Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 117 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 116 117
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
After the 4.5 billion years and alla the mutations, e. coli is still just e. coli.

Mutations aren't evolution.

Mutations are random genetic misfires that may help, or hurt, the organism.

There's mutations among humans, i.e., webbed feet, but no one is suggesting the people with webbed feet is more evolved than the resta us.

The usual bullshit thrown out in desperation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...r-in-earths-mantle-as-in-all-the-oceans/

Genesis 7:11

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

Last edited by Armednfree; 07/25/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Neither science or faith can answer the big question: Why?
Empiracly speaking, you are correct.

If you separate the science & religion, I believe religion is in the business of “why” and science is the study of how.
Unless science can find some creator, I’m not sure it is the place to go to find the why.

I can't agree - I don't see how faith answers "why" either. It's like science and only describes "what" and "how".

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah we were all getting sick of the other thread. Glad to see this one is taking off.

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
And the Earth was flooded with fresh water about 4000 yrs ago,

1: Where did all the salt water fishes come from?

2: How did all of the millions of terrestrial species of mammals, reptiles, and birds survive the flood?

3: Why are not all humans still black?

1. Easy, God

2. Even easier. God spoke to a chap named Noah and he built a big boat and just put one breeding pair of every mammal, reptile, bacteria, virus, fungus, plant, etc onto it and when the floods came they just kinda chilled for awhile. He brought a bunch of animal and reptile chow too so they wouldn't eat each other. Bacteria and viruses are actually so small that he could have (and probably did) kept most of them on his balls. Some in his mouth and as crack of course. Plus there were monkey ass cracks on board. Just for a minute think about what could have been thriving in there. The point is, God wasn't even about to lose one single species of anything despite his wrath. Pretty sure Jim Carrey made a movie about this so there's really no excuse to not know it. It's a fantastic story

3. The Lord works in mysterious ways

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Fubarski
After the 4.5 billion years and alla the mutations, e. coli is still just e. coli.

There's mutations among humans, i.e., webbed feet, but no one is suggesting the people with webbed feet is more evolved than the resta us.

Change in allele frequency is the very definition of evolution.

hurt the descendants too much and they don't make it. Help them enough and they are more successful, and you have natural selection. Wash, rinse, repeat for an unimaginable number of generations and you have populations evolving into new species.

It's all very simple.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Robert_White
In very short strokes...

Natural selection and survival of the fittest is not a mechanism to increase complexity.
It is only a negation.

DNA

Did not happen by accident.

You have missed out the fundamental bit - DNA is constantly mutating and making changes to organisms. Natural selection is only part of it. Thus the variety of life, and the mechanism of nature's will.

This is children's level science.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by DBT
Nothing is suddenly 'turned' into a different species. That's not how evolution works.

That is funny right there, all this gibberish of evolution and how it works. Well, it isn't anymore scientifically proven than religion amd the argument will go on into perpetuity like a 45 ACP being superior to a 9mm. As long as there are men with differing opinions, there will be no conclusion to this debate.

There will be a real awakening at death when the evolutionists find out that life isn't over...

Discovering the mechanism that God uses to maintain life is not a heresy. We observe the mechanics of his creation.

"A person that carries a cat home by the tail will receive information that will always be useful to him." Mark Twain
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

hurt the descendants too much and they don't make it. Help them enough and they are more successful, and you have natural selection. Wash, rinse, repeat for an unimaginable number of generations and you have populations evolving into new species.

It's all very simple.

Bullshit always sounds simple.

Mutations aren't passed on as an evolutionary progression would be.

It's a random event that happened to happen, and the chances of it being passed on are exactly the same as it happening in the first place.

And as a random event, the mutation may be just as likely a step backwards, from an evolutionary standpoint.

And e. coli, is still just e. coli. If your theory was fact, e. coli'd be walkin and talkin, by now.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

It's all very simple.

It's a random event that happened to happen, and the chances of it being passed on are exactly the same as it happening in the first place.

And as a random event, the mutation may be just as likely a step backwards, from an evolutionary standpoint.

And e. coli, is still just e. coli. If your theory was fact, e. coli'd be walkin and talkin, by now.

Your assertions are just not true. In humans, the chance of a new allele being passes on is 50%. They may get the new copy from the parent with the mutation, or the equivalent positioned gene from the other parent. In bacteria, the chance of a mutated gene being passed on is almost 100%.

In the example of e.coli, there's 4 million base pairs, and a 1/1000 chance of any of those pairs mutating, so the chances are 1 in 4 billion that it won't be passed on.

If you roll a normal 6 sided die, the results are either one or not one, but the two potential out comes do not have equal odds.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

You don't understand chromosomes.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Yeah we were all getting sick of the other thread. Glad to see this one is taking off.

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
And the Earth was flooded with fresh water about 4000 yrs ago,

1: Where did all the salt water fishes come from?

2: How did all of the millions of terrestrial species of mammals, reptiles, and birds survive the flood?

3: Why are not all humans still black?

