Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I retired the week that obuma was elected.

The wife said to me. "You've got five years left in you."
I told her, "I'm not giving it to them."

Great quote.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by nealglen37
If a democrat wins the presidency (I hope they don't, then I'm retiring). I am in my mid 50s and can take an early retirement, it will bring in about 2,500 per month. My house and car are paid for. I am a single male with no dependents, and I have simple tastes. In addition I know the country will be soon be running off the cliff. The only reason I still work now is we have great heath benefits where I work. Anyone else considering it?

$2500.00 a month won’t go far, you better hang in there and work another decade and invest wisely. In 15 years $2500.00 a month won’t buy you a weeks groceries and a tank of gas. There’s lots of people living under the interstate that thought they were ready before they weren’t...

Word.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If a democrat is elected....ima gonna do like I did last time.

Get drunk and carry on like always.

What will you do when they make Alcohol illegal ? and introduce sharia law.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Sounds a lot like the lefties moving to Canada if they didn't get their way.

You are working for yourself, not some poncy lefty so don't use them as an excuse.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If a democrat wins the presidency (I hope they don't, then I'm retiring). I am in my mid 50s and can take an early retirement, it will bring in about 2,500 per month. My house and car are paid for. I am a single male with no dependents, and I have simple tastes. In addition I know the country will be soon be running off the cliff. The only reason I still work now is we have great heath benefits where I work. Anyone else considering it?

Well what is your reasoning, how does a democrat enter into your decision, paying taxes?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To gross 2500 per month from a 401K you need about

2500X25X12= about 750K in an account. Naturally if you wanted to clear 2500 then you need tax allocation.

3333X25X12= the cool 1 million dollar figure that people toss around. This is the 4% rule designed to allow a nominal 30 year nest egg. 3333 would probably get the 2500 after tax net. So a million is not that much anymore.

Social security is about 20% of your highest pay as an estimate at 62 if you have 20+ or so years, I forget. But probably 1800/mo?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
When (not IF) a Dem takes the WH again, and they have control of both houses I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go after the 401k's. There was already some talk about it when Obama was in office.

Yep. They wanted to nationalize private retirement accounts.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by tikka77
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If a democrat is elected....ima gonna do like I did last time.

Get drunk and carry on like always.

What will you do when they make Alcohol illegal ? and introduce sharia law.

Uphoald my Oath...…...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the past there have been Dem plans to federalize retirement plans, IRA's, 401K's, etc. They take them, give your money to those who don't work, then pay you a monthly allowance. If they get control of both houses, expect these plans to quickly reemerge.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
To be clear: It does not matter who wins the next election. Whoever gets elected will not make you sick, or keep your from getting sick. Or make you eligible for social security or medicare one day sooner.

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
When (not IF) a Dem takes the WH again, and they have control of both houses I wouldn't be at all surprised if they go after the 401k's. There was already some talk about it when Obama was in office.

Hey Monkey-Man, I have the pasture all mowed so you can collect the Troll Patrol and come here for "The Great Pindale Campfire" you promised all those years ago. Of course several have died and one killed by drug mules but you can probaably round up enough to fill the hole.

You're cuter than ever !

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If a democrat wins the presidency, they will promise us everything, give us nothing, and then blame it on something else. Like Republicans, or climate change, or whatever. Sound familiar ? It's called "Fundamentally transforming America", and it will be the "new normal".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If a democrat gets elected, I'm planning on becoming the largest warlord in the NW in the economic chaos that will follow. I'll be taking applications for regional lieutenant warlords after the election. The vice grand warlord position will be picked via a beauty pageant, no application necessary laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WhiteWhiskers

Hey Monkey-Man, I have the pasture all mowed so you can collect the Troll Patrol and come here for "The Great Pindale Campfire" you promised all those years ago. Of course several have died and one killed by drug mules but you can probaably round up enough to fill the hole.

You're cuter than ever !

Larry Root!! You stupid son of a bitch!!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Who the hell is Larry Root??

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my plan is to retire in may 2024. i think this country will be in the schitter thereabouts for a decade or more so i am rethinking it.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boyd45
Nealglen: Think about your health, and how it may change as you age. The amount of money you will spend for medication and medical treatments and care will increase with age. Will you be eligible for Social Security as well as your pension? You will not be medicare eligible until 65, and one serious illness can result in bankruptcy.

Can one still plan on Medicare or will the age change just like benefits has?? Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Any idea you might consider: draw your monthly retirement but get a job you like that pays your health insurance. But don't change your spending habits. Get paid from your monthly retirement and then work for a paycheck. That way you stockpile money while double dipping.

And if the new boss is an arse, tell him to kiss yours. It's a great feeling.

Last edited by flagstaff; 08/26/19.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.