Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Exactly. Somebody dumps coal on me, with my asthma? They'll have to see if their bad ass truck driving punk ass can out run a 9mm.

You have asthma and bicycle up mountains?

Why not just backpack? Or take up running?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only times I wished I had a Cummins: laugh laugh

Funniest thing I’ve seen in a while.

There's a certain psychology at play where people would find that funny and those same people would be ready to fight if someone did it to their loved ones in the theater parking lot. Some of it is a bully mentality, but I think the bulk of it is that somehow an encounter with someone on a bike is less than a human encounter. I generally have favorable interactions with motorists, and I think that has to do with the fact that I make myself as easy to get along with as possible. About 3 years ago around the fourth of July I dressed myself out in patriotic garb and did a 50 mile ride through the rural countryside. I had never had motorists go to greater lengths to engage respectfully. Wider than normal berths as they passed me. Scrubbing off more speed before passing me. Waiting more patiently than normal. Friendly waves as they passed by. Something about the patriotic attire humanized the encounter.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Paul - The speed limit on this particular road is 35 mph. At 25 mph, in several spots, you would likely have a hard time avoiding a collision. At that speed or slower you would risk causing an accident with other vehicles.

There are roads that are simply not safe for bicyclists.

If that were the case I'd slow my driving down so that I didn't outdrive my line of sight. My experience tells me there can be any number of hazards around a blind bend. Driveway entrances where someone may be pulling out. Mailboxes where a mail carrier is stopped. Stalled vehicles. Tractors. Fallen trees. Livestock. Wild animals. The list goes on. I have a choice as a motorist. Drive at a speed that allows me to react, or drive with negligence. I choose the former.

Bicycles and rabbits arent hazards to my truck..

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by deflave

Exactly. Somebody dumps coal on me, with my asthma? They'll have to see if their bad ass truck driving punk ass can out run a 9mm.

There are no mountains in Michigan.
I bicycle because it's easier on my beat up body and I enjoy riding.
BTW, like Paul Barnard, I always try to stay out of the way of cars while I ride. I don't like how the militant bicyclists choke up the roadways either. They make it difficult for those of us who are trying to enjoy a ride without having some late to work or just impatient azzholes try to kill me.

I learned early on at 10 years old to stay out of car's way. A lady swung wide onto the shoulder and launched me into the ditch and kept on going. Luckily the person who stopped knew the assailant and she was arrested and convicted. The dumb chunt actually said she just didn't like people on her road. Circa 1967

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Paul - The speed limit on this particular road is 35 mph. At 25 mph, in several spots, you would likely have a hard time avoiding a collision. At that speed or slower you would risk causing an accident with other vehicles.

If that were the case I'd slow my driving down so that I didn't outdrive my line of sight. My experience tells me there can be any number of hazards around a blind bend. Driveway entrances where someone may be pulling out. Mailboxes where a mail carrier is stopped. Stalled vehicles. Tractors. Fallen trees. Livestock. Wild animals. The list goes on. I have a choice as a motorist. Drive at a speed that allows me to react, or drive with negligence. I choose the former.

Wrongful death and negligent injury lawsuits tend to be a hazard to the net worth. Assuming there is net worth. Most folks with that mindset ain't smart enough to have accumulated any, and I doubt my heirs want a doublewide with a mortgage on it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

There are no mountains in Michigan.
I bicycle because it's easier on my beat up body and I enjoy riding.
BTW, like Paul Barnard, I always try to stay out of the way of cars while I ride. I don't like how the militant bicyclists choke up the roadways either. They make it difficult for those of us who are trying to enjoy a ride without having some late to work or just impatient azzholes try to kill me.

I learned early on at 10 years old to stay out of car's way. A lady swung wide onto the shoulder and launched me into the ditch and kept on going. Luckily the person who stopped knew the assailant and she was arrested and convicted. The dumb chunt actually said she just didn't like people on her road. Circa 1967

I am more than accommodating of auto traffic. Both out of a sense of safety and courtesy. Sometimes motorists don't get why I do what I do though and become petulant.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 07/15/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The helmet wearing skin tight phfagertry outfit bicyclists are some of the biggest [bleep] on the planet.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
The helmet wearing skin tight phfagertry outfit bicyclists are some of the biggest [bleep] on the planet.

You pay attention to what they wear huh? I couldn't tell you what the last cyclist I encountered was wearing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You pay attention to what they wear huh? I couldn't tell you what the last cyclist I encountered was wearing.

