Page 5 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 116 117
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Here's an example of evolution. Bacteria populations developing resistance to antibiotics. No, they did not turn into salt water fish....

That’s natural selection, or probably more accurately...selective breeding, which no one denies.
Natural selection IS A KEY COMPONENT OF EVOLUTION! If adaptation is successful across tens of thousands of generations, it becomes evolution; because adaptation never stops. Its a mathematical constant...eventually you'll get to another species...or the species will die off. If you accept adaptation, you have to accept evolution because it's a mathematical certainty over time.

Definition:
nat·u·ral se·lec·tion
/ˈnaCH(ə)rəl səˈlekSHən/
nounBiology
noun: natural selection

the process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring. The theory of its action was first fully expounded by Charles Darwin and is now believed to be the main process that brings about evolution.

No, math is the biggest problem with it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Here's an example of evolution. Bacteria populations developing resistance to antibiotics. No, they did not turn into salt water fish....

That’s natural selection, or probably more accurately...selective breeding, which no one denies.

No, it is not selective breeding. An example of selective breeding would be humans developing food crops or dog breeds.

Oh, it’s selective breeding alright. Maybe not intentional selective breeding but it ain’t natural either. It’s human directed and human caused.

That's absurd. You could do yourself a favor and read some grade school biology. Evolution is the change in allele frequencies in a population over time. If you don't understand that, it's not Darwin's fault.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
this is one of the best discussions we have had in a spell now.

nobody throwing hard backed hymn books, not even soft backed ones.

humans on the earth, and we're turning the earth into human artifacts pretty quickly.

especially in the last say 200 years or so? maybe less, yes? times they are a-changing.

humans being taxed to send people to the moon, and beyond. how does that fit with evolution?

personally i think we've got a story line here that needs additional research and development.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Natural selection IS A KEY COMPONENT OF EVOLUTION! If adaptation is successful across tens of thousands of generations, it becomes evolution; because adaptation never stops. Its a mathematical constant...eventually you'll get to another species...or the species will die off. If you accept adaptation, you have to accept evolution because it's a mathematical certainty over time.

Definition:
nat·u·ral se·lec·tion
/ˈnaCH(ə)rəl səˈlekSHən/
nounBiology

the process whereby organisms better adapted to their environment tend to survive and produce more offspring. The theory of its action was first fully expounded by Charles Darwin and is now believed to be the main process that brings about evolution.

No JoeBob, you continually embarrass yourself in this discussion. In fact, the math shows that evolution is entirely unavoidable. It has to happen, it can't be stopped.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No, it is not selective breeding. An example of selective breeding would be humans developing food crops or dog breeds.

Oh, it’s selective breeding alright. Maybe not intentional selective breeding but it ain’t natural either. It’s human directed and human caused.

That's absurd. You could do yourself a favor and read some grade school biology. Evolution is the change in allele frequencies in a population over time. If you don't understand that, it's not Darwin's fault.

Well, Einstein, since you are such a stickler for terminology you should probably figure out that you’ve given the definition for micro evolution, which no one denies, instead of evolution.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/25/19.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Definition:
nat·u·ral se·lec·tion
/ˈnaCH(ə)rəl səˈlekSHən/
nounBiology

No JoeBob, you continually embarrass yourself in this discussion. In fact, the math shows that evolution is entirely unavoidable. It has to happen, it can't be stopped.

No, not all.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Interesting how this topic is evolving

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Interesting how this topic is evolving

yes, it seems to meander about, more or less?

almost all rivers & streams meander toward the sea.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
isn't creationism a theory?

In order to be a scientific theory it must make falsifiable predictions. Since the creationist don't make any falsifiable predictions, creationism doesn't qualify as a theory, but more closely matches the definition of a myth:

1. a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining some natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.

2. a widely held but false belief or idea.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Well, Einstein, since you are such a stickler for terminology you should probably figure out that you’ve given the definition for micro evolution, which no one denies, instead of evolution.

They are the same thing.

Are you also a Young Earth Creationist?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

They are the same thing.

No, I’m not young earth. For that matter, the Bible isn’t either.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

They are the same thing.

That be right. Micro or macro is just size of the binoculars and measuring stick being used. The process is the same.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
[Linked Image]

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

They are the same thing.

You will have to debate that with other Biblists.

Last edited by LeroyBeans; 07/25/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
If you recognize adaptation...yes...Eventually either the species dies off, or they become another species.

Last edited by GunGeek; 07/25/19.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Yah, please explain your thoughts on mutations again. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They are the same thing.

The bible specifies days, the morning of the first day, the evening, etc, and lists the genealogies that followed. Which according to Bishop Usher adds up to a bit over six thousand years.

Last edited by DBT; 07/25/19.
Page 5 of 117 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (219DW, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 54 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,353
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.