Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
They issue placards and plates to PTSD people here. One of the dudes that my uncle lets hunt the farm here has "wheelchair plates" on his f-150.

Damn sure aint anything hindering his legs. He humps a backpack, loggy bayou stand, and bow all over the hills and hollers on the place. Drags deer out with his climbing harness

marinate on that

Between that and the 10% off on Veterans Day I've been thinking about signing up.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Only a moron like you Deacon would find any humor in that, says a lot about your lack of character. Let's see, fake recovering alcoholic, fake Deacon and now fake disabled person. Unless your mental disability qualifies you?

Last edited by gunswizard; 07/15/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Many are simply lazy lard asses. They tend to leave those Walmart electric carts right in the middle of two handicap parking spaces when they leave, so the spaces can't be easily accessed by other lazy lard asses. I swore to my wife I would never get a handicap sticker, regardless. Handicapped Americans made out just fine for decades, without the stupid ADA law.

[Linked Image]

I could tell you why it's in that position, but it wouldn't fit with your prejudice. That person likely has very little use of thier legs, and had to use the "hell-handle" to get from seat to seat. Probably has hand controls on the vehicle.

Do you think it's more likely that someone with a hand controlled vehicle crawled into a Walmart and then left the Free Rascal outside than a 400 pound woman waddled inside and then left the Free Rascal outside? Cause I think 400 pound women are more common at Walmart.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No one says jack shît to people with a pair of batshît crazy Pomeranian "service dogs" or miniature horse therapy animals on flights.

Yeah right

But someone with a pacemaker that can walk himself slowly, unaided into the walmart is the real con artist against society

Got it

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Labman95
Reminds me of a car, with a handicapped placard, that was parked in a handicapped spot every day outside my workplace. Had a ski rack on the back.

Believe it or not, there are disabled skiers, who refuse to give up what they love to do, because some drunk driver took thier leg. You should admire that drive, not disparage it. Most folks would just give up.

There used to be a guy here who was a radio host. His legs were pretty much disabled and he used crutches to more or less drag them around. He was said to be a pretty fair skier. He had short skis that fit on the ends of his crutches and sort-of regular skis on his feet. I never actually saw him on the slopes but I saw pics of his setup.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reminds me of a car, with a handicapped placard, that was parked in a handicapped spot every day outside my workplace. Had a ski rack on the back.

Believe it or not, there are disabled skiers, who refuse to give up what they love to do, because some drunk driver took thier leg. You should admire that drive, not disparage it. Most folks would just give up.

If you can ski in any way possible without the help of several people at once your not disabled. F'ing period. You can never convince me otherwise. I do restaurant delivery and on occasion have to block a handicap spot or 2. The level of pretentiousness that these poor "disabled" folk have is mind numbing. I see weekly people who will squeeze into places around the truck to get into a handicap spot even when there are non-handicap spaces CLOSER to the door. IMHO At least 95% of handicap permits aren't needed. Maybe more. I'm all f'd up too, Back, Knee, who gives ashit . Unless you need aid walking you shouldn't get a handicap permit.

Last edited by k20350; 07/15/19.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wife needs one. I have to fetch said scooter and take back on the few occasions when she doesnt stay home and gives me the list of what she wants. Have you ever had to shop for womens underwear because your wife is too sick? I have. And i do most of the hiusework,
I have and will call on flagrant violators when i see one

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I got one when I had knee surgery and was on two crutches for 4 months. I keep it just in case as sometimes there are NO parking spots except handicap. There is a train park in Scottsdale that has like 40 HC spots. Most times I've been there they were ALL empty. It comes in handy when my MIL visits.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For folks wondering how many spaces are required (I was curious too) it's based on the number of regular spots. - https://adata.org/factsheet/parking

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One of the mcdonald's here near Ft Campbell, the entire front row of parking (about 6 slots) is all handicap.

Total no. of parking spaces, is about 20-25.

😄

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I try not to get too worked up about people who park in HC spots but don't "appear handicapped.".

