight on many of my Leupolds. Were they to fix that I'd be completely happy.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Youper

The only Leupold problem I consistently run into is the locking nut of the ocular bell won't stay tight on many of my Leupolds. Were they to fix that I'd be completely happy.

Pipe wrench... done deal

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by irfubar

... probably 90% of the possible employee's cannot pass a drug test.... those two in the video are the cream of the crop

Not just Oregon.

Some years back when Union Tank built a plant in our area, I was talking to a supervisor. He said he had guys who could weld, guys who could read a blueprint, not many who could do both. And not many of them could pee clean in a cup.

Not a good omen of where we are as a country..

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/12/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Pipe wrench... done deal

Dealer’s choice. Blue electrical tape or blue loctite. congrats. hint. dingleberry itch. Candy cane.

#thankmel8r

-Big Stick

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by kingston

Pipe wrench... done deal

Dealer’s choice. Blue electrical tape or blue loctite. congrats. hint. dingleberry itch. Candy cane.

#thankmel8r

-Big Stick

That blue tape's gotta tighten up everything, groups included...

Plus it's uber cool... cool

DF

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Is Frito-Lay hiring?....
Yeah, they are. Apparently they're in desperate need too because they're advertising on the radio and they've never done that before in my lifetime around here. 17.77 an hour to start to drive one of those delivery vans or 19.45 an hour to sanitize chip production equipment. Delivery drivers don't even put chips on the shelves. Just drop them off and merchandisers come around after to put them out on the shelves.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Are they the newer dual erector spring models or older ones?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Twist em harder. Mine never come loose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

AKA the White Knuckle Edition.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If you're a first world manufacturer that has/had manufactured quality for so many years, thinking you hung the moon and ceasing to continue to do the things that got you there is a slow, lingering recipe for perhaps short term profits and the long term becomes someone else's problem to figure out.

If your competitors are already doing what you should have done, well your window for correcting that is small.

"Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or its not going to get the business".

I don't personally like Buffett, but a company might heed a successful old man's advice....which if you read it, is rooted in what the CUSTOMER thinks.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[

That doesn't inspire confidence. It almost sounds like they have trouble finding competent help in the tech dept and tolerate subpar workmanship.

Have you ever been to Oregon? probably 90% of the possible employee's cannot pass a drug test.... those two in the video are the cream of the crop

They could film a reality television show at PDX. The security lines are more entertaining than your local boat ramp.

That comment is rich! If I were a divorce attorney I'd have signs hanging at every boat ramp.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I really don't know. They range from 1985 to 2018.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

AKA the White Knuckle Edition.

That kind of has a ring to it ... grin

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

I really don't know. They range from 1985 to 2018.

Some probably are. Actually, I don't know if Leupold puts the dual erectors in all their models, or just some, like VX-3 vs VX-2, etc. But they started when they made the change from VX-III to VX-3.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[

That doesn't inspire confidence. It almost sounds like they have trouble finding competent help in the tech dept and tolerate subpar workmanship.

Have you ever been to Oregon? probably 90% of the possible employee's cannot pass a drug test.... those two in the video are the cream of the crop

They could film a reality television show at PDX. The security lines are more entertaining than your local boat ramp.

That comment is rich! If I were a divorce attorney I'd have signs hanging at every boat ramp.

Those goofy PDX fuggs were trying to sell pieces of the old carpet from the airport because it was soooo iconic. Fugging seriously.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by WAM
Look on the Elk Hunting blog. Overwhelming bubbas use L scopes on open country elk rifles. Not I, said the Little Red Hen....

Is there meaning here?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
I still like\run leupold...... 😎🖕

Same here most my rifles have the ol vxII on them. I had one leupold stop holding zero. Sent it in, leupold called said it was no good and they would send me a new one. That scope they replaced was made in 1971.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

So do you feel going to the dual erector system was a beneficial move or not ?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If I count correctly, I own 18 Leupold scopes.
The dates of manufacture of my 18 scopes range from 1977 to 2017. (Wow! That's forty years!)
Except for a single 2x handgun scope, all of my Leupold scopes are variables. I did give away a pre-1974 M8-4x before I realized I should have hung onto it.

Except for one SWFA and scopes that came to me on old rifles (bought or inherited), Leupold is the only thing I own, and I don't use the other brands that came to me. My loyalty dates from when they had a much better reputation and following, from the days when it was clear hunters and shooters ran the company. Also from the days when just about any custom rifle wore a scope with a gold ring on it.

