Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2ndwind Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The parent company of Gillet razors is in the news again.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...29000-to-us-womens-soccer-team/39686189/

NEW YORK (AP) — Procter & Gamble, a sponsor of the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team, is now supporting its members' fight for equal pay.
The company, which supports U.S. soccer through its Secret deodorant brand, says it will donate $529,000 — $23,000 for each of the 23 players on the U.S. team that won the World Cup earlier this month — to help close the pay gap. The sponsor took out a full-page ad printed in The New York Times on Sunday urging the U.S. Soccer Federation to "be on the right side of history."
"Let's take this moment of celebration to propel women's sports forward," Secret says in the ad. "We urge the US Soccer Federation to be a beacon of strength and end gender pay inequality once and for all."

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I can see their new ad campaign now - - - - - - -"Secret- - - -strong enough for a man, because that's what some of you 'women' really are!"

LOL!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Where are the demands for equal value? Where is the sponsor who says, "We'll pay you as much as men when you generate as much revenue as men?"

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All about the show and the money.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
The parent company of Gillet razors is in the news again.....

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...29000-to-us-womens-soccer-team/39686189/

NEW YORK (AP) — Procter & Gamble, a sponsor of the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team, is now supporting its members' fight for equal pay.
The company, which supports U.S. soccer through its Secret deodorant brand, says it will donate $529,000 — $23,000 for each of the 23 players on the U.S. team that won the World Cup earlier this month — to help close the pay gap. The sponsor took out a full-page ad printed in The New York Times on Sunday urging the U.S. Soccer Federation to "be on the right side of history."
"Let's take this moment of celebration to propel women's sports forward," Secret says in the ad. "We urge the US Soccer Federation to be a beacon of strength and end gender pay inequality once and for all."

Are these people completely stupid...or are they oblivious to the market?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the pay should be equal. Zero for all of them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Easy solution. Determine the average pay for the women for the last 5 years, then lower the men's pay to the same level. That is what the women want, isn't it? Equal is equal. If they were smart, they would want the men to get paid more, because the reality of it is, a rising tide floats all boats. The more the men get, the more they will get. even as a percentage. And if the popularity of soccer for both sexes increases they will all get more. As it stands today, the women may actually be hurting the popularity of women's soccer, if the public senses they are spoiled brats that don't deserve all the attention.

If someday they can generate more revenue than the men, we will hear them squawking that they should get more than the men do, just like swimsuit models do.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So by the same standard, are they going to avg. out all the pro football, baseball, basketball, rodeo, and any other sports and give them the same participation award of making the same pay across the board?

How about they step up and avg. the income between the richest people and the poorest people and cut everyone a check for that too?

Bet they don't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
it's their money, the can sponsor who they want.

It is obvious their Ad team thought they could capitalize on this hot topic of the moment. Will it sell more deodorant? I have my doubts.

I have quite an investment in P&G. I hope the stock goes up and not down. I sure as hell hope they don't suddenly pull a Nike/Kaepernick on us.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Giving up Gillet razors has been both cheap easy and fun. I used to keep using their Fusion blades after they were no longer really sharp because they were so expensive to replace... since switching to a safety razor and Feather brand replacement blades I swap out for a new blade maybe every 7 to 10 days.... they are cheap and amazingly sharp.

Dawn dishwashing soap and Tide detergent are on the next to go list..... suggestions for non P&G products to replace them with?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Giving up Gillet razors has been both cheap easy and fun. I used to keep using their Fusion blades after they were no longer really sharp because they were so expensive to replace... since switching to a safety razor and Feather brand replacement blades I swap out for a new blade maybe every 7 to 10 days.... they are cheap and amazingly sharp.

Dawn dishwashing soap and Tide detergent are on the next to go list..... suggestions for non P&G products to replace them with?

I've switched from Old Spice High Endurance deodorant to Speed Stick deodorant, from Gain laundry detergent to Arm & Hammer, also bought a safety razor (need to get better blades than the Van der Hagens) and using Palmolive dish washing soap. I've used Crest toothpaste forever, now have Colgate. I also have some disposable shaving razors from Bic.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pedo and gay-mble

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by hatari

It is obvious their Ad team thought they could capitalize on this hot topic of the moment. Will it sell more deodorant? I have my doubts.

I have quite an investment in P&G. I hope the stock goes up and not down.
I sure as hell hope they don't suddenly pull a Nike/Kaepernick on us.

I just moved some money in an investment account into P&G stock last week. P&G historically likes to keep their stock price in the $80-$90 price range to keep it "affordable". It is currently trending up in such a manner that I would expect a some type of split in the near future. After a split, P&G stock typically rebounds back into the $80 / share range in relatively short order. Results in a tidy little short term gain. I'm betting my money that your position in P&G will be O.K. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Try Wal-Mart's Great Value items.

We have slowly started using many of them.

On vacation, we needed aluminum foil, and bought their heavy duty. Cheaper than Reynolds,
And if we smashed it, or lost it, out less.
We were impressed.

Now, we use detergent, trash bags, foil, and other stuff.
1 cavieatt, we always buy the better of the choices,
It is Wal-Mart, I figure I only want to save a bit.
The cheapest is probably junk.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
All about the show and the money.

This ^^^^^^ ... Keep in mind that P&G has a $7 Billion annual advertising budget. The $530K they threw to the Women's soccer team represents less than 3% of ONE DAY's ad budget. And look at all of the air time and discussion time that it is buying them... Even here on 24HCF...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So then P&G, by their own admission, was underpaying them to begin with. But now that they can capitalize on the political cloud surrounding the team, the team is more valuable.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

It’s so easy, even a female soccer player could do it.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
there was a long standing rumor that p&g had ties to the church of satan.

They've tried to unfugg that rumor multiple times

This now sort of undos that previous undoing for me, whether valid or spoof or nonsense. Either way.

So fugg them, we use dial soap anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by hatari

I have quite an investment in P&G. I hope the stock goes up and not down.
I sure as hell hope they don't suddenly pull a Nike/Kaepernick on us.

I just moved some money in an investment account into P&G stock last week. P&G historically likes to keep their stock price in the $80-$90 price range to keep it "affordable". It is currently trending up in such a manner that I would expect a some type of split in the near future. After a split, P&G stock typically rebounds back into the $80 / share range in relatively short order. Results in a tidy little short term gain. I'm betting my money that your position in P&G will be O.K. wink

Kinda like my positiion in Berkshire Hathaway. Seems that Warren has to spout off some political nonsense every so often, but I just put my fingers in my ears and watch BRK-B grow year after year. Those two companies alone have been good to me.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
there was a long standing rumor that p&g had ties to the church of satan.

They've tried to unfugg that rumor multiple times

This now sort of undos that previous undoing for me, whether valid or spoof or nonsense. Either way.

So fugg them, we use dial soap anyway.

Based on the old "Moon Stars" logo. P&G finally dropped it rather than deal with all of the negative publicity. No different than University of Kentucky changing their Wild Cat logo because some people said the curled tongue in the old logo looked like a phallic symbol... People see what they want to see...

While not immediately obvious, P&G did manage to work a stylized crescent moon back into their latest corporate logo without anyone fussing about it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 3,125 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,554
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.