Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 116 117
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There are two types of people in the world; those who see everything as binary, and those who don’t.

Not sure why you set up the question as you did; there are alternatives not mentioned.

One possible reason why you set it up that way could be that you have a religiously zealous affiliation with Darwinian evolution and have set up a false binary to make that appear reasonable.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I envision it as if you were God, and you were sitting on a mountain top watching a train going by in the valley below. The train is the universe. You can see the beginning and the end.
The scientist can go back to the 'big bang' and no further. God provided the 'bang'. Looking at it this way the 'leap' isn't as far.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kid0917
Gents, I have faith to believe in a Creator God, a virgin birth of my perfect and sinless Savior Jesus Christ, and faith to trust in Jesus' finished work on the Cross of Calvary (And by no means any of my own good works), to insure me of everlasting life in heaven.

But I don't have near enough faith to believe in evolution as put forth by the world's supposed educated ones. Adaptation, extinction, even mutation, OK, but not evolution.
The problem with trying to have a scientific discussion with very religious people is... What is your response when something you believe is verifyably wrong?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It does not look to be a slow night on the 'fire tonight.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When was the last time an explosion make things come together?

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Further, mutations would need to occur very early in the life of an organism to change the form of the organism and those types of mutations are ALWAYS fatal in the wild.

What the hell are you talking about? The damned mutation is expressed in the offspring.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Monkeys in space...it's been done.

those ruskies beat us into space a few times.

and that was after we had the pick of the rocket men from the german cadre.

we still did well as the time went on. but was it cruelty, and would PETA approve a monkey in space?

and did the ruskies have a head start? what about input from gurdjeiff & ouspensky?

this is serious stuff we're engaging in. i'll bet the High Priests at NASA are laughing so hard.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Evolution is not the Big Bang Theory. Next.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's like discussing biology based on what my father was taught in high school in the '50s!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The theory of evolution simply describes the continual and ongoing process of creation over time.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Squidge
The theory of evolution simply describes the continual and ongoing process of creation over time.

Thank you. God created evolution to mess with us. laugh

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Whelenman

The universe is moving outwards, expanding, not inwards.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Further, mutations would need to occur very early in the life of an organism to change the form of the organism and those types of mutations are ALWAYS fatal in the wild.

What the hell are you talking about? The damned mutation is expressed in the offspring.

What the hell are you talking about? If you are going to change the form of an animal, there has to be a change or mutation early in the formation of that animal while the body plan is being formed. And when that occurs, it is always fatal.

You seem to want to have it both ways. You don’t want to argue that higher animals developed from lower organisms which would have at some point, necessitated huge changes in body plans, while ridiculing anyone who questions evolution as a whole.

If you want to have Evolution, you’ve got to have the whole damned thing. If you don’t, then you’re arguing some outside agency or force or something we don’t understand and you really have no right to ridicule someone who questions the theory as a whole.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One way in which you confirm a theory... Prediction...

A couple of generalizations
According to evolution, you should find more primitive life forms the farther back in time you go; and that's exactly what we see.
According to evolution, you should see random mutations in DNA; and that's exactly what we see.

A couple of specifics
Darwin predicted that precursors to the trilobite would be found in pre-Silurian rocks. He was correct: they were subsequently found.

Very specifically - The recent find of the Tiktaalik fossil. Scientists looked at evolutionary theory, the fossil record, and determined:

If we go to this section of Greenland(place), dig down to this level (date), we should find a creature with XYZ features... After 10 years of searching, they found almost exactly what they were looking for, exactly in the geologic layer they said they would find it, and it has most of the physiological features they predicted they would find. It was just luck, and a bonus that they ended up finding one of the most complete fossils in paleontologist history.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
would we be better off if things were happening at a bit faster rate, or are things about right?

we know the earth has been through at least four re-designs in the past? anyone agree?

that is, before the dinasours were a few, then that crowd, and now us as the dominants.

wonder what the next re-design will look like? i mean, evolution is evolution, right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What the hell are you talking about? If you are going to change the form of an animal, there has to be a change or mutation early in the formation of that animal while the body plan is being formed. And when that occurs, it is always fatal.
False assumption.
Certainly there are some mutations that can be fatal...absolutely.

But how is it you don't notice obvious mutations in existing living animals?

If someone has a mutation that causes them not go grow lungs; that's fatal.
If someone has a mutation that caused them to have 6 fingers...Not fatal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Squidge

Thank you. God created evolution to mess with us. laugh

Nah, we do it to ourselves by holding on faithfully to the old mistaken notion about how old the Earth is, and that creation was a one time event that happened not long ago. Either one takes it on faith that the Earth was created thousands of years ago in a single event, or one believes in the hard empirical evidence at hand.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
would we be better off if things were happening at a bit faster rate, or are things about right?

we know the earth has been through at least four re-designs in the past? anyone agree?

that is, before the dinasours were a few, then that crowd, and now us as the dominants.

wonder what the next re-design will look like? i mean, evolution is evolution, right?

A great case of "observational" evolution (as in, evolution humanity has observed directly), is the case of the Mosquito's in the London subway. They first went down there in the 1860's. Today, those mosquitos are a completely different species (verifyable). We have samples of what they were...We have what they are. We have DNA from both, we can SEE the path of mutations that led to a different species.

The new species looks different, has some different biology... And have changes so much, that the two can no longer interbreed. Humanity has directly observed evolution.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek

False assumption.
Certainly there are some mutations that can be fatal...absolutely.

But how is it you don't notice obvious mutations in existing living animals?

If someone has a mutation that causes them not go grow lungs; that's fatal.
If someone has a mutation that caused them to have 6 fingers...Not fatal.

Six fingers isn’t really significant.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

You seem to want to have it both ways. You don’t want to argue that higher animals developed from lower organisms which would have at some point, necessitated huge changes in body plans, while ridiculing anyone who questions evolution as a whole.

If you want to have Evolution, you’ve got to have the whole damned thing. If you don’t, then you’re arguing some outside agency or force or something we don’t understand and you really have no right to ridicule someone who questions the theory as a whole.

Dude, you really don't know jack about biology. The mutation is expressed in the offspring. The mutation is in the DNA passed from the parent(s). Elementary biology.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.