Hop To
Page 11 of 117 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 116 117
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Fubarski
After the 4.5 billion years and alla the mutations, e. coli is still just e. coli.

Mutations aren't evolution.

Mutations are random genetic misfires that may help, or hurt, the organism.

There's mutations among humans, i.e., webbed feet, but no one is suggesting the people with webbed feet is more evolved than the resta us.

The usual bullshit thrown out in desperation.

Do you have evidence that e coli was around 4.5 billion years ago? Or even 1 billion years ago?

It's possible that e. coli was around 4.5 billion years ago, because it can be anaerobic.

But the Earth's temperature was probably an impediment.

1 billion, much more likely, as there was surface water.

Twas analube slurper's time frame, not mine, used to enhance the math behind the bullshit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Yeah we were all getting sick of the other thread. Glad to see this one is taking off.

And the Earth was flooded with fresh water about 4000 yrs ago,

1: Where did all the salt water fishes come from?

2: How did all of the millions of terrestrial species of mammals, reptiles, and birds survive the flood?

3: Why are not all humans still black?

1. Easy, God

2. Even easier. God spoke to a chap named Noah and he built a big boat and just put one breeding pair of every mammal, reptile, bacteria, virus, fungus, plant, etc onto it and when the floods came they just kinda chilled for awhile. He brought a bunch of animal and reptile chow too so they wouldn't eat each other. Bacteria and viruses are actually so small that he could have (and probably did) kept most of them on his balls. Some in his mouth and as crack of course. Plus there were monkey ass cracks on board. Just for a minute think about what could have been thriving in there. The point is, God wasn't even about to lose one single species of anything despite his wrath. Pretty sure Jim Carrey made a movie about this so there's really no excuse to not know it. It's a fantastic story

3. The Lord works in mysterious ways

1: According to Genisis, God created the fishes during the first six days, fresh and salt apparently. But covering the Earth with fresh water would have immediately killed all salt water species. Mollusks, vertibrates, corals, sponges, urchins.....the works.

If evolution does not happen, how could the remaining fresh water species adapt to live in salt.

2: The size of the arc is distinctly mentioned. It is nowhere near large enough to contain even just two each of the mammal species extant on the Earth today, not to mention birds, marsupials, and reptiles.

3: Are you saying God caused man to evolve varying skin tones?

1. He probably kept all the fish in fish tanks. Fresh/fresh and salt/salt. Plus mollusks. Since we have invertebrates today it stands to reason that he didn’t forget them

2. It’s likely he just kinda Tetrised them in there. If old Noah were alive today it’s hard to imagine he could be beaten in a fair Tetris tournament. In fact if I were to guess, I’d allow that the game Tetris was invented by God as a metaphor for Noah’s achievement

3. I think that’s just something you are supposed pray about. Although some people think he told a latter day prophet all about it. Brother Smith I believe

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
[The mutation is passed on, just like AS said. It has the same chance of changing again as it did before, but has a much higher chance to be passed on. Elementary biology you are disputing.

Which is why redheaded people have mostly redheaded kids.

Except, they don't.

The mutation has the same chance of being passed on, not a higher chance.

"The proportion of mutated DNA copies shifts rapidly and unpredictably from mother to child making it very hard to predict what proportion of mutated DNA will be passed on."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081211161739.htm

Maybe next post, you can actually put something in that you didn't make up.

Your "example" is about mitochondral DNA. You're not following. Red hair is not caused by "a mutation", it is a recessive trait caused by multiple. Nobody is going write a biology text here for you to get up to speed.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
What I posted is exactly correct.

Your claim it's "simply not true" is more bullshit, on toppa alla the bullshit you've already posted.

In addition, it's not an intelligent argument that refutes what I've posted, i.e., exactly what I'd expect from you.

Genetic drift, the actual term for what you are attempting to describe, is a random event, not one that has a 50% chance of happening.

And being a random event, the results of the particular genetic drift at issue may be positive, or negative.

With humans, excepting inbreeding, genetic drift is akin to throwing darts while blindfolded. It's gonna hit somewhere, but that's not evolution.

And inbreeding, which would focus genetic drift, tends to devolve, rather than evolve.

Random differences in a species do not result in a new, or necessarily better, species.

What I'm describing is not called "genetic drift", and it's not a 50/50 proposition.

Small random differences of a generation do not result in a new species, that is correct. An accumulation of differences of successive generations may result in a new species. Again, as mentioned above, it's this inability to comprehend the effect of the stacking of these small differences over many generations (a long with some unfounded theistic positions) that prevent you from "getting it".

I haven't posted any theistic positions.

I just pointed out that what *you* posted, takin an anti-theistic position, is bullshit.

An accumulation of differences in successive generations can only happen if the specific mutation, which may or may not be an improvement, happens in a consistent manner.

And it never does, throughout the history of recorded science.

