Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Do you know Tom 264? you two could be best buds...... smile

Word on the street is someone has been seen out shopping for a new head...Pretty Kewl....😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Do you know Tom 264? you two could be best buds...... smile

Word on the street is someone has been seen out shopping for a new head...Pretty Kewl....😬😎

Hey Beav, I heard Tom has been accepted into an experimental head transplant program... first ever....
Very little risk for Tom... not like he could get brain damage..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

CJC73,

Give it up. There is a small claque of "wannabe snipers" with delusions of grandeur and elitist aspirations in this site that may be shills for other scope companies. Their steel banging methodology simply does not generalize to ethical hunting. Shooting at live animals at extended ranges is good for their feeble egos but not ethical hunting. I doubt these Kestrel, bipod, sandbag, stick idiots have a clue about real hunting. In their eyes, hitting an animal at extended ranges is more important than potentially wounding/losing one. I doubt very much they care about foot pounds of energy at target when shooting big game......
There is a duality they do not comprehend. Ethical hunting means delivering the necessary foot pounds of energy at vital areas to ensure a "clean kill." Shooting elk at 1,400 yards with one's .338 Lapua is for CRETINS. I doubt they walk in the woods carrying a .375 Cheytac to ensure clean kills at extended ranges.

Leupold scopes work for most hunters at customary hunting ranges. One does not need to crank on a door knob and use a bipod to cleanly take most big game animals. I wonder if these guys work for NF or SWFA?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
IceCunt..... elevating the level of stupidity to unethical ranges.

Holding zero, and having accurate adjustments is requisite for all ethical hunting.... range has nothing to do with it.

Leupold lied to us all.... straight to our faces.... anyone who can’t see that, is a fuggin’ moron.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

Puppybanger,

How much are you getting paid to shill? Pathetic....no one "lied" to you......paranoia is hard to manage...there is help available!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
IceCunt..... elevating the level of stupidity to unethical ranges.

Holding zero, and having accurate adjustments is requisite for all ethical hunting.... range has nothing to do with it.

Leupold lied to us all.... straight to our faces.... anyone who can’t see that, is a fuggin’ moron.

Right on Dog......

Ethical hunters do all they can to make sure of a clean and humane kill..... we obsess over bullets, loads, barrels and yes scopes that work properly......
Doesn't matter 50 yds or 450 yds . Although things get much more critical as range increases.....
That's why Blackheart is fine with iron sights on his 30-30, yet in wide open country with shots averaging 300yds an inch or two off at 100yd is huge and will result in a wounded animal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IceCut

Ethical hunting means delivering the necessary foot pounds of energy at vital areas to ensure a "clean kill."

Precisely. One must ensure that exactly 1548.9 ft-lbs of energy are delivered to the shoulder, 1087.0 to the lungs, 1213.4 to the heart, and 756.2 to the head. Any less than this, and the animal simply will not die. Any more, and the entire carcass will rupture due to hydrostatic shock, wasting an excess amount of meat...

smirk crazy

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

irfubar,

Another member of the "squad" shows solidarity with his "compadre." I wonder what this little group of "wannabes" do when they get together?

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

Jordan Smith,

Another member of the "squad" shows up. Your squadmates make AOC's squad look disloyal. Insecure people need peer acceptance and group membership to function. Work on it. You may eventually be free to make individual judgements.....work on your sarcasm, it is pretty juvenile....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
IceDoosh is schooling y'all today!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey IceCut how many ft lbs is needed to kill a deer? will a 223A.I. work?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started hunting as a young boy. When I bought my first big-game rifle, I had been convinced that I needed a large magnum as an all-around hunting rifle. The more I killed and witnessed the killing of critters in the ensuing years, the less important impact energy became. I started wondering why I was putting up with the powder consumption, noise, and recoil from the bigger rifles, and started buying and using smaller rifles to hunt with. Animals still died just the same. As long as a bullet of reasonable size has enough velocity (and corresponding kinetic energy) to expand on impact, and to then reach the vitals, it has enough "foot pounds of energy" to make a clean kill. This is much less than the arbitrary number so many people of several decades ago used to preach.

Perhaps you should work on your kill count, if you still think you need a certain amount of impact energy (let me guess, 1000 ft-lbs for deer and 1500 for elk?) to ensure a clean kill.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CJC73
Oh i see you're editing your posts now. good idea.

