Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob

If [evolution] is an established fact, explain exactly how it works.

Holy crap, there are so many resources for you to study if you want to know that. I've recommended a few in this thread already. I've been studying it my entire life, but I don't feel like writing a textbook for you on the pages of the Fire.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Universe from Nothing?

I cannot find any discussion as to whether or not the mathematical proof has withstood scrutiny by peers. But it's been out for 5 years, and I can't find any refutation of the proof either. Nor is there discussion of how or why "the rules" of our universe.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by JoeBob

If [evolution] is an established fact, explain exactly how it works.

Holy crap, there are so many resources for you to study if you want to know that. I've recommended a few in this thread already. I've been studying it my entire life, but I don't feel like writing a text book for you on the pages of the Fire.

He doesn't have a clue how it works. He doesn't have a clue (and neither does anyone else) how life sprang from inorganic matter nor does he have a clue how random mutations could possibly have generated the information necessary to generate even the simplest protein. All he's got is hand-waving, obfuscation and logical fallacies.

Tarquin
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by DBT
If the claim is that something so complex as the universe could not possibly exist without a creator, the same rule applies to the creator. The Creator, as a being that's capable of creating a universe, is something far more complex than the universe. To say that the Creator is exempt from the given rule is begging the question, setting your own rules.

Good one, but logic and reasoning does not work on some.
Hence the statement(I believe it goes like this): Faith begins where Logic and Reasoning end.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Give him a shot. You can watch the entire series in one sitting. Each installment is like ten minutes.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

I cannot find any discussion as to whether or not the mathematical proof has withstood scrutiny by peers. But it's been out for 5 years, and I can't find any refutation of the proof either. Nor is there discussion of how or why "the rules" of our universe.

Scott,

Keep in mind Lawrence Krauss is a Theoretical Physicist, so his job is to generate the ideas that experimental physicist test. The book and lectures were an extension of his peer reviewed work. So yes, it's been peer reviewed, and I'm not aware of any demonstrated inconsistencies with the current standard model. However, at this point I'm not aware of any experimental evidence confirming this hypothesis either.

As for the question why, well, that's going to take a whole lot more sciencing;....

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/25/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
Originally Posted by DBT
If the claim is that something so complex as the universe could not possibly exist without a creator, the same rule applies to the creator. The Creator, as a being that's capable of creating a universe, is something far more complex than the universe. To say that the Creator is exempt from the given rule is begging the question, setting your own rules.

Good one, but logic and reasoning does not work on some.
Hence the statement(I believe it goes like this): Faith begins where Logic and Reasoning end.

Why is there something rather than nothing?

I don't know.........Magic sky daddy? crazy

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Scott,

Keep in mind Lawrence Krauss is a Theoretical Physicist, so his job is to generate the ideas that experimental physicist test. The book and lectures were an extension of his peer reviewed work. So yes, it's been peer reviewed, and I'm not aware of any demonstrated inconsistencies with the current standard model. However, at this point I'm not aware of any experimental evidence confirming this hypothesis either.

As for the question why, well, that's going to take a whole lot more sciencing;....

Shame on me for using that title for the link, I didn't really want to touch Krouse's work in this discussion, as it's like you say, perhaps not even rising the to the level of hypothesis. Scientific wild assed guess?

The above linked article linked refers to the 2014 paper by He, Cai and Gao: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1404.1207.pdf Read the linked Scientific American article or better yet, see if you can comprehend the paper itself (it's waaaaaaaay beyond me).

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 07/25/19. Reason: clarity

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by hanco
God created us, we ain’t related to fuucking monkeys.

Actually, you are a monkey.
Modern humans are a member of the Geneus Homo which includes other close relatives such as Homo Neanderthalensis.

We are of the tribe Hominini which includes [bleep], but not Gorillas, and the subfamily Homininae, aka "African apes" which does include the Gorilla.

Above that you are a member of the infraorder Simimiformes, which is MONKEY.

Just as all humans are Animals, and Mammals, and primates, we are also all Monkeys.

Stop! Humans wrote up that classification scheme.

I've never seen it in the Bible...................so maybe it's just like other Human inventions...........like Science.

Geno

PS, still not figgered out yet I see.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 16penny, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 58 invisible), 2,575 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,964
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.