Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Fun to watch... and some wonder why we live in AK. And this is probably the most heavily fished spot in Alaska!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I could probably even catch a fish there.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dhart
I could probably even catch a fish there.

If you can't, get with me for reco on the right suicide method! wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
pretty cool...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd guess an egg pattern would be a good choice.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Must suck to live in AK. 😬

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hey Art!

Was going up the river today when I noticed two mini jet boats on the bank getting ready. Reminded me of you.

Then we had folks out fishing and one zooms by, hits a gravel bar, and rolled it sideways completely upside down., Thankfully the 2 kids got out, and rolled it right over again and pushed into the river and took off about the time Dad came following up the rear.

Have not seen quite that type of feeding frenzy yet, but its starting to get close at times... eggs are falling... fish are hungry.

CHL... its not for everyone. Grinning.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I've been known to slum around downstream of the cleaning tables once or twice. It usually pisses off the German tourists as they think you're catching their fish, or at least it did one time.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Hey Art!

Was going up the river today when I noticed two mini jet boats on the bank getting ready. Reminded me of you.

Then we had folks out fishing and one zooms by, hits a gravel bar, and rolled it sideways completely upside down., Thankfully the 2 kids got out, and rolled it right over again and pushed into the river and took off about the time Dad came following up the rear.

Have not seen quite that type of feeding frenzy yet, but its starting to get close at times... eggs are falling... fish are hungry.

Jeff

Seeing many silvers up your way yet?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
Originally Posted by rost495
Hey Art!

Jeff

Seeing many silvers up your way yet?

funny you should mention that. I was the first one here with a couple of folks to catch the first one yesterday. They caught 4-5 today this morning. I did not, only a few sockeyes etc...
They are not here in numbers at all. but its gotta be getting close. Funny the chum should be here but we only see a few a day. And they are not aggressive at all. Most kings are gone. The pinks are thick. But them biting comes in spurts. 100 plus fish one trip, not many the next.

But stupid boaters are here.. one jumped a gravel bar, I mean you can't SEE the flat water? Boom, to my back. I"m on the bank working on reds, turn around, see the boat in the air headed my way, and thinking, hmmm at least its going to land not on top of me, and then it hits and slams the bank, almost sinking the back end. At least it was 25 feet or so off to my side instead of killing me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I found a couple today, managed to get one to the net. Tons of pinks and hungry dollys. As far as stupid boaters go, I'm actually surprised there are not more deaths or serious injury accidents up here. Awful lot of dummies on the water with no clue.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There was a miniboater killed not long ago...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
they are not even LOOKIN', they are just GRABBIN'

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Love me some pan fried dollies. How’s the 2nd run of reds shaping up Art? On the east coast at the moment wishing I was fishing the Kenai for big reds.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Shaping up to be another good one. There seem to be a lot of pinks for an odd year.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Love me some pan fried dollies.

Always felt dollies from the saltwater, feeding on salmon fry and sand lances, are superior to salmon egg gorging, freshwater ones.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I just learnt something !

I always thought Doll Varden were Grayling !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was once fishing Oregon's Metolius when a bank roaming kid informed me there were some really big Dolly Partons near by.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by 1minute
Was once fishing Oregon's Metolius when a bank roaming kid informed me there were some really big Dolly Partons near by.

That would be called Hooter Hunting around here! BTW - that's a hooter (aka Blue or Sooty Grouse) pictured in my avatar.

Last edited by MuskegMan; 07/23/19.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Well, I just learnt something !

I always thought Doll Varden were Grayling !

Graying are just over-dressed whitefish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

276 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 33 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.