G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Well, Einstein, since you are such a stickler for terminology you should probably figure out that you’ve given the definition for micro evolution, which no one denies, instead of evolution.

They are the same thing.

Are you also a Young Earth Creationist?

No, I’m not young earth. For that matter, the Bible isn’t either.

honestly, as a taxpaying citizen i kinda always liked the idea of a young earth presentation to explain where we are, and how we got here. it would be so informative. it'd be less clear on where we are headed next (assuming god himself might know).

but who would have placed such a plan into action? why, a god of course.

now, the complications begin to seep into the discussion.

was the authorized god a tall, blonde, heavily muscular individual with long hair?

was an individual that could walk on water, heal the sick, raise the dead?

this god, if the story is correct was quite the guy. maybe a theorist, given our current arguments?

was he attempting to see which amongst us could define the who, why, and how first and foremost?

the winner could set in the top row or front row of the mighty congregation ( i was gonna say conflagration, but i'll hold off).

so many questions, and so little time. understanding evolution is like trying to explain why taxes have to be raised to travel back to the moon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Well, Einstein, since you are such a stickler for terminology you should probably figure out that you’ve given the definition for micro evolution, which no one denies, instead of evolution.

They are the same thing.

Are you also a Young Earth Creationist?

I really think his mental barrier is the span of time. MANY people (including myself at one point) have a hard time with this. Evolution isn't "observational" in the sense that the time involved means we're not going to actually sit there and WATCH an animal turn into another animal. It takes tens of thousands of years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's too bad Christians deny themselves the knowledge of evolution, because it's one of the coolest, and most fascinating aspects of nature.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
To me, the answer is really simple, its not a realistic question. You believe what you want, I'll do the same. We don't have to argue. In fact arguing won't change most folks minds.,

Though I will certainly say that I believe in God, and that he created this place, but I also see evolution and I dont' see that evolution is proof there is no God.

But again, I don't need an answer. I have my own direction.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GunGeek
It's too bad Christians deny themselves the knowledge of evolution, because it's one of the coolest, and most fascinating aspects of nature.

Just a dose of 200 level college biology, physics, and chemistry is mind altering..... And I don't believe it forcludes Creation or the Almighty unless one chooses to see it that way..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Yah, please explain your thoughts on mutations again. LOL

When you are talking about new information that you would need to get from ancient simple life, you need new proteins to form new genes. The chances of one mutation in one protein fold is 10 to the 77th power. Now, there are many folds in a protein and many proteins in a gene. But then, assuming you get that, and you get altered DNA, DNA alone does not control the laying out of the body plan, the morphological plan. You could mutate DNA until the cows some home and it doesn’t change the plan. There are other factors at work. The life forms in that early Cambrian era had on average 50 cells with all the genes and proteins therein.

Darwinian evolution is not adequate to explain this jump from simple life forms with simple plans to new body parts laid out in new ways with new functions. That requires new information. Where did it come from? There are only about 10 to the 78th power particles in the entire universe and the odds of a viable mutation in a single protein fold is 10 to the 77th. The math is insurmountable.

I have thoughts on what happened, but I’m not going to make any claims. But I think it is pretty apparent that something happened or there is some mechanism that we do not understand as the math makes that jump pretty improbable.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/25/19.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
some people (who?) see god as slowly but surely turning over the running of the urth to the inhabitants.

that is, to the inmates? no, not really. i don't want to insinuate that thought at all.

but if in the early days god was the father, and we were here to learn,

then later as we got up off our elbows & knees and began to walk,

the he could turn over more and more of the responsibility to us?

that is, the responsibility of running a planet can be intense.

he divided things up into "quadrants" that is parcels.

parcels, we all know about parcels, etc.

he might want to lift-off and leave it to us?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

When you are talking about new information that you would need to get from ancient simple life, you need new proteins to form new genes. The chances of one mutation in one protein fold is 10 to the 77th power. Now, there are many folds in a protein and many proteins in a gene. But then, assuming you get that, and you get altered DNA, DNA alone does not control the laying out of the body plan, the morphological plan. You could mutate DNA until the cows some home and it doesn’t change the plan. There are other factors at work. The life forms in that early Cambrian era had on average 50 cells with all the genes and proteins therein.

