Page 9 of 117 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 116 117
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Ok.

Let's do some math.

Let's take something like e.coli. It has 4 million base pairs and divides every 20 minutes. That's 72 generations in a day, each doubling in size. The last generation alone will have 4,700,000,000,000,000,000,000 bacteria

Now e.coli mutates at a rate of 1 mutation per 1000 replication, so there's still 4,700,000,000,000,000,000 mutations present in just the last generation from that one bacteria in one day.

Now that number is just 2^72

So, lets take 4.5 billion years, times 365 days, times 72 generations per day.....that's 1.1826e+14

Now lets start with one bacteria and divide it and it's successive generations that many times.
When I plug it into my statistic program RStudio, it returns.........Infinity........

So mathematically, yea.....there's plenty of time for it all to happen.

Great answer. I think that settles the question.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by JoeBob
By the way, I’m the only person on this board whose father discovered a dinosaur and has It share a latinized version of the family name. At least I’ll bet as much.
That by itself doesn’t make you any more or less qualified. But it is SERIOUSLY cool! Props to dad!!

Bullschit as the only person with a dinosaur named after him, i claim prime nocta over all dinosaur discussion. And yeah it is pretty cool. I used to take a fiberglass cast of MY dinosaur foot to show and tell at school every year.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/25/19.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by DBT
Nothing is suddenly 'turned' into a different species. That's not how evolution works.

That is funny right there, all this gibberish of evolution and how it works. Well, it isn't anymore scientifically proven than religion amd the argument will go on into perpetuity like a 45 ACP being superior to a 9mm. As long as there are men with differing opinions, there will be no conclusion to this debate.

There will be a real awakening at death when the evolutionists find out that life isn't over...

Just saying that "evolution is not scientifically proven" does not make the claim true.

It is a false claim.

The study of evolution is a field of science that has ample evidence.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The estimate of the number of every organism ever to exist on earth including bacteria is 10 to the 40th power.

That's an old estimate. The numbers have gone up a lot since then.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you are correct in evolution, then with sufficiently advanced technology it should be possible. All the information is there correct?
No, not every creature carries the full genetic code of every other creature on earth.

Bob...You are very close, and I think of you put some more study into Evolution the light will click on. In your “denial” of evolution you have clearly described and stated your belief in most of the working aspects of evolution. You seem to be lacking the information to take the next step.

I’m not criticizing you because I was in exactly the same place at one point.

Just expand your education and you’ll get it. When you do...it’s really exciting!!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, but that’s kind of like turning a calf embryo into a Auroch as that a bird pretty much IS a dinosaur. Turn a bird into an elephant and I’ll be impressed.

A bird cannot become an elephant. The line that led to elephants separated from the line that led to birds back in the early Permian Period.

If you are correct in evolution, then with sufficiently advanced technology it should be possible. All the information is there correct?

In evolution, there's generally no turning back. An example is that mammals and reptiles that returned to an aquatic existence were incapable of re-evolving gills for breathing under water, even though there's a tremendous environmental pressure in that direction (i.e., it would constitute an enormous survival advantage). Once abandoned, however, gills cannot re-evolve. Instead, what happens is that these species become capable of holding their breath for increasingly long periods of time.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

No, not every creature carries the full genetic code of every other creature on earth.

Bob...You are very close, and I think of you put some more study into Evolution the light will click on. In your “denial” of evolution you have clearly described and stated your belief in most of the working aspects of evolution. You seem to be lacking the information to take the next step.

I’m not criticizing you because I was in exactly the same place at one point.

Just expand your education and you’ll get it. When you do...it’s really exciting!!

Your thinking is somewhat limited. Even if the code isn’t there, then the mutations reintroducing new information should be able to be reproduced with sufficient technology, correct?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Nothing is suddenly 'turned' into a different species. That's not how evolution works.

That is funny right there, all this gibberish of evolution and how it works. Well, it isn't anymore scientifically proven than religion amd the argument will go on into perpetuity like a 45 ACP being superior to a 9mm. As long as there are men with differing opinions, there will be no conclusion to this debate.

There will be a real awakening at death when the evolutionists find out that life isn't over...

Just saying that "evolution is not scientifically proven" does not make the claim true.

It is a false claim.

Again, something I used to do so much myself.
Most (including myself at one point) don’t understand scientific process.
When you make a statement like “evolution is not scientifically proven” it shows a FUNDAMENTAL misunderstanding of science.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It is a false claim.

Ok.

Let's do some math.

Let's take something like e.coli. It has 4 million base pairs and divides every 20 minutes. That's 72 generations in a day, each doubling in size. The last generation alone will have 4,700,000,000,000,000,000,000 bacteria

Now e.coli mutates at a rate of 1 mutation per 1000 replication, so there's still 4,700,000,000,000,000,000 mutations present in just the last generation from that one bacteria in one day.

So, lets take 4.5 billion years, times 365 days, times 72 generations per day.....that's 1.1826e+14

Now lets start with one bacteria and divide it and it's successive generations that many times.
When I plug it into my statistic program RStudio, it returns.........Infinity........

Thanks TRH.

Perhaps the greatest limitation that leads so many to a anti-evolution position is a lack of perspective, combined with a lack of imagination. They can't imagine big enough, so the fall into the trap of an argument from ignorance fueled by an argument from the lack of imagination and perspective.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/25/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It is a false claim.

Again, something I used to do so much myself.
Most (including myself at one point) don’t understand scientific process.
When you make a statement like “evolution is not scientifically proven” it shows a FUNDAMENTAL misunderstanding of science.

True....Some of my favorite folks are plumb ignorant. LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It is a false claim.

Ok.

Let's do some math.

Thanks TRH.

