Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Dess
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only times I wished I had a Cummins: laugh laugh

Yellow spandex seasoned with a liberal helping of diesel. smile

Fair enough Coal Dump Pu$$ies, but I’m gonna tell ya in a group that size prob’ly at least three were Veterans.

....and if this was Texas five or six are armed.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by gunswizard
The bicyclists I hate are the ones that can't ride single file but insist on riding two or three abreast so they can talk and socialize, acting as though it's their right to do so and the motorists are out of line.

What would be wrong with me riding 2-3 abreast in the right lane of this roadway in traffic conditions as shown?

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.0081535,-90.0862556,3a,60y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOMpirwwQ5MliIgXKseBG5w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Well, here you would be toast.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by deflave
People drive 45mph on that road?

They have to. They never know when they're going to come around a bend and have a dumb bass bike in the road.

Nobody should ever outdrive their line of sight. If you do, you are the idiot. It could be a cow, a mail delivery truck, a broken down vehicle, a rockslide or any other number of obstacles around the blind bend. I am more than a little disappointed that I have to point this out to a driver that considers himself smart.

And I never implied I was smart.

I can certainly respect honest self-assessment.

Says the guy who compared his own intelligence to a rock slide.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hate it when they splatter blood all over the grill.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

....and if this was Texas five or six are armed.

They must stuff it in their vagina to keep from printing.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Naah, my son’s friend nearly broke his ribs when he landed on his Glock, look for a handlebar bag.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Certain Liberal folks have been taught that if they are riding a bike , they are special because they're saving the planet. I used to ride bikes a lot, but I knew I would lose a fight with even a Yugo, so I was careful to avoid cars.

Last edited by reivertom; 07/15/19.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am amazed at the number of people here who readily admit they don't have the emotional or intellectual faculties to safely and politely interact with other road users. I drive too. I never have had an issue at all safely or courteously interacting with law abiding cyclists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I drive a very curvy road everyday. No shoulder, dips, rises, curves, trees blocking line of sight....It's an incredibly stupid road to try and ride a bike on.

One day I slowed to share that point of view with a few cyclists. They didn't seem receptive.

I rode for years, still like to fugg around on bikes, but can't fathom that level of idiocy. It's gonna really ruin my day if one of those dumbazzes goes under my truck.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That driver was a straight up cocgkhole.

Yeah, I know - but it's still funny as hell... laugh laugh

Schit like that can get you shot. Should anyway.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I am amazed at the number of people here who readily admit they don't have the emotional or intellectual faculties to safely and politely interact with other road users. I drive too. I never have had an issue at all safely or courteously interacting with law abiding cyclists.

Your statement only affirms the average motorist's point of view.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My wife and are are approaching a 4 way intersection with a traffic light. We have the green light and are set to cross the intersection when from our right, comes a suicidal bicyclist. He's on the sidewalk, then into the cross walk, on the wrong side of the road, and going through a red light, and for that matter, a do not walk light for pedestrians. Cathy locked up the brakes, laid on the horn, gave him the stink eye, and used some sailor's language not fit for your tender ears, gentlemen. She couldn't have missed him by more than 6 inches. The dufus is lucky he's alive. Why is it that bicyclists think the rules of the road never apply to them?

Why is it that dumb fugking motorist attribute the actions of a few to a population as a whole?

Maybe because it was the ENTIRE pack of about 30 that ran the stop sign and forced the oncoming car to either head for the ditch, run over their asses, or come head on into my lane...... choosing the latter and forcing me into the ditch.................

And then there is my favorite........ when they don't like me being behind them at 20 MPH they will motion me around, on a double yellow, and a curve, going up a hill....................

....... and when you come into the cafe after your little run............ those pedal clips on the bottom of your shoes, or whateverthehell they are, combined with sweaty spandex really ruins my coffee..............

Other than that your probably a real nice bunch of guys to hang with.......................

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I drive a very curvy road everyday. No shoulder, dips, rises, curves, trees blocking line of sight....It's an incredibly stupid road to try and ride a bike on.

One day I slowed to share that point of view with a few cyclists. They didn't seem receptive.

I rode for years, still like to fugg around on bikes, but can't fathom that level of idiocy. It's gonna really ruin my day if one of those dumbazzes goes under my truck.

Are you incapable of operating at speeds that allow you to react to things that may be around blind bends? If not, then it is you who is stupid. Your day will be ruined when the civil and possibly criminal proceedings follow.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muffin
My wife and are are approaching a 4 way intersection with a traffic light. We have the green light and are set to cross the intersection when from our right, comes a suicidal bicyclist. He's on the sidewalk, then into the cross walk, on the wrong side of the road, and going through a red light, and for that matter, a do not walk light for pedestrians. Cathy locked up the brakes, laid on the horn, gave him the stink eye, and used some sailor's language not fit for your tender ears, gentlemen. She couldn't have missed him by more than 6 inches. The dufus is lucky he's alive. Why is it that bicyclists think the rules of the road never apply to them?

Why is it that dumb fugking motorist attribute the actions of a few to a population as a whole?

And then there is my favorite........ when they don't like me being behind them at 20 MPH they will motion me around, on a double yellow, and a curve, going up a hill....................

If you are concerned about what might be around the bend, you certainly have a leg up on most of the mindless dolts speaking up in this thread.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul - The speed limit on this particular road is 35 mph. At 25 mph, in several spots, you would likely have a hard time avoiding a collision. At that speed or slower you would risk causing an accident with other vehicles.

There are roads that are simply not safe for bicyclists.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by tikkanut

[Linked Image]

Id prolly have to hit that one.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Have you been to a large city with the rental electric scooters? We were in Denver last week and those things were everywhere. They do about 15mph and are all over the place. A wonder more people don't get smashed on those things.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Paul - The speed limit on this particular road is 35 mph. At 25 mph, in several spots, you would likely have a hard time avoiding a collision. At that speed or slower you would risk causing an accident with other vehicles.

There are roads that are simply not safe for bicyclists.

If that were the case I'd slow my driving down so that I didn't outdrive my line of sight. My experience tells me there can be any number of hazards around a blind bend. Driveway entrances where someone may be pulling out. Mailboxes where a mail carrier is stopped. Stalled vehicles. Tractors. Fallen trees. Livestock. Wild animals. The list goes on. I have a choice as a motorist. Drive at a speed that allows me to react, or drive with negligence. I choose the former.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

That driver was a straight up cocgkhole.

Yeah, I know - but it's still funny as hell... laugh laugh

Schit like that can get you shot. Should anyway.

Exactly. Somebody dumps coal on me, with my asthma? They'll have to see if their bad ass truck driving punk ass can out run a 9mm.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Page 3 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.