Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
My daughter purchased a Weatherby “Camille last week and found one of the mounting holes in the receiver had damaged threads.

we called Weatherby and they emailed me a return label and sent a shipping container. I shipped it last wed. And they they called today that it was repaired, the entire rifle checked and would ship out today. sure enough got a UPS tracking number that it is on route and scheduled for delivery Thurs am. One week turn around.

That my friends is customer service with a capital S!

Lefty C

Last edited by leftycarbon; 07/16/19.
GB1

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
All that and no written warranty!!!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That is fast turnaround. When it is back in her hands, It would be interesting to see how they repaired it.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Never used their customer service... so far I have not had to. I am a big weatherby fan!

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
got the Weatherby back today, apparently there were some burns in the mounting screw holes. They cleaned them up and put plug screws in. I mounted a pitacany base w/o any issues. 6X42 Leupold mounted.

Trigger set at 3 lbs.

Daughter loves it,

LC

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Imo the Vanguard is one of the best rifles on the market for the money.

The Orion sporting isn't too shabby for the moment rither

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am glad it worked out for you as I found their service to be like most others, very spotty.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I called them 2 weeks ago on a Monday to ask a simple parts question. I got a return call that Friday and the sales rep was clueless. Their CS is spotty as another poster said. They have been great and not so great, I have not had a parts order that was correct since I started owning Weatherby Rifles.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not to be flippant, but the best customer service department is the one you never have to use. I have 5 Mark V rifles, all but one bought used, and never had a minutes trouble with any of them. Happy Trails

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since the wheels seem to grind slowly at Legacy, I wish Weatherby would order up some different varients of the Howa line, like SS Minis w/floorplates for one. They have the clout, and the Vanguards have a slightly better look and feel to them.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WAM
Not to be flippant, but the best customer service department is the one you never have to use. I have 5 Mark V rifles, all but one bought used, and never had a minutes trouble with any of them. Happy Trails

You were fortunate. I had 3 bad ones , none should have left the factory after they were fired and none were Vanguards.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have had several Wby's. I still own two MK V's in 7 Wby & 280 Remington. Of all of my commercial rifles I like them best.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gitem_12

You're right. But, that gun is not made by Weatherby.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WAM

You were fortunate. I had 3 bad ones , none should have left the factory after they were fired and none were Vanguards.

Anything can and will go sideways.

I know a guy that had nothing but trouble with a Mark V .25-06 firing pin retainer. He whined about it forever and shut up when I made a reasonable offer to take it off his hands.

Happy Trails

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I sent a Mark V back years ago, quick turn around.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WAM

Anything can and will go sideways.

I know a guy that had nothing but trouble with a Mark V .25-06 firing pin retainer. He whined about it forever and shut up when I made a reasonable offer to take it off his hands.

Happy Trails

So here is my WHINE about them. If you didn't have a problem with the ones you bought lucky you

The issues I had with the 3 mark V's one 6 lug 2 9 lugs were all machining errors. The 6 lug was a singleshot, it was returned to their service center in Tn and returned the same way, it was finally returned to HQ where they replaced it after a month of dicking with it. The 270 Wby was sold to me by a dickhead that frequents these forums, it had never been properly chambered, although he claimed it shot 1/2"groups . You had to pound the bolt handle shut with a rubber mallett to close the bolt, it was that bad. The Third one shot 6" groups at 100 yards and had to be rebarrelled.

All US made BTW, I never had an issue with the HOWA manufactured ones ever. I have owned a dozen Mark V's if not more.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, I guess if they were all perfect they wouldn’t need customer service. My USA made rifles were built by Saco Defense with Krieger Criterion barrels as best as I can tell. The Howa rifles with hammer forged barrels are very accurate. My experience has been positive and in my opinion the Mark V design is darn near perfect. Too bad we have have to let humans actually make the rifles and introduce flaws! LOL! My .30-06 lightweight is very finicky about loads it will shoot well. I spent a ton of money on premium ammunition until I found something that it shot well. That is my only complaint. Happy Trails

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The Orion sporting isn't too shabby for the moment rither

Could have been a Mark V. Weatherby has a Vanguard Camilla and a Mark V Camilla.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I’ve dealt with Weatherby customer service twice and was very pleased.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by WAM

Agree! I own, or have owned, 4 Wbys, three MkV's and one Vanguard, and never had to return one except to replace a barrel with too many rounds down the tube.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 3,392 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,374
Posts18,469,379
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.