-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
My wife and I meet with four other couples every Wednesday evening and have been for the past 5 or 6 years and we are looking for a bible study guide that goes a little deeper then the study guide that our church produces, which is used for all of our small group bible studies, all the way from new believers to life long believers, so the depth that we are looking for is not there. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Depends on what you're looking for. If you want mainly devotional stuff -- dig deeper yourself - or whoever leads the study. If you want mainly doctrinal stuff -- then get ya a teacher that understands the deeper things of the word of God through study and use. (Heb 5:12-14)

Personally, I don't use study guides since my mind (if I even have a mind smile ) does not always work in the same process as the person who wrote the guide. What I do, and it works for me is to try to let the Holy Ghost guide me into all truth -- the Lord promised he would, and just study, read and work my way through a portion of scripture. I prefer to do a book of the Bible, verse by verse. That works for me, but everyone is different, and if someone needs a study guide, then help yourself. The problem with study guides is you really are trusting the guide to be on the mark.

Probably didn't help you much. Sorry. smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I second what Shootist says.

Study guides have one serious drawback when you begin digging deeper. Every writer must start inserting their own conclusions for the deeper things in God's word. Many things are just not spelled out in such a way that people agree 100 %. This site should be ample proof of that. Any guide you get will have these unavoidable disagreements in them. Some will be written in such a way that many could be sidestepped, but certainly not all. Some guides will not even come close. All will be disappointing at some level. At least that has been my experience.

The issue with digging deeper youself is time, but it is infinitely more rewarding. I would say to use the guide from your church as just that, a guide, and fill in between the points with your own deep study.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 40 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 1,097 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,048
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.