Of those 18 scopes, I believe only five were bought new. I do not shy away from a used Leupold as long as the exterior has no dents or lens scratches and I can live with any other dings. I have always relied on the Leupold warranty. Leupold customer service has been very good to me, but I believe I have sent in only one scope, because the ocular would not extend back far enough to focus for me. (The only vision correction I currently need/use is 1.5 "drugstore readers", yet I use most of the focusing adjustment in most Leupold scopes. I don't know what the guys needing 2.5 and 3.0 readers do?) All other customer service from Leupold has been for binoculars and one spotting scope. Again, Leupold customer service has treated me extremely well.

Except for the above mentioned SWFA, which I bought with the intention of dialing, my scope use is "set and forget." My experience has been that sometimes a Leupold will not immediately track unless "thumped" by a shot or my wallet, but I do not recall ever needing to burn a lot of ammo to zero a rifle. When you think about the precision necessary for a scope to dial accurately, it is sort of surprising to me that some scopes not only dial accurately, but continue to do so as opposed to wearing out from all the dialing.

I have never had a Leupold shift zero, but I am admittedly not a high volume shooter, so I wouldn't consider my experience to be a strong data point whatsoever. Being a "set and forget" user, I can live with not dialing accurately, but suddenly shifting zero is not acceptable. Show me even one user group, even Fudds like me (although I don't consider myself a Fudd), who will put up with wandering zero!

I missed the webinar, but it sounds like it was a real goat rope. 24hourcampfire may be a miniscule piece of the market, but a of a good number of the members are knowledgeable users, and we should be a pretty good statistical sample as far as identifying problems. If Leupold truly thinks they don't have any issues at all, that is just stupid.

I think the new styling is fugly. Just frickin' ugly! I only own a few rifles, AR's, SKS, or similar, that I would allow such a fugly scope.

I'll keep my eye on my Leupold scopes as far as holding zero. Were I buying a scope to dial, it wouldn't be a Leupold. That's why I bought the one SWFA.

Last edited by GunDoc7; 07/13/19.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
If I count correctly, I own 18 Leupold scopes.
The dates of manufacture of my 18 scopes range from 1977 to 2017.
Except for a single 2x handgun scope, all of my Leupold scopes are variables. I did give away a pre-1974 M8-4x before I realized I should have hung onto it.

Except for one SWFA and scopes that came to me on old rifles (bought or inherited), Leupold is the only thing I own, and I don't use the other brands that came to me. My loyalty dates from when they had a much better reputation and following, from the days when it was clear hunters and shooters ran the company. Also from the days when just about any custom rifle wore a scope with a gold ring on it.

Of those 18 scopes, I believe only five were bought new. I do not shy away from a used Leupold as long as the exterior has no dents or lens scratches and I can live with any other dings. I have always relied on the Leupold warranty. Leupold customer service has been very good to me, but I believe I have sent in only one scope, because the ocular would not extend back far enough to focus for me. (The only vision correction I currently need/use is 1.5 "drugstore readers", yet I use most of the focusing adjustment in most Leupold scopes. I don't know what the guys needing 2.5 and 3.0 readers do?) All other customer service from Leupold has been for binoculars and one spotting scope. Again, Leupold customer service has treated me extremely well.

Except for the above mentioned SWFA, which I bought with the intention of dialing, my scope use is "set and forget." My experience has been that sometimes a Leupold will not immediately track unless "thumped" by a shot or my wallet, but I do not recall ever needing to burn a lot of ammo to zero a rifle. When you think about the precision necessary for a scope to dial accurately, it is sort of surprising to me that some scopes not only dial accurately, but continue to do so as opposed to wearing out from all the dialing.

I have never had a Leupold shift zero, but I am admittedly not a high volume shooter, so I wouldn't consider my experience to be a strong data point whatsoever. Being a "set and forget" user, I can live with not dialing accurately, but suddenly shifting zero is not acceptable. Show me even one user group, even Fudds like me (although I don't consider myself a Fudd), who will put up with wandering zero!

I missed the webinar, but it sounds like it was a real goat rope. 24hourcampfire may be a miniscule piece of the market, but a of a good number of the members are knowledgeable users, and we should be a pretty good statistical sample as far as identifying problems. If Leupold truly thinks they don't have any issues at all, that is just stupid.

I think the new styling is fugly. Just frickin' ugly! I only own a few rifles, AR's, SKS, or similar, that I would allow such a fugly scope.

I'll keep my eye on my Leupold scopes as far as holding zero. Were I buying a scope to dial, it wouldn't be a Leupold. That's why I bought the one SWFA.

What he said!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Page 15 of 30 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 74 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,620
Posts18,533,112
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.