Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
She has ruled that the Greenville, SC school district can't use any Christian references or music in it's graduation ceremonies. This clearly violates the 'free exercise thereof' part of the 1st Amendment.
The judge is Federal Judge Bruce Hendricks who is a woman although I don't know if she's always been a woman or if her parents just liked boys' names.
ANTI-CHRISTIAN JUDGE

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If they are so offended, perhaps they'd better not accept any sort of American currency marked "In God We Trust"...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I didn't think congress was involved here.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Political Correctness is a direct attack on the 1st Amendment but the democrats scream and the republicans cower.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The house will be right with him/her/it in that stupid decision. Were it me running the school I'd press the issue by doing what I pleased and let the judge worry about enforcing the stupid ruling.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They push, we back down, they win. Wash, rinse, repeat.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

You might want to look up the Supremacy Clause, and how it is applied to the constitution.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was a kid in 1st grade we said grace before eating. The supreme court stopped that in 1962

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
She has ruled that the Greenville, SC school district can't use any Christian references or music in it's graduation ceremonies. This clearly violates the 'free exercise thereof' part of the 1st Amendment.
The judge is Federal Judge Bruce Hendricks who is a woman although I don't know if she's always been a woman or if her parents just liked boys' names.
ANTI-CHRISTIAN JUDGE

Okay, I'm an athiest...And this [bleep] isn't right.

The ONLY way they can get away with this is if they disallow ANY and ALL expressions by students. No logo shirts of any kind, no music of any kind; nothing. They cannot allow any expression of faith or faith tradition from ANY other religion.

The school cannot promote Christianity. If the school decides to hold a prayer, or play Christian music; that is crossing the line according to the constitution and case law. But if they allow ANY student to choose music, then you cannot exclude the Christian students.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The Supreme Court said that the 14th Amendment means that the Bill of Rights applies to state governments as well. It does this because it says that states cannot deprive people of their "liberty" without due process of the law.

The way the courts get around the Bill of Rights is by the use of incorporation at so many levels. Corporations have powers and duties but not rights per se.

The word means Corporation "creation of the state' and so anything the state or the Fed "creates" it has jurisdiction over. Then they often add verbiage stating that rights enumerated in the Bill of rights are exempt from the "incorporation" and no deprivation is to addresses because no one forces you to use the incorporation. They will usually lie to people and tell them they are required to contract, but if pressed to the wall and forced to show the actual law, they back down knowing no such law exists as it would be struck down because it would violate the Bill of Rights. A prime example is the Marriage License. If you have freedom of religion and you do NOT have a preexisting contract giving a duty to the state, the state cannot give any regulations on religious activities and /or prohibit the FREE exercise thereof. So they lie to you.
All cops are told the can lie to the public. So are judges, prosecutors and all members of the BAR, as well as all members of the Congress and Senate. They have written into the "laws" that they are allowed to lie to the public, but never is the public allowed to lie to them.
Look it up if you think I am wrong.
You'll find I am not.

As an example, the reason that bakery lost their first case in the assault of the gays trying to force them to bake a cake was that the prosecution attacked the corporation, but NOT the individual bakers. The Bakers (owners) were corporate officers and therefore had to pay the fines (before the reversal) but the plaintiff never specifically said a word about the individuals in the complaint. Only the Corporation.

Often the governments claims are false, and in others, the contracts with said incorporation is under fraud, for a myriad of reasons, but the legal Strategy is to make the plaintiff carry ALL the burden of the case financially, and over time. Fraud is fraud from it's inception, not from it's discovery. So they have no grounds to defend themselves from. At that point they play the "money and time game", hoping the plaintiff will simply run out of motivation and money and go away. In most cases they are correct, and the violated members of the people simply give up.

The chilling effect is evident, and the wearing down of the opposition is the game plan. They can't win unless the plaintiff in the case runs out of time, money, or violates one of several small details necessary to bring the case forward, causing them to dismiss without granting any justice at all.
We do NOT have a justice system and have not for many years.
It has degenerated into a legal system.

Last edited by szihn; 07/22/19.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
America as traditionally been a christian nation. The further we move away from it, via court rulings, Hollywood movies, school indoctrination, etc, the worse off we are as a country.

No man is so blind as the one that refuses to see.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like him or not (and I don't) the appointment of judges is why it's paramount that Trump is re-elected.

Sadly judges are no longer concerned with justice or the rule of law.....they're activists.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm an atheist also, and wouldn't be the least bit offended by christian music or the mention of religion at the graduation. The judge should be run out of office in my opinion. The judge is looking to offend people, the kids aren't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by WoodrowFCall

You might want to look up the Supremacy Clause, and how it is applied to the constitution.