Your theory is simply a restatement of the "billion monkeys with a billion typewriters will eventually type War and Peace" theory.

Problem is, the one monkey that somehow managed ta type W&P, ain't never gonna type it again, nor are his descendants.

So, you're left with the last resort bullshit of claimin nobody else can "get it", but geniuses like you.

Which of course, means you got nothin left.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[quote=DBT]

It's possible that e. coli was around 4.5 billion years ago, because it can be anaerobic.

Twas analube slurper's time frame, not mine, used to enhance the math behind the bullshit.

It makes no difference, as the fossil record begins with microbes for the first 3 billion years before the Cambrian, when conditions became conducive for the emergence of multi cellular evolution, with five major extinction events, this does not paint a picture of special creation. Not at all.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by DBT
After the 4.5 billion years and alla the mutations, e. coli is still just e. coli.

There's mutations among humans, i.e., webbed feet, but no one is suggesting the people with webbed feet is more evolved than the resta us.

Do you have evidence that e coli was around 4.5 billion years ago? Or even 1 billion years ago?

Current indications are life began surprisingly quickly after the formation of the earth.

As for e.coli, I have not expectation that it was around 4 billion years ago. It's a common bacteria we are all familiar with so I used it's rates of reproduction as a proxy for bacteria's in general.

All total, there's over 700 strains of e.coli, with greater genetic differences then there is between humans and c-h-impanzee's. The strains best known for killing people, E. coli O157:H7, was only identified in 1982. So e.coli isn't "still just ecoli", it continues to evolve and change as well.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/25/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by szihn
Idahoshooter, is your question because you seek an answer, because truth is important to you...or is it just something to create a discussion?

But it will lead you away from the lies, and as the old saying goes, "nature hates a vacuum".
When what we believed to be true is show to use that it is not, we are on a good path to understand how to learn more.

So please consider my counter question deeply, and let those that scream and shout and insult do so at top speed and maximum intensity.

The offer is genuine however, and if you want information concerning those questions you posted, and a lot of other questions too, just let me know.

Yes, I sincerely desire to know truth. And I do love learning the mechanics of the world around me.

I was born into a very conservatively religious family and well educated as to the teachings of OT and NT.

But the more I learned, the more the discrepancies and contradictions in the verses jumped out at me. And the teachings of the Pastors conflicted with my observations of the world. And conflicted with observations made by serious students of the sciences much more learned than I.

While I deeply respect the religious convictions of the devout, and I would never criticize their beliefs, I no longer share those beliefs.

I am convinced the OT and the NT are both written, not by God, but by men who wished to control, and be enriched by other men. I am convinced that any human soul is simply a product of mythology. There is no Heaven, nor Hell.

When the electricity stops flowing across the synapses, the man is dead and is no more, forever. Thus it is important for each of us to produce our own version of Heaven right here on Earth.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Nobody is going write a biology text here for you to get up to speed.

I'm well aware that you lack the capacity to post a reasoned argument backed up by citations.

And since you can't do that, there's no reason for you to reply.

Mutations as a subject weren't my doin.

The human variations are just an example of why variances aren't predictable, genetics-wise.

When genetic engineering finally happens, and the products of same have un-engineered children, it will be interesting.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Isn't the account of the Noah flood thought to mentioned by other religions/lore also.? I heard that it could have been the inundation of the civilization around the Black Sea that was caused by the ocean breaking over the Dardanelles strait as the seas rose due to climate change. My experience of water breaking through an obstruction is that it picks up speed really quick. Seems like an incident like that could pass down from generation to generation and have some basis in fact. As to evolution vs creation it looks to me like they could easily co-exist in truth and fact. As for evolution, they have a lot of hard evidence.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
All total, there's over 700 strains of e.coli, with greater genetic differences then there is between humans and c-h-impanzee's.

There's different strains of e. coli as denominated by scientists.

They're grouped according to their shared similarities.

The genetic differences prove that they ain't evolvin, they're stayin the same, in their own lane.

IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Just an example, GMO crops are an example of a new gene appearing in a species.

Yes, man made, but no different than a new gene appearing in the wild.

Have you ever heard of a case where the mutated individual failed to produce mutated offspring?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
All total, there's over 700 strains of e.coli, with greater genetic differences then there is between humans and c-h-impanzee's.

The genetic differences prove that they ain't evolvin, they're stayin the same, in their own lane.

That's because the subsets that are different enough to no longer belong to the species e.coli get their own name. such as:
E. albertii
E. fergusonii
E. hermannii
E. marmotae[2]
E. vulneris

E.albertii wasn't identified until 2003.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I

Exactly the opposite. Their shared similarities prove their common origin. Their differences prove their dispersion.

Bacteria are evolving new strains, and subspecies faster than we can catalog and name them. And certainly faster than we can build cures for them.

