Campfire Regular
S

GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Not factory, but a Rem 700, 6.5 CM in McWoody Mtn. Rifle stock with NF 3-10 SHV, Timney 510 trigger, Shilen SS barrel.

Sub half inch shooter. I agree with the Mtn Rifle profile. I like the slim grip and profile. To me, it's about optimal.

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In my estimation, Remington hit it out of the park with the mountain rifle stock.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Three pages of dribble, and not an ounce of insight to the original question. Nice use of bandwidth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac1978
Three pages of dribble, and not an ounce of insight to the original question. Nice use of bandwidth.

Holy sheeeit! Look who made it out of the classifieds forum!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Mac1978

Since your counting that would be two pages. Btw what did YOU contribute?.... is that crickets I hear?

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No, but I got you low processors fired up, and that makes me happy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You should be part of a solution not the problem. Keep up the positive attitude mac.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
And the only reason I’m out of the classifieds is that someone sent me a pm to look at these geniuses running pointlessly in circles. It’s painful. Carry on

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You must be duncle baby sticks illegitimate baby. The inbreeding continues, nice. Lol

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m thinking the reason there’s so much wasted bandwidth.... is because nobody actually owns one of these rigs, and for good reason.

I see absolutely no reason to go Rem. Mtn. Rifle in any caliber anymore.... the Tikka flat KILLS that platform. Better barrel, better trigger, better milk jug, better accuracy, way easier to shoot, 2.95” Mag, equal (or lighter) weight, bolt won’t snap off, etc.

I’d wrap 3 “mountain rifles” around trees clawing my way to a Tikka SL in 6.5 Creed....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Not the thread for logic Dog...

I'm fact it never is on 24HC anymore...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^^^^^ That in spades!

I've got a 700 1-8" .260 take off sporter contour that shoots 147's really good in a McM Hunter (Edge fill) and if I was building today, it'd be a 6.5 Creedbro Tikka in the same stock.

Last edited by Higbean; 07/23/19.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you want a REAL Mountain Rifle in 6.5 CM just buy a Kimber Adirondack . Mine shoots lights out with the Hornady Precision Hunter Factory Loads.
And is light as a feather.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/adirondack

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/23/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Went to sportsman’s warehouse yesterday with my boy.
Asked if they have their run of tikka t3x 6.5 super lite.
That Was a Mistake... as it fallowed me home
I really like the 7-08, But I have a 270 and 06, and felt it was too much over lap.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I’m thinking the reason there’s so much wasted bandwidth.... is because nobody actually owns one of these rigs, and for good reason.

I see absolutely no reason to go Rem. Mtn. Rifle in any caliber anymore.... the Tikka flat KILLS that platform. Better barrel, better trigger, better milk jug, better accuracy, way easier to shoot, 2.95” Mag, equal (or lighter) weight, bolt won’t snap off, etc.

I’d wrap 3 “mountain rifles” around trees clawing my way to a Tikka SL in 6.5 Creed....

Dog has a way with prose and analogies. No one compares to Dogisms. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Hope he is a long, slow thinker ... wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

Having had both, the 700 Mountain Rifle is a better platform than the Tikka. The factory stock is better, and while the Tikka get's the nod for the best trigger because the new X-Mark Pro triggers suck, and more importantly, the Remington is all metal, not part plastic as is the Tikka.

Now, as far as accuracy goes, that will of course vary from rifle to rifle, and Tikkas are known for their out of the box accuracy. The 700 MR that I had was in 7-08, and I used the bullets and powder I had on hand, so my experience with it was somewhat limited. I was not overwhelmed by how good it shot, but to be fair, I didn't shoot it very much, either. I'm sure I could have worked up some loads that would have sot well.

It all depends on what one likes, as either is a good choice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I want a stainless 6.5 Creed, and can't make up my mind as to which one to buy. I'd been kicking around the idea of either a 700 Mountain Rifle, or one of the new stainless Model 7's in 6.5. My concern is how well these lightweight rifles will shoot. I had a Mountain Rifle in 7-08, and it fit me very nicely, and I liked the feel of it, however, it did not shoot as well as I'd liked. I have a matte finish 700 SPS in 6.5 CM and it's a good shooter, but that's a 24 inch barrel that's a little heavier than what you'll find on a 700 MR or the Model 7.

I've got an opportunity to buy a Tikka stainless in 6.5, and I know all about their reputation, and lot's of people like them, but I'm a dyed in the wool fan of the 700 and 7 rifles, and it's going to take a lot for me to change that. Mountain Rifle's are nice, and I doubt I'm going to be doing any long range shooting, but I know that the one I had in 7-08 was not as accurate as I'd liked at 300 yards.

I really wish Remington would make the SPS in stainless 6.5, and I can't really understand why they haven't. That would be the way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

I was a die hard Remington fan too until I took a chance on a (had not handled one ) Fieldcraft. Surely they will discount them again this year.

I handled a Fieldcraft at Whitakers yesterday, and it is a nice rifle.....but, I'm just not in to rifles that are the ADL style as the Fieldcrafts are. Call me old fashioned, but I like being able to unload one by dumping them out the bottom, not by having to cycle the bolt on every round. Other than that, the Barrett would be a fine choice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cycling the bolt on each round could imply that you are chambering each round and then ejecting it. This is more inconvenient than bumping each round out of the magazine with the bolt nose and letting it fall into your hand. It doesn't take much to get proficient at that. I just wanted to clear that up, so someone doesn't learn to chamber each round while unloading, that's certainly more dangerous.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by GregW
I'm just not sure why these days folks would buy that rifle over a Tikka SL or Fieldcraft in 6.5 Creed these days....

Because the fit of the tikka sucks and it's 1/3 the cost of the Fieldcraft.

How exactly does the Tikka suck? My expiereance with newer Remingtons isnt exactly confidence inspiring. I hate to say it,as I had good luck with them for years, but the latest ones are pure garbage.

Last edited by BWalker; 07/24/19.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222ND, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,503
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.