I have no idea what their handicap is, or what they're dealing with.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Many are simply lazy lard asses. They tend to leave those Walmart electric carts right in the middle of two handicap parking spaces when they leave, so the spaces can't be easily accessed by other lazy lard asses. I swore to my wife I would never get a handicap sticker, regardless. Handicapped Americans made out just fine for decades, without the stupid ADA law.

[Linked Image]

No doubt a lot of lard asses who use those things are bogus and simply lazy, but you're painting with a pretty wide (no pun intended) brush there. Lots of legit folks do greatly benefit from the convenience that the ADA provides.

To the OP, I am confident I could qualify for the handicap authorization based on my VA disability, but the last thing I'd want to do is park up close to where everyone else does. No better way to get a door ding than choosing a parking space close to the doors, handicap or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dad is a wreck, ejection injuries. So he's justified. But he didn't get one until he really needs it.

The thing I've noticed about the tags is, if the vehicle is driven with the tag hanging, that person is a lousy driver to be paid attention to at all times. Why would anyone drive around with that thing blocking so much of your forward vision? And yep, Dad puts his in the jockey box when the car is moving.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by k20350

If you can ski in any way possible without the help of several people at once your not disabled. F'ing period. You can never convince me otherwise. I do restaurant delivery and on occasion have to block a handicap spot or 2. The level of pretentiousness that these poor "disabled" folk have is mind numbing. I see weekly people who will squeeze into places around the truck to get into a handicap spot even when there are non-handicap spaces CLOSER to the door. IMHO At least 95% of handicap permits aren't needed. Maybe more. I'm all f'd up too, Back, Knee, who gives ashit . Unless you need aid walking you shouldn't get a handicap permit.

There are skiers when only parts of thier legs left to them. You clearly have never seen the disabled ski. Thier equipment is very different than what you might use, and you clearly could not use thiers.
Side note: my dad owner a construction company. He got injured on the job and spent time in a wheelchair. It was eye opening for him, just how hard it was to get around. He was maneuvering to try and park in a handicap space, when a self entitled asshat cut in and took it. (Not handicapped) and laughed about it. My dad had to work his way in from alot further out in the lot, and he was so angry at that asshat, that he posted a sign in the office, that ANY employee that parked a company truck in a handicap spot for any reason would be immediately terminated.
As with anything, it can be abused, but those spots ain't for you, unless you have and SHOW the emblem. Anyone who abuses the emblem or let's another use it, can lose it themselves.
As for the 400lb woman that people keep mentioning....

Imagine you can't breath well, and sometimes can't breath well enough to know for sure it going to continue. Add in a heart condition, and crone's, and water retention caused by the medication that keeps you breathing, and a nearly complete loss of cartilage in both knees thanks to your heredity, borderline diabetes (again due to the medication), and a loss of feeling from the thighs down.
Do you really think you will keep your girlish figure long? Add in the several hospital stays each year, the enforced bedrest, and I seriously doubt you would be under 300lbs yourself.
It's daily life here.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
My Dad is a wreck, ejection injuries. So he's justified. But he didn't get one until he really needs it.

The thing I've noticed about the tags is, if the vehicle is driven with the tag hanging, that person is a lousy driver to be paid attention to at all times. Why would anyone drive around with that thing blocking so much of your forward vision? And yep, Dad puts his in the jockey box when the car is moving.

That's because he is doing it correctly and legally. Here, it will cost you a ticket for obscuring your vision by leaving the tag hanging.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you for that post, Kellory.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've been illegally parking in handicap spots my whole life.

Anybody wanna take a guess how many tickets or tows I've had?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave

You'll get both, if I see it happening. smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

You'll get both, if I see it happening. smile

The answer is 28.

28 problems out of THOUSANDS of conveniences.

Do the math, retard.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's because he is doing it correctly and legally. Here, it will cost you a ticket for obscuring your vision by leaving the tag hanging.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1lessdog, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,673
Posts18,474,805
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.