Mark Twain quote:

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

You have that tied up with experience. Good luck in life.

I have to edit often because I am a terrible typer ...... and Kingston get's after me for grammatical errors.
Thank you for your concern regarding my luck in life..... bit it is unnecessary I seem to manage fine..... I would like to get off my couch and shoot a gun though... someday... hahahahahaha
Oh and I CAN hit a target at 630yds and 718 yds etc.... over and over again.... hahahahaha
Different skillsets for different hunting conditions. I can throw an appe in the air and bust it 9 out of 10 with my iron sighted .30-30. Sometimes the ability to hit fast moving game at close range is important to my success where I hunt. Can you do that with your rig ? I can hit a 3" diameter bull offhand at 75 yards consistently with any of my deer rifles, iron sights or scope. That skillset is also important to my success and I practice it diligently. Can you best that with your rig ? Different skillsets for different conditions.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I started hunting as a young boy. When I bought my first big-game rifle, I had been convinced that I needed a large magnum as an all-around hunting rifle. The more I killed and witnessed the killing of critters in the ensuing years, the less important impact energy became. I started wondering why I was putting up with the powder consumption, noise, and recoil from the bigger rifles, and started buying and using smaller rifles to hunt with. Animals still died just the same. As long as a bullet of reasonable size has enough velocity (and corresponding kinetic energy) to expand on impact, and to then reach the vitals, it has enough "foot pounds of energy" to make a clean kill. This is much less than the arbitrary number so many people of several decades ago used to preach.

Perhaps you should work on your kill count, if you still think you need a certain amount of impact energy (let me guess, 1000 ft-lbs for deer and 1500 for elk?) to ensure a clean kill.
I knew it didn't take very darn many foot pounds to kill a deer right from the first. It was easy to ascertain since my first deer was killed instantly with a .22LR to the head. After that I killed several more with .22LR ,.22WMR and 5mm Remington magnum rimfire. Several of those shot with the WMR and 5mm were lung shot and none went more than 80 yards before expiring. It doesn't take much and few hunters know just how little will do the trick.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Irfubar,

Hmmm....first of all, is that caliber legal in the state you are hunting for taking big game? I think you need to read the regs. Unless, of course, you have no clue about specific caliber requirements in different states/provinces. Second of all, define deer. Axis deer? Red deer? Northern whitetail? Key west deer? Mule deer in Mexico? Mule deer in Colorado....be specific....Third of all, what conditions. Animal is alerted and running full tilt? Animal is unaware, rested? Conditions are important. Fourth of all, bullet placement. Fifth of all, what bullet type are you using?

I am sorry if this is too complicated your you and your "squad" mates to grasp.....maybe, I need to break it down into manageable chunks?

Last edited by IceCut; 07/15/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

I knew it didn't take very darn many foot pounds to kill a deer right from the first. It was easy to ascertain since my first deer was killed instantly with a .22LR to the head.

Case in point.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by IceCut
Irfubar,

Hmmm....first of all, is that caliber legal in the state you are hunting for taking big game? I think you need to read the regs. Unless, of course, you have no clue about specific caliber requirements in different states/provinces. Second of all, define deer. Axis deer? Red deer? Northern whitetail? Key west deer? Mule deer in Mexico? Mule deer in Colorado....be specific....Third of all, what conditions. Animal is alerted and running full tilt? Animal is unaware, rested? Conditions are important. Fourth of all, bullet placement. Fifth of all, what bullet type are you using?

I am sorry if this is too complicated your you and your "squad" mates to grasp.....maybe, I need to break it down into manageable chunks?

Case in point. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by Blackheart
Different skillsets for different hunting conditions. I can throw an appe in the air and bust it 9 out of 10 with my iron sighted .30-30. Sometimes the ability to hit fast moving game at close range is important to my success where I hunt. Can you do that with your rig ? I can hit a 3" diameter bull offhand at 75 yards consistently with any of my deer rifles, iron sights or scope. That skillset is also important to my success and I practice it diligently. Can you best that with your rig ? Different skillsets for different conditions.

Solid gold right there. Freaking Quigley.........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Since we all know Leupold is following us here, let me ask them how they feel like the Livestream worked out for them. Big win for the golden ring right?

I think it was Lao Tzu who said something like, “Don’t distract your enemy while they are busy defeating themselves.”

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I love a good Leupold thread.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 45 invisible), 2,237 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.