Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 117 1 2 3 4 116 117
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There is no conflict between scientific evolution and the Biblical version of creation. Only the timeline is different. Saying it happened in 6 days is metaphorical. No one ever believed that, even Christians when Jesus walked the earth understood that. It seems that some of us have gotten dumber as time passes.

That some sort of evolution happened is irrefutable. Exactly how it happened is yet to be determined and there are many theories. When God wants us to know he'll explain it. Till then I have more important things to worry about.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your scientific
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Stagnation is extinction. EVERYthing changes in response to the (also changing) environment. That's how evolution happens and why it MUST happen.

Rock- That was rather eloquent. Bravo.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
isn't creationism a theory?

No. It is a belief. IMO

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

it's all a theory for us humans.

we don't know where we are.

we don't know where we've been.

certainly we don't know where we headed next.

we've got dna that some seriously call junk dna.

others are beginning to place a high value on this "junk" dna.

ever see a common monkey walking around on the moon in a suit?

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
and most all believed the earth was flat....

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Gus

That's deep man....

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Perhaps I see it differently than some here. To me to jump in feet first with evolution, and just evolution is to deny the existence of God.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
There is no conflict between scientific evolution and the Biblical version of creation. Only the timeline is different. Saying it happened in 6 days is metaphorical. No one ever believed that, even Christians when Jesus walked the earth understood that. It seems that some of us have gotten dumber as time passes.

That some sort of evolution happened is irrefutable. Exactly how it happened is yet to be determined and there are many theories. When God wants us to know he'll explain it. Till then I have more important things to worry about.

While I agree with much of what you're saying, there remains a very large majority of evangelical Christians in the US who completely believe the young earth theory.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Gus

That's deep man....

that just barely scratches the surface of this often subject on the fire.

but, do you accept those "facts" or do you disagree with one or more of them?

feel free, it costs nothing. but if you want popcorn it's a $1.00. melted butter for free.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Perhaps I see it differently than some here. To me to jump in feet first with evolution, and just evolution is to deny the existence of God.
Well yes and no. It does contradict the existence of God in the Theist sense of...God as the 3 most prevalent religions claim God to be. But it does not disprove the existence of a creator.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by JMR40

While I agree with much of what you're saying, there remains a very large majority of evangelical Christians in the US who completely believe the young earth theory.

now that we're on the subject yet again (will it ever go away?), if the urth is 6,000 years old is it now still a young earth, or has it become an old urth?

when will the change occur in the future, or when did it occur in the past?

that is, by my human age stds, 6,000 years is more than a day?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Here's a simple definition.

Biological evolution = Change in the gene pool of a population through the generations by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

That definition does not say man evolved from bacteria. That would be another topic, which is what it seems many here focus on. Saying evolution doesn't exist is a belief, not a theory.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
think about this. man is the only animal that eats and wipes its a$$ with its same paw

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Monkeys in space...it's been done.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

AGREED X2 >but on the lighter side i wished our dear lord would have made women easier to live with

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Where did all the salt water fish come from? Maybe they adapted to salt water ....
There were all kinds of animals , and insects on the ark, and millions of insects can live in water.
Why are a all humans not black??? Here is your answer. It does not take all that long for a race of people to become black. There is no doubt , even the Native American indians are not as dark as they were 200 yrs ago, even the pure blooded indians. . In 1000 yrs I doubt they will be any darker than most white people.

Although I strongly doubt you want a real answer and are just looking for a debate . Here goes my questions to you. If evolution really happened, how did it happen? I never hear a satisfactory answer. I have debated people on this board and asked what does a deer know what to eat? The answer was the ones that ate meat , died, the ones that ate grass lived. My question then is, who told them to eat? To eat what , when to breed, how to repopulate, how the fawns know enough to get milk from mom??? Creationist answer : OH, it's instinct!!! My next question: who gave them the instinct? My question, how did this world even get here? Creationist answer usually goes like this . There was an explosion and the world was created from the energy and that created matter!!! My next question is,, where did the energy come from? You can not get energy from nothing! It has to be created. You can not get rock, heat, energy, liquids, light, or any matter from something else from nothing. It is impossible. If it is not , you show us how, ok! Take NOTHING , and make something out of it and I will believe your theory. Better yet, you make a new world! Make it out of nothing. We all know that God did it. Many just can't admit it like a liberal can't admit President Trump beat Hillary. God did it . He is the superior being that was here before anything. He did it to be glorified and that bothers many people.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by pete53

AGREED X2 >but on the lighter side i wished our dear lord would have made women easier to live with

LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Biological evolution = Change in the gene pool of a population through the generations by such processes as mutation, natural selection, and genetic drift.

That definition does not say man evolved from bacteria. That would be another topic, which is what it seems many here focus on. Saying evolution doesn't exist is a belief, not a theory.

there's a lot we don't know, but we all have pretty good minds, more or less.

that is, we want to know. whatever it is, then let us find out for ourselves.

all direction pointers point into two directions: the past & the future.

we're in the middle, smack dab, well maybe not? but we're moving forward.

where did life first emerge? and from when did it come? life you say? yes, that's us, amongst others.

a hot vent in the ocean expelling sulfur laden gases, a bit of chemistry, lightening & timing made majic?

or did a comet striking urth with it's inner components shrouded in ice get to earth before burning up?

well, we've got to start or begin somewheres. then we can apply the finely tuned theory of evolution.

a smart moth in the coal smoke skies of ancient england can adapt to the environment to keep from being eaten.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gents, I have faith to believe in a Creator God, a virgin birth of my perfect and sinless Savior Jesus Christ, and faith to trust in Jesus' finished work on the Cross of Calvary (And by no means any of my own good works), to insure me of everlasting life in heaven.

But I don't have near enough faith to believe in evolution as put forth by the world's supposed educated ones. Adaptation, extinction, even mutation, OK, but not evolution.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Natural selection is real. But while natural selection can explain the survival of an organism, it can’t explain the arrival of an organism.

Genetic drift is real, but we know of no examples where it has resulted in any significant changes to populations of animals where it is observed. For instance, bunny is still a bunny, a bison a bison, a finch a finch and so on and so forth.

Where evolution as it is envisioned today falls short is with the mutations. The mathematics working against random mutations is so daunting as to render evolution as it is currently taught impossible. Further, mutations would need to occur very early in the life of an organism to change the form of the organism and those types of mutations are ALWAYS fatal in the wild.

Page 2 of 117 1 2 3 4 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

405 members (160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,374
Posts18,488,432
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.