1. Easy, God

2. Even easier. God spoke to a chap named Noah and he built a big boat and just put one breeding pair of every mammal, reptile, bacteria, virus, fungus, plant, etc onto it and when the floods came they just kinda chilled for awhile. He brought a bunch of animal and reptile chow too so they wouldn't eat each other. Bacteria and viruses are actually so small that he could have (and probably did) kept most of them on his balls. Some in his mouth and as crack of course. Plus there were monkey ass cracks on board. Just for a minute think about what could have been thriving in there. The point is, God wasn't even about to lose one single species of anything despite his wrath. Pretty sure Jim Carrey made a movie about this so there's really no excuse to not know it. It's a fantastic story

3. The Lord works in mysterious ways

1: According to Genisis, God created the fishes during the first six days, fresh and salt apparently. But covering the Earth with fresh water would have immediately killed all salt water species. Mollusks, vertibrates, corals, sponges, urchins.....the works.

If evolution does not happen, how could the remaining fresh water species adapt to live in salt.

2: The size of the arc is distinctly mentioned. It is nowhere near large enough to contain even just two each of the mammal species extant on the Earth today, not to mention birds, marsupials, and reptiles.

3: Are you saying God caused man to evolve varying skin tones?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
What I posted is exactly correct.

Your claim it's "simply not true" is more bullshit, on toppa alla the bullshit you've already posted.

In addition, it's not an intelligent argument that refutes what I've posted, i.e., exactly what I'd expect from you.

Genetic drift, the actual term for what you are attempting to describe, is a random event, not one that has a 50% chance of happening.

And being a random event, the results of the particular genetic drift at issue may be positive, or negative.

With humans, excepting inbreeding, genetic drift is akin to throwing darts while blindfolded. It's gonna hit somewhere, but that's not evolution.

And inbreeding, which would focus genetic drift, tends to devolve, rather than evolve.

Random differences in a species do not result in a new, or necessarily better, species.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

We'll never know, because you lack the capacity to posit an effective reply.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I

It's all very simple.

How can some folks not understand that when a mutation occurs, it only affects the descendants of that individual. It does not affect the entire species, unless all members of the species without the new mutation become extinct.

In other words, some members of E Coli may have acquired mutations and some of their descendants other mutations until some descendants are walking and talking today. But that does not preclude the possibility that an nonmutated population of original E Coli does still live.

The crocodile, and some "prehistoric fishes" are examples of populations which have remained unchanged for extreme time periods while other populations have changed.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

We'll never know, because you lack the capacity to posit an effective reply.

The mutation is passed on, just like AS said. It has the same chance of changing again as it did before, but has a much higher chance to be passed on. Elementary biology you are disputing.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoeBob

So imagination big enough to encompass the time and the processes necessary for evolution to work is a positive trait? But an imagination big enough to imagine a God who created everything is evidence of weak mindedness?

Got it.

If you consider Astronomy, the sheer scale of the Universe, I doubt that anyone can imagine its size or scale...yet alone that of a proposed Creator of the Universe. To say that you can imagine a God capable of Creating on such an unimaginable scale just comes down to word play.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
What I posted is exactly correct.

Your claim it's "simply not true" is more bullshit, on toppa alla the bullshit you've already posted.

In addition, it's not an intelligent argument that refutes what I've posted, i.e., exactly what I'd expect from you.

Genetic drift, the actual term for what you are attempting to describe, is a random event, not one that has a 50% chance of happening.

And being a random event, the results of the particular genetic drift at issue may be positive, or negative.

With humans, excepting inbreeding, genetic drift is akin to throwing darts while blindfolded. It's gonna hit somewhere, but that's not evolution.

And inbreeding, which would focus genetic drift, tends to devolve, rather than evolve.

Random differences in a species do not result in a new, or necessarily better, species.

What I'm describing is not called "genetic drift", and it's not a 50/50 proposition.

Small random differences of a generation do not result in a new species, that is correct. An accumulation of differences of successive generations may result in a new species. Again, as mentioned above, it's this inability to comprehend the effect of the stacking of these small differences over many generations (a long with some unfounded theistic positions) that prevent you from "getting it".

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you have evidence that e coli was around 4.5 billion years ago? Or even 1 billion years ago?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[The mutation is passed on, just like AS said. It has the same chance of changing again as it did before, but has a much higher chance to be passed on. Elementary biology you are disputing.

Which is why redheaded people have mostly redheaded kids.

Except, they don't.

The mutation has the same chance of being passed on, not a higher chance.

"The proportion of mutated DNA copies shifts rapidly and unpredictably from mother to child making it very hard to predict what proportion of mutated DNA will be passed on."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081211161739.htm

Maybe next post, you can actually put something in that you didn't make up.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by DBT
Nothing is suddenly 'turned' into a different species. That's not how evolution works.

That is funny right there, all this gibberish of evolution and how it works. Well, it isn't anymore scientifically proven than religion amd the argument will go on into perpetuity like a 45 ACP being superior to a 9mm. As long as there are men with differing opinions, there will be no conclusion to this debate.

There will be a real awakening at death when the evolutionists find out that life isn't over...

Discovering the mechanism that God uses to maintain life is not a heresy. We observe the mechanics of his creation.

Induction. If the mechanisms of evolution are self sustaining, as they appear to be, there is no need to introduce a Creator that is doing it.

Page 10 of 117 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.