Page 43 of 49 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 48 49
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wageslave
Wow,
really too bad you rushed through Yellowstone and skipped Grand Teton
with all the extra time you have, now.
You can fly home from a lot of the towns you've pedaled through.
Enjoy GF. (again). smile

Hindsight is always 20/20 wink

Even John Coulter had to make multiple trips to see it all.

I'm just gonna have to settle for 500 miles across Texas to the NM State Line and then Lubbock.....

And then about 585 miles meandering around Montana. I did discover the Upper Missouri/Three Forks country is friggin' beautiful, gonna have to leave the rest until next time.

Sure beat the heck out of being at home all summer.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good deal mike. Heckuva trip!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
At least you escaped the Rez with your scalp. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

BW,

You got a bunch of sheit on this thread but not many guys could/would do what you did so a tip of the hat to you from me.

Hope you enjoyed your trip through Montana and Wyoming, you're a tough sumbitch in my book.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First day of school, ol BW as the campfire calls him.. eagerly waits for his new students. They all slowly start to file in some taking seats in the back. Ol BW recognizes some from last year. Finally school bell rings, BW takes roll, afterwards to break the silence he asks the students. What you do for summer break. One or two hands come up, they answer with went to Dallas or to the coast. Ol BW with a big a smile tells them well I rode my bike all the way to Montana..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishN4Eyes

BW,

You got a bunch of sheit on this thread but not many guys could/would do what you did so a tip of the hat to you from me.

Hope you enjoyed your trip through Montana and Wyoming, you're a tough sumbitch in my book.

What's that bumble stumble across Montana, and parts of Wyoming?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bet that Indian Pawn Shop sees some interesting stuff come through the doors when the natives are running low on fire water...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You get to see a heck of a lot more walking or riding a bike then you do zooming by at 80MPH. Great Inspiration.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I bet that Indian Pawn Shop sees some interesting stuff come through the doors when the natives are running low on fire water...

What do your pawn shops get when you cracker asses run low on cash for slim Jim's and cigarettes?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ol BW with a big a smile tells them well I rode my bike all the way to Montana..

Still calling me a liar. I get that from a few here on the 'Fire, ain't used to it. I do stuff like that face to face.

Actually I got lucky getting waylaid at Lubbock, otherwise I woulda been around Casper maybe last week, maybe about now looking to go that way INTO Yellowstone.

A sixty mile steady climb to Sylvan Pass to the west with no services, coulda taken me three days, camping in the woods both nights en route. Instead with a tailwind I did that whole stretch coming down FROM the west in a single afternoon cool

Likewise climbing the hills north of Boulder MT, north of Ennis and north of Helena would all have been walk-and-push propositions instead of more gradual inclines climbing them from the direction I did.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

BW,

What's that bumble stumble across Montana, and parts of Wyoming?

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your next adventure thread.

BW has about 12 years on me and I don't think I'd be too interested in tackling what he did for various reasons but no doubt he showed some gumption and determination and there is merit in that in my opinion.

But hey, everybody has an opinion so if you don't agree no biggie to me.

I just don't understand the hate BW is getting, I thought it was a pretty cool trip with some good photos.

Hell you don't have to agree with the means and methods to appreciate the effort.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yep. Good effort BW. I gotta give ya that. You've seen far more of this great country on a bike than I have in an automobile. So kudos and thanks for the pics.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Hey thanks but physically it ain't actually that hard, mostly its having the time to do it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S

What do your pawn shops get when you cracker asses run low on cash for slim Jim's and cigarettes?

Fine jewelry, guns, big screen TV's... All stolen from the rich neighborhoods... grin

Cracker asses?

Just what race are you? Since you brought race into this discussion...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Ya I'll bet, appeared to be an old White guy running it, (the breakfast burrito shop was right next door, he was one of the customers), I'll bet he had some stories.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ya I'll bet, appeared to be an old White guy running it, (the breakfast burrito shop was right next door, he was one of the customers), I'll bet he had some stories.

Looking at the signs out front, I bet he gets some real quality items through there.

I'd love to browse. But I bet there's not many bargains..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Indian Pawn Shop sees some interesting stuff come through the doors when the natives are running low on fire water...

Fine jewelry, guns, big screen TV's... All stolen from the rich neighborhoods... grin

Cracker asses?

I'm pretty sure it was you.. for the record I'm half black and Chinese my name Leroy Zhang

Last edited by 79S; 07/26/19.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looking at the signs out front, I bet he gets some real quality items through there.

I'd love to browse. But I bet there's not many bargains..

I'm sure of that, and being how its so easy on/off the Interstate, like right there off the main Hardin exit, I'm sure it could be a frequent and easy stop for the collectors of such things.

Me, I ain't a collector, I'd be inclined to buy the old stuff, find a responsible family member and say "here, keep this safe, ol' Fuggnuts over there pawned it.." I would imagine the Pawn Shop owner hisself might have done as much on occasion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
I bet that Indian Pawn [color:#FF0000][/color]Shop sees some interesting stuff come through the doors when the natives are running low on fire water...

Cracker asses?

Whatever you may think, you are wrong. I'm not making assumptions.

I KNOW.

Besides being married to a Native American, I lived next to enough of them on the rez to see and know what they do.

I've personally seen them run over like deer while passed out or crawling across highways while drunk.

I've seen them in the supermarket loading grocery baskets with beer and liquor at 6:30 am...

If you can point out which Indian nations don't have a problem with fire water, I'll happily listen.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
...Sure beat the heck out of being at home all summer.....

And you didn't need to go to the gym.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Page 43 of 49 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,100 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,382
Posts18,469,572
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.