Darwinian evolution is not adequate to explain this jump from simple life forms with simple plans to new body parts laid out in new ways with new functions. That requires new information. Where did it come from? There are only about 10 to the 78th power particles in the entire universe and the odds of a viable mutation in a single protein fold is 10 to the 77th. The math is insurmountable.

I have thoughts on what happened, but I’m not going to make any claims. But I think it is pretty apparent that something happened or there is some mechanism that we do not understand as the math makes that jump pretty improbable.

Nonesense, but thanks for taking the time to explain.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

You might want to say SOME Christians...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
JoeBob, you really need to learn biology. All of it.

Darwinian evolution is plenty sufficient with room to spare. You are so far behind the curve you don't even begin to understand what you don't understand. Your math is terrible too.

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just a dose of 200 level college biology, physics, and chemistry is mind altering..... And I don't believe it forcludes Creation or the Almighty unless one chooses to see it that way..

The existance of an "Almighty" is just speculation, a proposition that cannot be tested, only believed on the basis of faith.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Look, it’s okay to admit that we don’t know exactly what happened around a billion years ago requiring genetic variations and process that we only just now are starting to understand and by in large, can’t duplicate yet.

Maybe when we can take a little DNA and engineer a new animal with a new body plan, we might have a better insight on what happened.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans

Darwinian evolution is plenty sufficient with room to spare. You are so far behind the curve you don't even begin to understand what you don't understand. Your math is terrible too.

The math is the easiest part. It is rather simple and simply based on the possible number of amino acid combinations in a protein fold.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In this day, the evidence in support of evolution is absolutely MASSIVE; more evidence than ever before. We have many cases of observed evolution (something a bit new), and DNA evidence that that shows it to be true. Yet, skepticism is on the rise.
What that shows is national values that put religious dogma ahead of rational thought.

Personally, as a Christian, I've never seen the problem with evolution. What's so hard to understand when Genesis says that God commanded the waters and the earth to bring forth all the living creatures? That's exactly what science says about it.

Genesis doesn't say that God conjured all the living creatures into existence.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by DBT

The existance of an "Almighty" is just speculation, a proposition that cannot be tested, only believed on the basis of faith.

True dat. If my intent wasn't clear, I just mean that believing some science stuff doesn't eliminate faith. It could all be part of the Grand Scheme...You know, that's all up to each individual. Not a one of us can prove there's no Creator.

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

The math is the easiest part. It is rather simple and simply based on the possible number of amino acid combinations in a protein fold.

No JoeBob, you wouldn't know what to do with a protein fold if you found one. You are lost in a forest of trees, and can't even see the bark, much less the landscape.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Look, it’s okay to admit that we don’t know exactly what happened around a billion years ago requiring genetic variations and process that we only just now are starting to understand and by in large, can’t duplicate yet.

Maybe when we can take a little DNA and engineer a new animal with a new body plan, we might have a better insight on what happened.

a really good prototype animal for current day conditions might be a goat type animal with 6 to 8 tits, 3 to four per side. they would have genes of the pit bull with jaws that would allow them to defend against coyotes, mtn lions, maybe even wolves. they could eat the thorns of cactus, and withstand rain storms and cold weather.

their young would be meaty, and very docile w/big canine teeth.

the demand for the sweetness, and tenderness of their meat would be much sought after by the denisons of the great cities. priced competitively the rancher, middle men, and the final consumer would all smile to no end.

bio-genetic engineering can help us find a way to that very spot. the worlds great bankers will applaud.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Not surprised by this thread.
Institutionalized Ignorance is alive and well.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You are so clueless.

To begin with, every human is natuarally born with mutations, on average somewhere between 50 to 100 alleles in a babe are different from either parent. We also see the same thing in "identical" twins. In really there will be about a 100 allele difference between the "identical" twins. Now extend the accumulation of those differences across a population, and across an extended period of time and the changes add up quickly.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

No JoeBob, you wouldn't know what to do with a protein fold if you found one. You are lost in a forest of trees, and can't even see the bark, much less the landscape.

That’s compelling. What do you say the math is?

Page 6 of 117 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

231 members (2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 21 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,356
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.