Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by bludog
So, it's selfish to desire to get back money you have paid involuntarily that our govt has consistently said was really paid for our own personal account? Where is the selfishness in that young feller? I retired 3 years ago, and I'll be 60 in a coupla weeks. LIke many here, I have paid the max in SS for the majority of my working career. And since I don't see SS surviving in its present form for much longer, yeah, I want my money back, and I'm gonna start drawing as soon as I legally can, at 62. My wife has had a similar career as mine, and she'll start drawing the first month she's eligible. I'll let your most insensitive comment slide, cause you are obviously young and don't understand how we older workers feel about this.

No, I totally understand.

You invested in junk bonds and I get to pay for it. The majority of your generation kicked the can down the road on numerous occasions, now you want paid for your "investment".
The last go around was the Bush II era, where it was defeated on the premises of needing every last cent for the boomers; it's too risky.

It's like abortion: everyone against it is alive....

No worries, human nature.

I had no choice in whether or not I had to pay into SS.
If there had been an opt out choice I would have done it.
You're bitching up the wrong tree here you whiney azz dink.
Now get out there tomorrow and help fund my next month's SS check and stop bitching.

Its broke.

The only people I see bitching and threatening are those getting it, the same ones that did nothing before. Now its in flames and if we gotta print money, cause of how "older workers feel" about it, then apparently I need to give a fugg. Well, I don't. Why? Cause none of you give a fugg about anyone after you get yours.

Hope the nursing homes treat ya'll well.

Hey stevenson, I hope it runs dry while you're still kickin' and tough enough to still back it up.....

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

You invested in junk bonds and I get to pay for it.

Correction. Junk bonds were bought in his name with money taken from him with a gun to his head.

I'm 50 and if I could opt out today with the government keeping every penny I've paid in so far I'd do it, just stop taking my money for the rest of my career. It's pretty unfair to question someone's conservative credentials for wanting back money that was taken from them at gunpoint. If they'd had a choice in the matter it would be different.

I agree wholeheartedly, the problem is that a majority of them want their money owed to the point the printing press and the debt it will accrue apparently isn't their problem and that they, as a generation, apparently are the only ones with a gun to their head.

The last time a choice was offered, the retirees pissed and moaned and didn't want any part of a solution. Same now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=HawkI

You invested in junk bonds and I get to pay for it. The majority of your generation kicked the can down the road on numerous occasions, now you want paid for your "investment".
The last go around was the Bush II era, where it was defeated on the premises of needing every last cent for the boomers; it's too risky.

[/quote]

No I was an indentured slave forced to participate in a venture I didn’t like.
I had the privilege of 47 years of investing in something that was BS. I wasn’t old enough to vote when a lot of these programs were enacted or when it was mandatory for SSA surplus to go into the general fund to be issued bonds from the fed, nor did I willing agree to interest on said investment be paid for in government bonds.
So my government enslaved me in a scam of retirement benefits for 47 years and I am now collecting which against their wishes, hopes and best efforts that I would die before I could, failed.
Now I am at fault and owe you an apology or is it reparations you want?

Swifty
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
You don't owe me [bleep], nor I you, or does that concept not make any [bleep] sense to you geezers?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So, it's selfish to desire to get back money you have paid involuntarily that our govt has consistently said was really paid for our own personal account? Where is the selfishness in that young feller? I retired 3 years ago, and I'll be 60 in a coupla weeks. LIke many here, I have paid the max in SS for the majority of my working career. And since I don't see SS surviving in its present form for much longer, yeah, I want my money back, and I'm gonna start drawing as soon as I legally can, at 62. My wife has had a similar career as mine, and she'll start drawing the first month she's eligible. I'll let your most insensitive comment slide, cause you are obviously young and don't understand how we older workers feel about this.

Now get out there tomorrow and help fund my next month's SS check and stop bitching.

Its broke.

The only people I see bitching and threatening are those getting it, the same ones that did nothing before. Now its in flames and if we gotta print money, cause of how "older workers feel" about it, then apparently I need to give a fugg. Well, I don't. Why? Cause none of you give a fugg about anyone after you get yours.

Hey stevenson, I hope it runs dry while you're still kickin' and tough enough to still back it up.....

As a fiscal conservative I've never counted on SS, as I could see it had been co-opted as another cash cow that Congress could use to in essence fund their reelection campaigns. As such, I planned my personal retirement investments to try and not be dependent upon it.
The fact it is still here is just icing on the cake. Try putting 15-18% of your income into retirement funding while also being forced to contribute to SS by law. It forced me to be very frugal with my money.

You are whining to the wrong person here boy.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Anyone remember when Homer Simpson was going to gain 400lbs so he could go on SS disability? He was wearing a muu-muu and chit.

hahahaha

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Its broke.

