-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
This is a study that strongly suggests that dementia is possibly prevented by certain diets and life styles.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-48963215

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Sleep deprivation is another factor not mentioned in that article, but suspect the healthy life style folks do not typically contend with it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
Sleep deprivation is another factor not mentioned in that article, but suspect the healthy life style folks do not typically contend with it.

Very true! Sleep apnea is frequently mentioned in other studies that I’ve read on the subject. We’re dealing with my father in law and late stage Alzheimer’s which has prompted both my wife and I to research and learn what we can about Alzheimer’s and dementia. My wife (and me to a lesser extent) lives a very healthy lifestyle but there’s no escaping genetic predisposition.

Dementia and Alzheimer’s are terrible diseases that affect loved ones more profoundly than many other diseases do. It’s a sad thing to watch unfold and not be able to do anything significant. Love, patience and understanding are necessary attributes for the loved to embrace. I can’t imagine being married for 50 years and not being recognized by my wife or having ones spouse think that someone else is their mate. The loneliness and isolation is not relegated to only the patient.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How about the Blue Zones. There is only one in the U.S.A.

I visited some old (actually very old) friends there (Loma Linda, CA) a couple of years ago. They were both in their nineties and have to be pushing 100 by now. They both walk well by themselves and have no dementia. The man did put on a bit of weight but the woman looks very much like she did when I knew her as a kid back in the 1960s. A common lifestyle there is that of a vegetarian or vegan with no alcohol or tobacco.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Grumulkin
. A common lifestyle there is that of a vegetarian or vegan with no alcohol or tobacco.

100 year old vegan?
Why bother? Take me now.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like any study that tells me I need to drink beer

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Loma Linda Ca is a very heavy Seventh Day Adventist enclave. You see health demographics drastically changed anywhere Seventh Day Adventists or Mormans congregate. Much can be attributed to zero consumption of tobacco and alcohol and strong focus on family oriented lives.

Vegan/vegetarian lifestyles, I will give much less credit. I know very few Adventists who are vegetarian, though their potluck dinners on Sabbath afternoon always are. And the kitchens in their schools are.

Animal sourced proteins are important in the human diet. Especially growing children. Few vegans actually do the research and make sure they are feeding their kids EVERY essential amino acid.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 41 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.