Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
The title is misleading but no matter how you feel about wolves, this is an awesome video.

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/18/19.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Great vid R7, thanks.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tame wild wolves? Hard to believe.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Not much exposure to humans, maybe? Curious?

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

My thoughts also i'm not buying it ...

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I guess they must have....shipped a pack of tame wolves out in the middle of nowhere....and they videoed them doing wolf things and running through the "middle of nowhere" and rounded them all up again and brought them back to the petting zoo.

OK. Got it.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Now all the kids at the county fair can still pet the nice woofy that resides next to the baby goat pen. Wolves love straw and dog food. Just put a quarter in the gumball machine and you get half a hand full off kibbles and bits and those tame ass wolves are your best friend.

If they are ornery, it's probably because of the plane rides.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

Those were not typical of wolves that have been shot at, and with them being in Canada, they have to be somewhere north of Churchill, Manitoba. The bears help keep the human riff-raff down. I would guess that the guide (ATV driver) had a rifle for the bears. Wolves are smart. Very smart. They do not need to get shot at more than once to know that people are bad to be around. Curiosity is part of smart. Wolves that are shot at and trapped are about the most man shy animals I have ever seen. Wolves that do not get shot at are problem wolves re: pets and livestock.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
That video raises my doubts too. I've been canoing northern Manitoba eventually making Hudson's Bay and Churchill three different times and one to Eskimo Point, NWT (now Arivat, Nunavut I believe) and do not recall trees trees such as those growing within a day's paddle of the Bay. I was north of Churchill though, maybe if one goes far enough south trees begin to grow closer to the Bay.

The catch is, the further south of Churchill one goes the number of polar bears drop rapidly. There was a population of these bears as far south as the islands in James Bay back in the 70's but even then the numbers were so low that this was in dispute. That the bear was in a wooded area while ice was forming in the Bay also has me wondering as the primary food of polar bears year round is water based such as seals or dead ocean critters that washed up onto shore and those are not found often in the woods. The furthest from the bay I saw a seal was about 5 miles as the water becomes relatively shallow which takes away much of the protection a seal has.

The coloring of the bear is kind of strange in my opinion. The latest I was up there was early August but even then the bears I saw were more white than the bear depicted. That is a very subjective opinion based on a relatively small sample but it is one more thing to raise questions.

As for the wolves, the couple times I saw them, they were high tailing it away from us. The locals up there shot them regularly and the wolves learned quickly humans were bad news. We were paddling canoes so were fairly quiet and often crept up on wildlife but the locals all had outboard motors on their canoes the noise of which I suspect wolves learned to avoid. The belugas sure did, they would not let a motorized boat approach very closely but the whales would come right up to us as were only paddled. This seemed to be true with other animals as moose, otters, geese, and other creatures would placidly watch us glide on by but as soon as were identified as human by scent or sound the animals left post haste.

I'm not saying this video was staged but it is contrary to my past experiences, some of which were in the general area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I know is the wild wolves we have in Mn. don't tolerate that much human intrusion. If they cross your path, and get your wind they usually take flight.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I'm not saying this video was staged but it is contrary to my past experiences, some of which were in the general area.

The MSM wouldn't do that further their agenda now would they?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anybody can say they are anywhere - remember the english survival guy who was DEEP IN THE WILDERNESS but a vehicle could be seen going down a road in the background .
And yes a pack of tame wolves could easily be taken into any area in montana ,canada,nwt,yukon and film them running towards the Alpo dinner bell .
Get an offroad buggy stuck a couple of times - film it ? yeah it could happen .
I could definately be wrong but I'm not going to believe a pack of wolves will walk up to and hang around a film crew .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike

They havent been shot at enough.

The black female had a bit of a limp, also.

I wonder if the lady we recently read about who had been killed and eaten by wolves felt threatened, until it was too late.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by woodmaster81

The MSM wouldn't do that further their agenda now would they?

Well, they are nice and friendly and only take out the old and sick animals so they dont suffer, Paul. smile

Oh sure, they chase some animals a bit so they get stronger and faster to help them avoid predators like...., uh, nevermind.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/20/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
A timber wolf is not going to come up to a person with my experience . I have land where there are quite a few wolves . It is in N.W. Wisconsin. I have been so close to them that when they started to howl it was piercing. I had a sucker in my canoe at the time and it started to flop in the canoe. The noise from the sucker flopping in the canoe shut their howls up in two seconds . They dont like people at all form my experience and never seen one yet , but have been very close to them while they were howling. They also looked very well fed and perhaps been fed by people, and may have been the reason they walked up on the camera crew.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would have been a lot better if they would have killed em all

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,459
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.