That being the case, I'm guessing that a public school cannot "respect" a religion, but can't prevent the students from practicing said religion.

Well, we don't rent pigs, and it's better to say it right up front because a man who does like to rent pigs is — well, he's hard to stop.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That school should proceed as planned. What’s the judge going to do? Advancing a political agenda from the bench and ignoring the constitution is reason enough to tell that faqqot judge to go suck a dick.

I’ve always ignored stupid and unconstitutional laws and will happily continue to do so. I have no problem breaking or ignoring any and all laws that are in contravention of my God-given rights, rights that are NOT subject to the state’s threats of revocation or suspension. I’ll not allow the state, through incrementalism, to turn me into a subject! I’m a free man and I have rights that are inalienable, rights that were endowed by my creator, rights that are NOT subject to government suspension or revocation since they’re not the property of the state nor are they derived by the power of government. I’ll use one right to protect the others....

Our judicial system has become a political weapon that’s used to subjugate us while at the same time bestowing power and prestige upon criminal illegal aliens that seeks to protects their “rights” to the detriment of ours. I hope that I live to see the day that we reaffirm our collective rights and eliminate all of our domestic enemies by refreshing the tree of liberty. Judges like the one above should be at the top of the list when that day comes. They should be the first ones, along with many politicians, to fertilize the tree of liberty.

The public schools in my area still say the pledge, sing patriotic songs and even sing songs that reference our creator. They have a beautiful and touching assembly on Veterans Day with all branches of service present and men from every war including WWII in attendance. The kids sing each services song and recognize all the veterans in attendance. The Veterans Day assembly is the biggest one of the school year and is done with the utmost respect for the sacrifices of our brave warriors. The first time I went to the Veterans Day assembly I was awestruck by the patriotism and reminded of the nostalgia from days gone by. It was so touching a display that I get a bit of dust in my eyes each time I attend their assembly and I look forward to it each year. For Memorial Day my daughter’s leadership class spent 2 days cleaning the headstones and placing flags on the graves of our local veterans cemetery. The high school yearbook has a lot of pictures of young men and women with their rifles and shotguns enjoying their time afield. I’d venture to guess that most schools in our country aren’t as retarded as the ones we read about. Look at the red/blue election map and see how much red there is. The red areas are generally less ridiculous than the blue areas and despite the stupidity constantly proffered by the blue areas it doesn’t affect the red areas as much as people think. The red areas quietly go about their lives like Americans have done for more than 200 years and don’t GAF about the silliness that dominates the blue areas. There’s many places in this great country that are relatively unchanged and unaffected by judicial activism but those places don’t get the headlines or attention......and thank God for that!

Best judicial system my ass.....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
"You might want to look up the Supremacy Clause, and how it is applied to the constitution."

This thought process is exactly what I was talking about up above.
You see that is the result of the so-called education system shoved on all of us including lawyers in law school

BUT --------- Let me give you a few facts, dates and definitions that cannot be denied and let you see what the historical truth is.

The Main body of the US Constitution was passed in 1989. It is the articles 1 through 7.
In 1791 the Bill of Rights was passed into law and it is 10 AMENDMENTS! 1791 is AFTER 1789.
Amendments amend!
Amend means "to abolish or alter the law that preceded"

So go back the read all of the seven articles and see what you can find that was amended. (at 10 grade reading level it takes only 13 minutes)

(I'll give you a hint....it was the Supremacy Clause". In fact, it was specifically the supremacy clause. Nothing else!)

The government goes to extreme lengths with it's lies to try to convince all of the people that the Federal Government is "the boss", and the Supremacy Clause is still law, but it was AMENDED!!!!! Remember the Feds and the States have ALL passed "laws" that say it's ok for them to lie to you!

Lets go on and read the 9th and 10th amendments and see what the LAW actually says.

Amendment #9 (which abolished or altered the Supremacy Clause in 1791) The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment #10 (which abolished or altered the Supremacy Clause in 1791) The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Until the 9th and 10th amendment are repealed formally the states and the people are the boss over the feds, not the otehr way around.
The so-called "Supremicy Clause" has not been positive Law in 228 years!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Virginian2
Political Correctness is a direct attack on the 1st Amendment but the democrats scream and the republicans cower.

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
What's the judge going to do?

Hold them in contempt, fine them, and put them in jail. That's what.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/22/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is obviously an establishment case and the decision appears to be in line with precedent which the judge MUST follow. If you don't like it your bitch is with the Supreme Court.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Wow, So people don't have the right to serve God now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 260Remguy, 44 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,689
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.