Shall we discuss how fast viruses can evolve?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Nobody is going write a biology text here for you to get up to speed.

I'm well aware that you lack the capacity to post a reasoned argument backed up by citations.

And since you can't do that, there's no reason for you to reply.

Mutations as a subject weren't my doin.

The human variations are just an example of why variances aren't predictable, genetics-wise.

When genetic engineering finally happens, and the products of same have un-engineered children, it will be interesting.

Your statements about the topic are absolutely idiotic... You are arguing that a genetic mutation has the same chance to be passed on to offspring as it did to mutate. That is not correct, not at all, not even close, totally false, not kinda correct, it's totally and absolutely wrong. Reasoned argument? For phucqk's sake, you are incorrect. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by szihn
Idahoshooter, is your question because you seek an answer, because truth is important to you...or is it just something to create a discussion?

But it will lead you away from the lies, and as the old saying goes, "nature hates a vacuum".
When what we believed to be true is show to use that it is not, we are on a good path to understand how to learn more.

So please consider my counter question deeply, and let those that scream and shout and insult do so at top speed and maximum intensity.

The offer is genuine however, and if you want information concerning those questions you posted, and a lot of other questions too, just let me know.

Yes, I sincerely desire to know truth. And I do love learning the mechanics of the world around me.

I was born into a very conservatively religious family and well educated as to the teachings of OT and NT.

But the more I learned, the more the discrepancies and contradictions in the verses jumped out at me. And the teachings of the Pastors conflicted with my observations of the world. And conflicted with observations made by serious students of the sciences much more learned than I.

While I deeply respect the religious convictions of the devout, and I would never criticize their beliefs, I no longer share those beliefs.

I am convinced the OT and the NT are both written, not by God, but by men who wished to control, and be enriched by other men. I am convinced that any human soul is simply a product of mythology. There is no Heaven, nor Hell.

When the electricity stops flowing across the synapses, the man is dead and is no more, forever. Thus it is important for each of us to produce our own version of Heaven right here on Earth.

We have somewhat similar stories. The scripture says the Bible is the word of God, and infallible...This is dogmatic. And it was this dogma that led to my awakening.

When I learned that Moses never existed, the Exodus as described never happened. That all life started in "eden" 6k years ago. When I discovered the story of Noah is actually a blatant ripoff of Gilgamesh which was written at lest 2k years earlier than the OT. When I learned that the Israel/Judah "nation" as detailed in the OT actually works out to a grand total of two small city states (both of which practiced idolatry as its majority religion)...I could go on and on. But it became clear to me the Bible is the same as pretty much every other religious document in the world...A mix of myths intermixed with historical events.

SO much doesn't make sense. Why did God ignore humanity for over 200k years, and choose to make "first contact" with man 3,500 years ago. Why did he ignore mankind for all those millennia? Why is it the Bible details ZERO scientific evidence that wasn't generally known for the day? Why didn't God warn the Israelite's about bacteria? Why does it go from religious moral absolutes, to moral relativity?

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

OK, if it wasn't around, say a billion years ago, where did it come from? Was it specially created at some point?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Change in allele frequency is the very definition of evolution.

hurt the descendants too much and they don't make it. Help them enough and they are more successful, and you have natural selection. Wash, rinse, repeat for an unimaginable number of generations and you have populations evolving into new species.

It's all very simple.

Bullshit always sounds simple.

Mutations aren't passed on as an evolutionary progression would be.

It's a random event that happened to happen, and the chances of it being passed on are exactly the same as it happening in the first place.

And as a random event, the mutation may be just as likely a step backwards, from an evolutionary standpoint.

And e. coli, is still just e. coli. If your theory was fact, e. coli'd be walkin and talkin, by now.

How can some folks not understand that when a mutation occurs, it only affects the descendants of that individual. It does not affect the entire species, unless all members of the species without the new mutation become extinct.

In other words, some members of E Coli may have acquired mutations and some of their descendants other mutations until some descendants are walking and talking today. But that does not preclude the possibility that an nonmutated population of original E Coli does still live.

The crocodile, and some "prehistoric fishes" are examples of populations which have remained unchanged for extreme time periods while other populations have changed.

There's no evidence E. coli existed 4.5 billion years ago. Bacteria, yes. While crocodiles haven't changed a lot over millions of years, they have indeed changed. Many species died out and new ones came into being. Their biggest claim to fame was their ability to survive the extinction event at the K-t boundary (likely caused by the meteor off the coast in the Yucatan). Somewhere back 4+ billion years ago, we likely have a common ancestor with E. coli as Idaho_Shooter claims.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Probability Of A Single Protein Forming By Chance

Never Gonna Happen :-)

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by lanenebraska
Probability Of A Single Protein Forming By Chance

Never Gonna Happen :-)

LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 11 of 117 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 116 117

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.