As a fiscal conservative I've never counted on SS, as I could see it had been co-opted as another cash cow that Congress could use to in essence fund their reelection campaigns. As such, I planned my personal retirement investments to try and not be dependent upon it.
The fact it is still here is just icing on the cake. Try putting 15-18% of your income into retirement funding while also being forced to contribute to SS by law. It forced me to be very frugal with my money.

You are whining to the wrong person here boy.

You're the one whining AND collecting, as I already stated.

I don't give two schits about your personal story, its none of my business. It doesn't matter to me if you need it or not.

I don't want it, period. It's a pretty simple attitude to have when facts and common sense collide. I stated as much my very first post, then the butthurt came out.
It's broke and the only ones demanding it stay afloat is "fiscal conservatives" like yourself, not me, you old phouc.

Last edited by HawkI; 07/15/19. Reason: old balls needs some condescension
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Young whiney chunts need to shut up and keep working.
You're a real special kind of misdirected anger youngster aren't you?

And stuff your condescension in your ear, there's lots of room inside there obviously.
You whine like a bitch about paying for something you might not get and "It's all those boomer's fault"
I gave you an example of how to take care of your own retirement and you still want to bitch.
Go get fugged

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You don't owe me [bleep], nor I you, or does that concept not make any [bleep] sense to you geezers?

At 67 years old and still in possession of all my faculties including common sense I find it hard to understand the term fugging senseless geezer. But you are right, I don’t owe you chit. Could care fugging less if you don’t collect a damn thing. I paid my dues, now you pay yours.

Swifty
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Swifty52

At 67 years old and still in possession of all my faculties including common sense I find it hard to understand the term fugging senseless geezer. But you are right, I don’t owe you chit. Could care fugging less if you don’t collect a damn thing. I paid my dues, now you pay yours.

Ok Chairman Mao....

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

And stuff your condescension in your ear, there's lots of room inside there obviously.
You whine like a bitch about paying for something you might not get and "It's all those boomer's fault"
I gave you an example of how to take care of your own retirement and you still want to bitch.
Go get fugged

Read your own words, asshat, then make up some more quotes that aren't mine.

Nothing misdirected at all.

It apparently hit directly....

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I'll dang sure try to get mine back, especially for the many years I was paying 'both sides' of it at 15% being self employed.

That and that fuggin 'medicare tax' too.

I didn't have "mr mcghee" from the chicken plucker plant send in 7.5 % for me.

Well said! I'm in the same boat and I want every dime I'm owed! It's the least the system could do for the contributors!!!! Without us nobody would have received a penny.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Go get fugged

Keep swinging away there dumbass, if you're so smart why don't you fix the system.
Please point out where I misquoted you. Or better yet show on the diagram where the nasty old guy hurt you.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by hanco
Somebody needs to pay for her 15 kids, lets start a go fund the .......... with 15 kids go fund me page. We can start collecting money for her on the campfire. How much could we collect to help her out??

Collect job applications for her & her kids.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I'm currently paying for my parents generation. Before that I paid for my grandparents generation. Soon it will be my turn to collect and you damn sure better pay just like all of us did you little weasel.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I'm currently paying for my parents generation. Before that I paid for my grandparents generation. Soon it will be my turn to collect and you damn sure better pay just like all of us did you little weasel.

And tell me how that math works out, you phuggin tard.

I'll give that Somali girl in the rest home ten bucks to "take care" of you....

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Go get fugged

Keep swinging away there dumbass, if you're so smart why don't you fix the system.
Please point out where I misquoted you. Or better yet show on the diagram where the nasty old guy hurt you.

I don't want any of it; it needs to die, but it won't.

The biggest Ponzi scheme no one will see time for....

The first step in fixing the system is to actually have people interested in fixing the system. It's pretty obvious most of those receiving it aren't interested in anything other than printing more money.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I believe SS was set up as a contract between generations. The contract is that you pay the preceding generations retirement and the next generation pays yours. You and I are not collecting or entitled to what we paid in. I'm 66 and now my kids and kids in-law think it is unfair that they are on the hook for a contract they had nothing to say about. They have a point. Also, the fatal weakness of the SS system is all the workers exempt from it. Railroad workers, state, city, county employees and a whole bunch more don't pay in and a whole lot of people who never paid in anywhere are drawing payments. All this together with the increase in life expectancy has really screwed up the system. So they can call it an entitlement if they wish, but when the younger generation figures out it is worthless to them they can cut us off.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I sure like the 1650.00 showing up the second Wednesday of the month. I pretend it’s my welfare check!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 72 invisible), 3,499 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,402
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.