They all dress the same.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

They all dress the same.

Pretty observant of you to realize that.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Learn to drive entitled baby. Is it really that difficult for you to apply gentle counterclockwise pressure to the steering wheel hun?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Wrongful death and negligent injury lawsuits tend to be a hazard to the net worth. Assuming there is net worth. Most folks with that mindset ain't smart enough to have accumulated any, and I doubt my heirs want a doublewide with a mortgage on it.

Lighten up Matilda. You act like an uptight lieberal douchebag dimocrap. Sheesh. Any of you corksuckers ever laugh? Oh never mind.

Are you smart enough to get a clue as to just how much the Fire needs teachers pets like you, running around and telling everyone how they should poo.?

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/15/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

There's a certain psychology at play where people would find that funny and those same people would be ready to fight if someone did it to their loved ones in the theater parking lot. Some of it is a bully mentality, but I think the bulk of it is that somehow an encounter with someone on a bike is less than a human encounter. I generally have favorable interactions with motorists, and I think that has to do with the fact that I make myself as easy to get along with as possible. About 3 years ago around the fourth of July I dressed myself out in patriotic garb and did a 50 mile ride through the rural countryside. I had never had motorists go to greater lengths to engage respectfully. Wider than normal berths as they passed me. Scrubbing off more speed before passing me. Waiting more patiently than normal. Friendly waves as they passed by. Something about the patriotic attire humanized the encounter.

[Linked Image]

Reading about your bad attitude and whosit over there with the 9 mm is it any wonder you get smoke blown in your face
Not to mention the road hogging, like you own it, and the attire.
I definitely keep my distance when I pass a bike but I cannot understand the mentality of bicyclists thinking that they own the road.
Roads were made for cars and trucks and motorcycles, not Bicycles
Do you guys pay road taxes on those bicycles?

Last edited by Jahrs; 07/16/19.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Smart!! That'll only get ya about 10-15 with parole in 7... Brilliant!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Reading about your bad attitude and whosit over there with the 9 mm is it any wonder you get smoke blown in your face
Not to mention the road hogging, like you own it, and the attire.
I definitely keep my distance when I pass a bike but I cannot understand the mentality of bicyclists thinking that they own the road.
Roads were made for cars and trucks and motorcycles, not Bicycles
Do you guys pay road taxes on those bicycles?

Yes. I pay taxes that fund road building and maintenance. I don't hog the road. No matter whether I am walking across the road, bicycling, driving my truck, motorcycling or towing a trailer. I care about other road users and do my best to get them on their way as quickly as I safely can. At the same time, I am not going to apologize when someone has to lift off the gas for a second or two or apply gentle pressure to their steering wheel to move over. Frankly I have no use for a cundt that would whine about that.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Theyre a pain in the ass. On the project I'm working on I have to deal with them daily. I can say most of them are fine but the few that give them a bad rap, deserve to be hit with a skid steer. And some of them might be.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My wife and are are approaching a 4 way intersection with a traffic light. We have the green light and are set to cross the intersection when from our right, comes a suicidal bicyclist. He's on the sidewalk, then into the cross walk, on the wrong side of the road, and going through a red light, and for that matter, a do not walk light for pedestrians. Cathy locked up the brakes, laid on the horn, gave him the stink eye, and used some sailor's language not fit for your tender ears, gentlemen. She couldn't have missed him by more than 6 inches. The dufus is lucky he's alive. Why is it that bicyclists think the rules of the road never apply to them?

Why is it that dumb fugking motorist attribute the actions of a few to a population as a whole?

I will say one good thing about the popularity of bicyclists.

Those bicycle lanes. Those are FUGKING AWESOME.

For realz.

I like them too. A lot times they're open when traffic is heavy so I can cruise right down them.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I am amazed at the number of people here who readily admit they don't have the emotional or intellectual faculties to safely and politely interact with other road users. I drive too. I never have had an issue at all safely or courteously interacting with law abiding cyclists.

I have no problem sharing the road with law abiding bikers and motorists. Both who blatantly break the law are ass holes. The problem with the bikers doing it, is it seems they forget that 200 pounds loses to 3500 pounds every fuc king time.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Well bikers aren't really a hazard. It's more of a speed bump...you just need to slow down a bit when you run over one.

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 61 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,361 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,522
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.