Perhaps the greatest limitation that leads so many to a anti-evolution position is a lack of perspective, combined with a lack of imagination. They can't imagine big enough, so the fall into the trap of an argument from ignorance fueled by an argument from the lack of imagination and perspective.

So imagination big enough to encompass the time and the processes necessary for evolution to work is a positive trait? But an imagination big enough to imagine a God who created everything is evidence of weak mindedness?

Got it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by szihn
Idahoshooter, is your question because you seek an answer, because truth is important to you...or is it just something to create a discussion?

In other words, if what you believed to be true was not, would you want to know, and would you change your life and thinking in the way truth dictated?
It's better to not know and reap the consequences then it is to know and reap the consequences. What has been seen cannot be unseen. When you learn things beyond any doubt you can't ever un-learn them.

If a quest for truth, for no other reason then it is true, is not the reason for the original question, then be honest with yourself and you'll get along a lot easier in your natural life.

If on the other hand you actually want to know what is true and what scientific and historical evidence there is for the conclusion to be based on, please let me know by PM.
No one know all truth. No human can. But most of the lies that people believe are quite easy to dispel if you simply look into it. In my experience it takes about 16 hours to undo most of the "science' that we were all taught was true and show the counter points. You can easily learn the counter point as easily as watching a few movies if you truly desire to know.

Will that lead you to ultimate truth?
No.
But it will lead you away from the lies, and as the old saying goes, "nature hates a vacuum".
When what we believed to be true is show to use that it is not, we are on a good path to understand how to learn more.

Those that do not want to know never want anyone else to know either.
We see that with the Dem/Comms in their daily activities. Libs like "Paddler" are perfect examples of what I am speaking of. He's not alone either. There are LOTS of folks (many here on this site) who would be very offended if you didn't agree with them and embrace the beliefs they want to assert. If you start to learn anything true, the enemies of truth come out of the woodwork. It's not enough for them to want to stay in their comfort zone, but they will be VERY offended if you don't stay with them.

As for me, I care for mankind as I should, but if any individual man doesn't want to learn I am not a bit interested in showing them the any of the souses of the information. I don't have a dog in their fight. I see no reason I should care about the direction of their lives more then they do themselves.

So please consider my counter question deeply, and let those that scream and shout and insult do so at top speed and maximum intensity.

The offer is genuine however, and if you want information concerning those questions you posted, and a lot of other questions too, just let me know.

That sounds like a serious brain washing session.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Does it have to be exactly as was Written? Or can we just make an edit, I suggest that God Created evolution? Not sure which day...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

It is a false claim.

Ok.

Let's do some math.

Thanks TRH.

So imagination big enough to encompass the time and the processes necessary for evolution to work is a positive trait? But an imagination big enough to imagine a God who created everything is evidence of weak mindedness?

Got it.

Correct.

Pretending you know the answer is "magic" because you cannot sufficiently comprehend the real answer is the sign of a weak mind.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by DBT
[quote=DBT]Nothing is suddenly 'turned' into a different species. That's not how evolution works.

It is a false claim.

Ok.

Let's do some math.

Thanks TRH.

Got it.

Correct.

Pretending you know the answer is "magic" because you cannot sufficiently comprehend the real answer is the sign of a weak mind. [/quote]

If you say so.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by scoony
Idahoshooter, is your question because you seek an answer, because truth is important to you...or is it just something to create a discussion?

In other words, if what you believed to be true was not, would you want to know, and would you change your life and thinking in the way truth dictated?
It's better to not know and reap the consequences then it is to know and reap the consequences. What has been seen cannot be unseen. When you learn things beyond any doubt you can't ever un-learn them.

If a quest for truth, for no other reason then it is true, is not the reason for the original question, then be honest with yourself and you'll get along a lot easier in your natural life.

If on the other hand you actually want to know what is true and what scientific and historical evidence there is for the conclusion to be based on, please let me know by PM.
No one know all truth. No human can. But most of the lies that people believe are quite easy to dispel if you simply look into it. In my experience it takes about 16 hours to undo most of the "science' that we were all taught was true and show the counter points. You can easily learn the counter point as easily as watching a few movies if you truly desire to know.

No.
But it will lead you away from the lies, and as the old saying goes, "nature hates a vacuum".
When what we believed to be true is show to use that it is not, we are on a good path to understand how to learn more.

We see that with the Dem/Comms in their daily activities. Libs like "Paddler" are perfect examples of what I am speaking of. He's not alone either. There are LOTS of folks (many here on this site) who would be very offended if you didn't agree with them and embrace the beliefs they want to assert. If you start to learn anything true, the enemies of truth come out of the woodwork. It's not enough for them to want to stay in their comfort zone, but they will be VERY offended if you don't stay with them.

As for me, I care for mankind as I should, but if any individual man doesn't want to learn I am not a bit interested in showing them the any of the souses of the information. I don't have a dog in their fight. I see no reason I should care about the direction of their lives more then they do themselves.

So please consider my counter question deeply, and let those that scream and shout and insult do so at top speed and maximum intensity.

The offer is genuine however, and if you want information concerning those questions you posted, and a lot of other questions too, just let me know.

Yea.

Sounds like someone needs to go look into the mirror.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by scoony

No.

Yea.

Sounds like someone needs to go look into the mirror.

I loooove to look at myself in the mirror.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If evolution isn’t true, explain the predictions of evolution, that have been verified...many, a century or more after the prediction.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Neither science or faith can answer the big question: Why?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neither science or faith can answer the big question: Why?
Empiracly speaking, you are correct.

If you separate the science & religion, I believe religion is in the business of “why” and science is the study of how.
Unless science can find some creator, I’m not sure it is the place to go to find the why.

Page 9 of 117 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,396
Posts18,488,877
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.