Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Communists will own this country inside of 20 years and Caucasians will become a minority at about the same time.

You won't be able to leave then, either.

Lincoln set that precedent.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The Communists will own this country inside of 20 years and Caucasians will become a minority at about the same time.

You won't be able to leave then, either.

Lincoln set that precedent.

Yeah but, America!!! Frick yeah!! Go team!!!

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hood was a good general brigadier general taking orders Clebuurne should have had hoods position but instead was slaughtered amongst many others at Franklin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by battue
You should really try to understand Sherman, rather than dwell on what you think he should have done.

Sherman:

“My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.”

But just like the Irish and the war crimes of Cromwell the South never learned to fear Yankees, just hate them for 150 years and more.

I understand how the feeling could have a time frame and admit Sherman miscalculated how his words would be taken. But150 years???? Please, it is the same as slavery. None living today had slaves and none think it was right. To say any hate today’s Yanks, 150 years later, who had nothing to do with any of it, is the same as blacks beetching to me about slavery. They have to look at in the context of the times, while accepting the country has moved on, while respecting their sacrifices. So do any Southerns still carrying a CW grudge after 150.

And for clarification, I think the South has every right to keep it’s memorials to those who stood for their country when it was the Confederacy. Brave men and women sacrificed greatly during that period of our history and their deeds and memory should not be discarded.

Last edited by battue; 07/23/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Robert_White
You should really try to understand Sherman, rather than dwell on what you think he should have done.

Sherman:

“My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.”

But just like the Irish and the war crimes of Cromwell the South never learned to fear Yankees, just hate them for 150 years and more.

I understand how the feeling could have a time frame and admit Sherman miscalculated how his words would be taken. But150 years???? Please, it is the same as slavery. None living today had slaves and none think it was right. To say any hate today’s Yanks, 150 years later, who had nothing to do with any of it, is the same as blacks beetching to me about slavery. They have to look at in the context of the times, while accepting the country has moved on, while respecting their sacrifices. So do any Southerns still carrying a CW grudge after 150.

And for clarification, I think the South has every right to keep it’s memorials to those who stood for their country when it was the Confederacy. Brave men and women sacrificed greatly during that period of our history and their deeds and memory should not be discarded.

It is very simple. We don’t hate Yankees because there was a war that we lost. There was a war because we hate Yankees and they hated us. We haven’t forgotten the reasons we hate them. Whenever we think about easing up on our feelings about them, some more of them more down and remind us why they are the scourge of the earth.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I guess I’m a Yankee (funny, I don’t feel like a Yankee, I’m just some guy living his life, doing his job, being a good husband and father, and trying to fish more than I do) but I don’t hate y’all. Maybe some of y’all, but not all y’all. And the ones I hate, I hate for a reason, not because of an accident of birth.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
This is getting silly now.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just so you know I don’t hate you. I know you are an assshole, but I don’t hate you for it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We don’t hate you as long as you stay there, leave us the frick alone, and don’t tell us what to do. Do that and you’re fine. The thing is, Yankees never do that. They always know better.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
We don’t hate you as long as you stay there, leave us the frick alone, and don’t tell us what to do. Do that and you’re fine. The thing is, Yankees never do that. They always know better.

According to this post, you sound like you are more Yankee than Southern. You know everything about everyone above the line and have to tell all about it. And that is some funny schittt coming from you.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And the thing is, most of you on this thread are historical illiterates. Not every person from the North is a Yankee. Do your research and you’ll see where the Yankees came from, what sort of people they were, and then you can spot them and their literal and spiritual descendants today.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/23/19.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Gold.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Literal and spiritual descendants? As they would say in the 60’s. “That’s deep man.”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Literal and spiritual descendants? As they would say in the 60’s. “That’s deep man.”

Don’t come to a thread about history without knowing the first damned thing about it.

You can still spot Yankee immigration patterns by how states go in presidential elections.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/23/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks for your astute contributions to the subject.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hood was one of the better tactical brigade and maybe division commanders, but with an army he was completely out of his realm.
After he got shot up at Gettysburg, he was in Richmond for most of his recovery. While there he got to rubbing elbows with the confederacy's upper crust, and became friends with Jefferson Davis.
Joe Johnson was commander of The Army of Tennessee, he did a pretty good job of avoiding catastrophe facing Sherman's Army Group. Trouble was Davis didn't see it as avoiding catastrophe, he saw it as avoiding a fight.
He replaced Johnson with Hood, and the rest, as the saying goes, is history.
Hood weakened the army trying to force Sherman away from Atlanta, and pretty much Wrecked it at Franklin against Schofield. Till he got done with it at Nashville, The Army of Tennessee was nothing but an armed mob.
Joe Johnson rebuilt it, but he wasn't much of a threat to Sherman then. "I can only annoy him".
I think Johnson in 1864 understood Northern Moral and Lincoln's reelection, and did his best trading Territory for time. Davis was unable to see it that way, and he had a hardon for Joe Johnson anyway.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JoeBob

According to this post, you sound like you are more Yankee than Southern. You know everything about everyone above the line and have to tell all about it. And that is some funny schittt coming from you.

That’s funny as hell. I don’t give a crap what you do and I sure as hell don’t know better. Battue is 100% right, including the part about me being an [bleep].

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Hood was one of the better tactical brigade and maybe division commanders, but with an army he was completely out of his realm.
After he got shot up at Gettysburg, he was in Richmond for most of his recovery. While there he got to rubbing elbows with the confederacy's upper crust, and became friends with Jefferson Davis.
Joe Johnson was commander of The Army of Tennessee, he did a pretty good job of avoiding catastrophe facing Sherman's Army Group. Trouble was Davis didn't see it as avoiding catastrophe, he saw it as avoiding a fight.
He replaced Johnson with Hood, and the rest, as the saying goes, is history.
Hood weakened the army trying to force Sherman away from Atlanta, and pretty much Wrecked it at Franklin against Schofield. Till he got done with it at Nashville, The Army of Tennessee was nothing but an armed mob.
Joe Johnson rebuilt it, but he wasn't much of a threat to Sherman then. "I can only annoy him".
I think Johnson in 1864 understood Northern Moral and Lincoln's reelection, and did his best trading Territory for time. Davis was unable to see it that way, and he had a hardon for Joe Johnson anyway.
7mm

Speaking of General John Bell Hood for whom Fort Hood was named for, this will piss you off.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/tex...e-generals-name-huge-texas-military-base

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Sherman:

You make it sound a little like Sherman was out for vengeance over the Confederacy's starting the war. I know at the time an awful lot of people in the north felt that way.
As far as the March to the Sea advancing Lincoln's reelection, I don't buy that. A lot of people in the northern states, including Lincoln himself, were worried about Sherman being destroyed or trapped. They were very relieved when Uncle Billy finally reached Savannah in December.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I saw that the other day on Real Clear History. Renaming bases hasn't really been seriously discussed (yet) but the House is pushing to make DOD stop using names or words that commemorate anything having to do with the Confederacy.
This of course is another example of democratic pandering to Blacks. It'd be nice if they'd try pandering to Americans by maybe closing the border or fighting government corruption! crazy
I scares the heck outta me what happens when they regain control.
One really has to wonder what might happen these SJWs and politicians did something to help Black communities instead of stirring up heartache over something that happened long ago.
7mm

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 07/23/19.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 1badf350, 338reddog, 117LBS, 204guy, 20 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,446
Posts18,528,796
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.