Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MikeL2
I've been into Klondike Bars lately, especially the Heath Bar version. And nobody's licking thru their wrappers.

Oh my !!! Love the darn things but they melt instantly. Wear a bib. laugh

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124
For soft serve, the Dairy Creme Corner in Fairmont, WV can't be beat. Tons of flavors, absolutely monster cones, and their funnel cake sundae is to die for. Totally worth the hour drive down I-79 from Morgantown, imo.

Best soft serve I've ever had, and best roadside ice cream stand I've ever stopped at.

Right up the road from me but never been there frown However I've been to the Poky Dot nearby.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
For soft serve, the Dairy Creme Corner in Fairmont, WV can't be beat. Tons of flavors, absolutely monster cones, and their funnel cake sundae is to die for. Totally worth the hour drive down I-79 from Morgantown, imo.

Best soft serve I've ever had, and best roadside ice cream stand I've ever stopped at.

Right up the road from me but never been there frown However I've been to the Poky Dot nearby.

West Va has a very underrated food scene imo, especially for comfort food. Great chili dogs, killer ice cream joints, good Italian restaurants, pepperoni rolls...

I don't know how all of you don't weigh 500 pounds...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Chili dogs for sure but they aren't that great IMHO. Gotta go to Pa for them.

I live back in the hills and a 2 hour drive to get good eats just isn't my preference and just about all the other transplants feel the same.

Will venture to Morgantown soon to check out a couple of Asian & Mex Joints that have good reviews

Throw some recommendations at me, please !!!!

Last edited by 284LUVR; 07/18/19.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tillamook Old Fashioned Vanilla and medium amber maple syrup is so good, I’ve actually contemplated just saying fugkit. I’ll dig my way to happiness with a spoon, get one of them Little Rascal scooters and surrender to the sweat pant life.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

I live back in the hills and a 2 hour drive to get good eats just isn't my preference and just about all the other transplants feel the same.

Will venture to Morgantown so to check out a couple of Asian & Mex Joints that have good reviews

For Italian, Muriales in Fairmont, and Oliverios in Morgantown will get the job done. For hot dogs, we thought Hillbilly hot dogs was kinda gross, but the chili dog joints in Point Pleasant and across the river in Gallipolis OH are good. Gallipolis also has a very good Italian / steak joint, Tuscany. The Italian is good at Tuscany, but the steaks are better. Pepperoni rolls are all over Morgantown, if chili dogs aren't your jam.

We have taken vacations in WV several times, and I gain 10 pounds as soon as I cross the state line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
surrender to the sweat pant life.

Already there.

Damn things can't make up their minds if they wanna stay up or head south

Bought me some red suspenders !!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Will venture to Morgantown so to check out a couple of Asian & Mex Joints that have good reviews

For Italian, Muriales in Fairmont, and Oliverios in Morgantown will get the job done. .

Italian heritage in WV for sure and both mentioned above are the best here but really aren't that good. Worth an honorable mention at best. Seems like they have slid downhill over the years. I can be at Muriales in 90 minutes.

Thinkin',........

Last edited by 284LUVR; 07/18/19.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by kingston
I'm gonna go have a bowl of old fashioned vanilla with maple syrup on top.

I have some of that syrup from DannyL yet......never tried it on ice cream.

Vanilla ice cream and Amish Wedding peaches is good.....with a hot chocolate chip cookie on the bottom.

Uh I don't think beer is your problem little buddy..

Haha!

Its only every couple years I do that.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Culvers - its custard but fuggit, I like it

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Down here close to Oklahoma, Braum’s is hard to beat. Particularly Chocolate Toffee, peppermint, mint chocolate chip, pecans pralines & cream. Oh hell. I like it all.

Blue Bell is good. Married to a Texan, so that’s her choice. Cookie dough two step or done such is my favorite of theirs.

Last night I had huckleberry ice cream on the campus of Utah State University, made in house from their dairy cows. I’ll be going back multiple times in the next 6 months when I’m there for work.

I basically like all ice cream.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Pounded these as a kid in the 70's when you could only get them in the San Francisco Bay Area before it went freakzoid.

[Linked Image]

Yep. Used to head to a place in Berkeley that made good stuff, Bott's?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Pounded these as a kid in the 70's when you could only get them in the San Francisco Bay Area before it went [Linked Image]

Yep. Used to head to a place in Berkeley that made good stuff, Bott's?

Maybe but I never went there. We lived in Napa and Santa Rosa when I was a kid. Although spent lots of time in SF, Oakland, San Jose on the weekends and holidays. For me the big treat was going to Fentons Creamery in Oakland. I got to take my kids there during the 1990's before it burned down and was rebuilt.

Seemed like there was independent creameries everywhere back then making their own ice cream.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
i am #1 when i have money and #2 when i am broke.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
http://roselani.com/

Haupia (Coconut) is my favorite when we're in Hawaii

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Braums Ice Cream is good.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 35 invisible), 2,265 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.