Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Canon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
What states have the highest deer populations<BR>daily bag and possession limits?<P>I'm trying to settle a disagreement between freinds who doubt that some states have a five tag daily limit for the duration of the season.(two bucks and three does ??)Because<BR>our area has a limit of one Muley and one Whitetail tag, one Muley doe(DRAW) and the occasional supplemental WT doe tag, these higher numbers indicated seem unbelievable to some. <BR>Is there a site that would clarify these numbers? Any input is much appreciated.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In GA Bow season starts in Mid September and Gun season ends the first few days of January. We can kill 8 deer, two bucks and six antlerless on doe days which in my area run Nov. 10- Jan 1..South GA doe days are Oct. 27- Jan 6..As far as I know off of Wildlife Management Areas you could theoretically kill all your deer in one day, I don't see anything in the regs about bag limits off the WMA's. I thought it was two a day in GA, but can't see it in the regs.<P>Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here in the Great State of Alabama,we have very strict game limits. Bow Season opens Oct.15th and runs thru Jan.31st,Either sex deer,one per day,every day of the season.<P>Rifle Season opens Nov.17th and runs thru Jan.31st, Two deer per day,every day of the season,one must be a doe or both.This covers the Southern half of the state. In the county where I live,we have 45 Doe days,two does per day,every day,with the remaining days,we are limited to one buck per day,every day thru Jan.31st. It's a hard life but somebody has to live here. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

James
Canon Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
ROTR,Littlebit; Thanks for taking the time.<BR>I was sure the numbers I mentioned were in a post a couple months back but have been unable to locate.<BR>WOW, thats a pile of deer hunting. When do you boys find time to go fishing? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My patience for fishing is about an hour(unless catching a lot [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]), then it's time to walk around the lake and throw rocks or if in a big lake pitch out the ski's and rope.<P>I can set for days, weeks, months on deer stands and enjoy it, but a couple of hours sweltering in the sun on a boat is like hell on earth to me!<P>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Here in sunny California you get 2 tags for diferent zones and different seasons,buck only.....also there are drawing's for some of the better zones and doe tag's....but still only 2 tag's per hunter.....what my question is seeings where 1 deer in m y freezer will last quite awhile....what the heck is someone going to do with all those deer????....2 deer a day for the season.....LOL......better have a BIG freezer.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy...���
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BirdDawg,<P>That's the rules BUT I don't know anybody who shoots that many deer. I usually take 4 or 5 deer every year and that fills my freezer up,quite nicely [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]<P>Well,actually,I have two big freezers.

James
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Eastern NC you get two per day, six per season, two must be does. Combined, season is from Sept. 8 thru Jan 1.<P>I think that in SC the deer season opens in Aug. and runs thru Jan. and you can kill one per day. Now that's a pile!<P>Jeff

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Birddawg You also get a lot of friends and family who want meat but don't or can't hunt or kill a deer [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img] <P>Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Texas game laws on deer are weird. I quote from the regulations. "Counties with a deer season are restricted to the harvest of 3, 4,or 5 deer per hunter. Except on certain properties with MLD permits, no hunter may take more than 5 deer per year state wide (all seasons and counties combined)."<BR>You have to know where you are to know how may deer you can take and the landowners have to have the proper permits and it could drive you nuts if you weren't used to it. Some one buck counties some two.<BR>Seasons all combined Run from Sept 29 (Mule deer Archery) to Feb 3 (South Texas antlerless and spike) generally it is from fist week end in November through first week end in January.<BR>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (257Bob, 270wsmnutt, 35, 338Rules, 358WCF, 58 invisible), 2,837 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,684
Posts18,534,422
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.